TRACKMANIA ON NINTENDO DS... IT'S OFFICIAL!

Here you can comment all news published on the official site of Trackmania
Retodon8
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMU(F), TM2:C
Manialink(s): Retodon8

Re: TRACKMANIA ON NINTENDO DS... IT'S OFFICIAL!

Post by Retodon8 » 08 Mar 2008 19:21

Thanks for posting, Miguel!
Video comment wrote:[...]the interface has just been adapted to the console's screen resolution, without using the dual screen yet.
I do wonder what they will use the second screen for.
Perhaps a mirror showing what´s behind you is one of the more obvious choices, but that would double the processing power needed, so probably not.
Another obvious guess I can make is a dashboard view with steering wheel, speedometer, stuff like that.
Maybe even a 2D map, which would work for some tracks.
Signs showing upcoming turns maybe, although those would require an extra bit of custom programming for every available track I´d say.
Well, we´ll see.

BLaHiTiS
lord of the roads
lord of the roads
Owned TM-games: tmu tmo tms tmn
Manialink(s): muxitis

Post by BLaHiTiS » 08 Mar 2008 19:30

maybe they can show a radar map so you can see where your opponents are..

and that radar map is being drawn when you drive your author medal in the track editor :)

• MB:Asus P8 H61
  • CPU:Intel i5 2400
  • RAM:8 Gb
  • GFX:Asus GTX-580 (1500mb DDR5) - Forceware 75.33
  • DirectX: June 2011
  • SND:Realtek HD on mobo
[/size]

MikoZ
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMSX,TMNF,TMUF
Manialink(s): Mik

Post by MikoZ » 09 Mar 2008 09:29

BLaHiTiS wrote:maybe they can show a radar map so you can see where your opponents are..

and that radar map is being drawn when you drive your author medal in the track editor :)
And Thats somethin special :D :1010

robert1
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO TMS TMN TMU

Post by robert1 » 11 Mar 2008 10:10

i no ill probably be moaned at for even asking this but any way...
does this mean that maby in the future TM might move to other consoles?

thek142
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMNF, TMUF

Post by thek142 » 17 Mar 2008 00:47

If any one has a AR i will attempt to make cheats when game comes out then we hack like MKDS XD

oliverde8
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMU
Manialink(s): oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 » 17 Mar 2008 05:03

Miguel wrote:A new video from an Alpha version of TM DS : http://www.jeuxvideo.tv/trackmania-ds-a ... 22132.html

It's in French but you can see the game runs well for now.
Video comment wrote:Here is a small video of the DS version of the racing game announced a few weeks ago with the agreement of Firebrand Games.
If the transcription of the engine has succeded, the interface has just been adapted to the console's screen resolution, without using the dual screen yet. Forgottent in the video, the L button to navigate provisionally in the left tabs.
Video author wrote:The game mode played is a customized championship in which he chosed some bult-in tracks and a user-build one.
Some textures are in low details and trees in 2D, but it will change till the final release.
A = Accelerate
B = Brake
R = Respawn

SOryy but that video is a fake one

I find this on the french forum
Assez de tergiversations au sujet de cette vidéo, oui il s'agit bien d'une filouterie de ma part, et je m'excuse auprès de ceux qui ont pu voir en cette vidéo les premières images de Trackmania DS.

La vidéo d'origine a bien été réalisée sur Trackmania United, puis retravaillée aux dimensions de la console sur After Effects. J'en ai profité pour dégrader certaines textures (pixellisation notamment) histoire de rendre le tout plus crédible. Quant à la vidéo en elle même, je n'appuie bien évidemment pas sur les boutons car cela modifierai la lecture du fichier. Petite chose amusante, j'ai du après enregistrement modifer la position des doigts au bon moment pour certaines actions, notament les freinages de Stadium.

La vidéo aura été décriée après examen minutieux sur les forums officiels du jeu, et même un certain rédacteur de jv.com serait resté perplexe devant cette vidéo (coucou Dinowan).

En bref, ne voyez pas en cette vidéo autre chose qu'un essai de manipulation de vidéo, comme je l'ai déja fait avec des images en avril dernier (la planète s'en souvient encore). Encore une fois désolé à ceux qui ont pu y croire, mais le jeu est prévu, et ressemblera quelque peu à cette vidéo.

