TRACKMANIA ON NINTENDO DS, THE FIRST VIDEO!

Here you can comment all news published on the official site of Trackmania
s!em
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: ALL

Re: TRACKMANIA ON NINTENDO DS, THE FIRST VIDEO!

Post by s!em » 08 Aug 2008 10:33

but the DS is also a handheld so now we can play TM everywhere we want ^^

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 09 Aug 2008 00:20

s!em wrote:but the DS is also a handheld so now we can play TM everywhere we want ^^
There are also laptops lol but im in total agreement ... a good thing for the DS and some good exposure for many new people to TM ... i cant see anything wrong with some more tm'ers ^^

Now people on the tube will looks over shoulders and see tm :lol:

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 10 Aug 2008 18:35

he's right

"b4" and "2" are not normally english words

Also, just being English doesn't automatically make one's English good. I see some horrible, almost unreadable English being written by English kids online sometimes (not you).

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by jamie_macdonald » 10 Aug 2008 18:43

I will agree with any tm format aslong as it does nadeo good and earns them a wage ... I will buy this .. as i have bought 2 united copies ... If they release psp one i get that too . .and so on ...

Am glad its gone to nintendo though .. i have admired that company for many many years and nadeo seem in similar spirit to the greats of nintendo ... I hope for some good fame for nadeo from this :gobananas:

TM forever ^^

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by jamie_macdonald » 10 Aug 2008 18:48

Zooz wrote:he's right

"b4" and "2" are not normally english words

Also, just being English doesn't automatically make one's English good. I see some horrible, almost unreadable English being written by English kids online sometimes (not you).
I agree to a certain extent ... but if i dont understand something i woul quote and ask .. siems words are far from constructive ... Also these are very common textisms i see in many servers everyday and also on my phone (hence the word text"ism")

Also please consider the abbreviatiosn come in my reply where i was fed up of typing back to siem .. who nomatter how i phrase things ..allways presumes something bad and snipes

Ill try to word more carefullly with less abbreviation ..

but it helps in a multilingual forum if when you dont understand you ask first before rant like siem ?
Last edited by jamie_macdonald on 10 Aug 2008 22:01, edited 1 time in total.

pobmaestro
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMUF, TMWii

Post by pobmaestro » 10 Aug 2008 21:49

Back on track: It's looking great, but I still hold reservations since knowing how fiddly the cars can be to control at high speed, I see it being very difficult on a small screen with a D-Pad. Still looks like good work from the English developer :wink:

Back off track: Your English is impressive Zooz, far greater than most native English speakers. Fancy a job as a writer :)

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by jamie_macdonald » 10 Aug 2008 21:58

pobmaestro wrote:Back on track: It's looking great, but I still hold reservations since knowing how fiddly the cars can be to control at high speed, I see it being very difficult on a small screen with a D-Pad. Still looks like good work from the English developer :wink:

Back off track: Your English is impressive Zooz, far greater than most native English speakers. Fancy a job as a writer :)
Offtrack: Lol yeah Zooz is very astute .. A good choice of Mod i think ^^
(my english is good when i type ok and dont abbreviate (a well deserved nudge from zooz to take more care over spelling and abrreviation. .. i mean look at the misunderstanding that arose from a typo lol)

OnTrack: Lookign beautifull considering the power of the machine compared to mosts Personal Comp's. I look forward to it .. and hopefully some more fame for tm
This game really deserves to be out there and even if just a side fancy compared to the full PC version should be a good addition and some good kudos for nadeo :lovetm

Is also nice to see you knocking about the forums maestro not seen you in a long time ^^

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by jamie_macdonald » 10 Aug 2008 22:29

Zooz wrote:yes, but we all know siem is annoying :roflol:

Those 'textisms' are fine to use for chatting or something, but with a forum there's no time pressure, so there's time to take those 15 extra seconds and make the effort to write a proper post, and it helps readability a lot. Also, it makes you look like an idiot less, to those who care anyway :)
And forum posts are permanent and readable to the whole world, as opposed to text messages or instant messaging, so that's another reason to maybe put some effort into them :mrgreen:
Zooz look to siems first post in thread ...
siem wrote:Yeah me2, Console is the last place for TM.
A DS version has a reason because it's now portable and you've got a touchscreen but on the console you have any of these things ...
I higlighted in red the ironic bit?? .. man that boy just moansfor the sake of it .. he uses the same Textisms normally ... he just likes picking ?

