Manialink

If you have anything to say - or advice to give - on the creation or publishing of ManiaLinks, here is the place to do it!

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Pato7forever!
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMUF,TM2 Stadium

Manialink

Post by Pato7forever! » 15 Sep 2014 14:27

Hi,I'd need to know some information about making a manialink.
First of all,I know how to make one,more or less,but in order to don't lose too much time I use a tool cooled ManilinkDesigner.
All right,but there are some things I don't understand. May somebody help me here? :(
1) The colours. I know there is a code for the colors - like trackmania, $fff it's the same of FFFF...but,it's possible to write a nickname from your whole tm nick?
An example. If my nick is $s$w$i$f00Exam$000ple,how do I "convert" this on xml? I don't know how to get the $s,$w or $i,and then I have to..make two texts,one with written Exam and another with ple to make the different colours? Then it's not easy move this two texts in order to make it looks like a single word. So I don't know how to write my nickname in this way.
Edit : I actually understood how to use special characters, but If I use codes like $s $f00 on manialink designer are displayed as they're written, but if I display that with Klf it works fine... who tell the true? xD
2) The shoutbox. I saw a shoutbox by onyx but,when I open it I don't know what does the "database" things to edit mean. I use a database which is 000webhost,but I don't know where to find these things.And then how to I test it to see if it works or not? I also saw a script I should install on my host :( I don't actually really know the use of the host,I used that just to upload some file like images and music..
3) The pages. I made the home,more or less,and I set that if "maps" (ecc) is clicked,you will be redirected to (mymlname)page=maps but...is this another manialink to make? And I should register that as another page...? All the pages are manialink to do?
4)How do I find codes of stuff like the counter of visitors/downloads?

As far as I remember these are the 3 things I didn't undestand. If somebody can help me - pls tell me :) I really need help!

Pato7forever!
pedestrian
pedestrian

Re: Manialink

Post by Pato7forever! » 30 Sep 2014 16:14

nobody ? :(

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Post by Alinoa » 02 Oct 2014 08:44

To add a server in your favorit list, copy this link in your game’s browser address bar
tmtp://#addfavourite=serverlogin

For direct hosting open to all, write <hide_server>1</hide_server> in the command line and use
tmtp://#join=serverlogin

Pato7forever!
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Pato7forever! » 03 Oct 2014 20:32

ty alinoa - but I still haven't found the information I need :/

Pato7forever!
pedestrian
pedestrian