Si cela a entaché votre confiance en moi, c'est bien dommage, et j'espère que je pourrais toujours poster mes petites vidéos dans la bonne humeur et la sympathie habituelle, de la part de tous les membres, même Skydor. Très content

Another puzzle solved !
^^it is the maker of the video he is telling it is a fake and he didn't for a bit of fun.

BLaHiTiS
lord of the roads
lord of the roads
Owned TM-games: tmu tmo tms tmn
Manialink(s): muxitis

Post by BLaHiTiS » 17 Mar 2008 09:18

I wasn't sure entirely but I even asked sombody who could know: i was just thinking it was fake because of a reason of old sounds and the "pc game" physics seemed kinda werid to me.

obviously the game looked like it could be on a ds, but somehow looked too much like the pc game, you even saw it in the physics, ok they can be transported, yet as they are on the pc game are way too unresponsive to play on a DS. SO I was running in circles, so I thought ah, it's an alpha: they need to tweak it :)

But i was also wondering about the sounds. THere's no single handheld port of a pc game that will have the same sounds as pc games and I asked that person why suddenly old checkpoint chimes would be used in the port where the checkpoint noises in tmu were more muted.

I'm not going to stand on the barricades for a thought I'm not sure of, but it's pretty unbecomming of a video game magasine to do this not ?

• MB:Asus P8 H61
  • CPU:Intel i5 2400
  • RAM:8 Gb
  • GFX:Asus GTX-580 (1500mb DDR5) - Forceware 75.33
  • DirectX: June 2011
  • SND:Realtek HD on mobo
[/size]

oliverde8
solid chaser
solid chaser
Manialink(s): oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 » 17 Mar 2008 18:20

As I read in the french the video was posted by somone else then them. I don't know I just pass you information I taked from there and every one there has accepted the fact that it is a fake if it sin't it it si wonderfull :D

Yoshi
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Manialink(s): Go Go

Post by Yoshi » 21 Mar 2008 16:30

I have got a DS so that's great news!.It also means that i can bring my DS anywhere so i can happily :pil :!: :!: :!:

King-Racer
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMU/F

Post by King-Racer » 23 Mar 2008 15:08

That alpha vid didn't look fake to me, the gameplay seemed on sync with the person playing the game. Plus the screen on it seemed to blend nicely to the size of the DS screen (even when moving around). I have no idea why some seem its fake. But wow! it looks very impressive for the DS. Can't wait to play it!

cspotcode wrote:It's also important to remember that Trackmania DS probably doesn't share any code with the PC version. Nadeo didn't make it, and the hardware is vastly different. As far as graphics go, it makes more sense to look at other DS games to get an idea of what TM DS will be like.

For example, I'm pretty sure the DS doesn't use mipmaps. This will further cut down on the filesize of the textures, if you're comparing to the PC version.

Maybe it is possible that Nadeo handed the devs that is creating DS version the source code of the PC version. Remember, you can CONVERT code from one CPU architecture to another during the porting process for it to function the same, but for the different processor. The camera behavior in the DS alpha vid looked exactly the same as the PC version so that could give a clue of sharing some of the PC code, but converted to work on the DS. The interface looked the same too, but not sure what the touch screen is used for, guess we have to find out soon. :?

But anyways, this is excellent news to me, i got TMU and i will defo get the DS version for the traveling around and for playing in my bed LOL.

otmb;ripbox
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMO, TMS

Post by otmb;ripbox » 23 Mar 2008 20:23

lol watch the vid again you will see the car turn without him moving his thumb

kamistar
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by kamistar » 22 Apr 2008 10:13

I wonder if Trackmania DS have Forever parts.

legospy
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: tmn

Post by legospy » 02 May 2008 15:15

no psp? :( but still, i love trackmania! :pil :lovetm

WailTale
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: All

Post by WailTale » 04 May 2008 11:50

Portable Trackmania?

What better could it get!? :lovetm

svenbo
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF

Post by svenbo » 20 May 2008 15:22

:gobananas: i'm so happy, i love tm and my nds

But as U watch 2 the video U wil see at the Stadium part, the grass has a light, green color. With a powerful pc U don't see it but every ds is the same in graphics.

I hope that I in the future make and play on a server with TMDS.