PS. Feel free to delete any of there (and my) Way off topic posts .. it has rather boiled of the point by now ..GO NADEO .. GO NINTENDO .. Best ever Marriage on a console EVER :wink:

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 11 Aug 2008 09:04

Ontopic: Wow it seems nice but some things that may sound weird.

* In TM on pc there is a CP popup to see if the time is faster; There isnt in DS that is too bad if you want to make it playable beacause alot of us might by it.
*Yes the car is bad but hey not every game that was on pc is bad on DS.
*Really looking forward to the game and definitely want to buy a DS for TM and support firebrand.
Last edited by BLaHiTiS on 14 Aug 2008 18:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: NOTE: i've removed some stray posts that would have potentially leading to flamewars. I'm not deleting such a quantity of posts normally becuase it reeks to censoring, but in an official focus newspost topic: please remain on topic.

DSTamuroForever41
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TrackMania Forever

Ok, Stadium Names!

Post by DSTamuroForever41 » 22 Aug 2008 09:09

jamie_macdonald wrote:
s!em wrote:but the DS is also a handheld so now we can play TM everywhere we want ^^
There are also laptops lol but im in total agreement ... a good thing for the DS and some good exposure for many new people to TM ... i cant see anything wrong with some more tm'ers ^^

Now people on the tube will looks over shoulders and see tm :lol:
And not to mention you can play the world, as always!
But finally, you can take your Stadium with you. (As I said earlier I would love a Mod for the PC with StadiumDS skins! But take that to the Mod forums, shall we? (REMOVE THIS IF YOU NEED TO!)) Yes, I call it StadiumDS. StadiumESWC, StadiumUnited StadiumForever and StadiumDS! Know what I'm saying? And Firebrand Games, what a surprise! If us Australians know them creating V8 Supercars 3: Create & Race, and for the rest of the world Race Driver: Create & Race, then expect a heck of a lot of track creation from a game like TrackMania! (Btw, to the English compliment I'm not that good either =P) TrackMania DS, who would've ever seen the day? And me? If TMWii is created, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH EVERYONE?! (Yeh, TRY AND DESIGN ME A LOGO FOR TMWII!) I do apologise for my language, but hey, I'm only 13!

Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN and TMU. :)

Post by Mac Matrix » 28 Aug 2008 12:01

I don't think Trackmania would run too well on Wii; it uses ATI graphics xD.

I jest. The DS game looks really good, considering the DS is essentially an N64-in-a-2.5"-case thing. If Nadeo were able to persuade Nintendo to develop Trackmania for the Wii that would be awesome.

I mean, you could still share stuff on it (through messages. maybe a Trackmania Wii Channel? ^^)

s!em
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by s!em » 28 Aug 2008 12:12

My Ati HD4850 can run tm well on 120 fps ^^
Only a shadow bug on highest shadow gpx ^^
ontopic:
A DS isn't a N64-in-a-2.5"-case thing. A DS can't run N64 games. A N64 have better graphics in my opinion. I've to say that Desert look great on DS, Specially the tunnels :o

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by jamie_macdonald » 28 Aug 2008 12:38

s!em wrote:A DS can't run N64 games. A N64 have better graphics in my opinion
I own both .. zelda looks far superior on the DS to the ocarina of time ... im afraid the DS seems (yes seems, as in my opinion just incase you nitpick :wink: ) to have superior graphics capability :roll:

Glasses? :roflol:

King-Racer
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMU/F

Post by King-Racer » 30 Aug 2008 15:17

Looks really exciting! I'm definitely getting Trackmania DS. Graphics are pretty impressive for the system, they really did push it!

But one small problem...

They didn't mention Nintendo Wi-Fi connection!!! The feature for ONLINE PLAY!

No matter how good the game on the DS seems, the lack of online play will severly cripple it. Can't believe online play is on the DS and being trackmania is now on the DS, it has no info for online play, so strange and somewhat sad. One of the main reasons why Trackmania is so successful is it's online play and will be a shame if they skimp out on such a feature in a yet potentially successful DS game.

Heed my words if any of you devs are reading this, add Nintendo Wi-Fi connection capability!

Sorry for the somewhat rantish outburst, I could be prematurely overreacting because the game still needs time to finish so i apologise for that, its just that i didn't see no online play in the lists of features. I mean the game looks really good to play on the DS, but the lack of online play will most definitely disappoint quite a lot of people, including me. :(

s!em
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by s!em » 31 Aug 2008 09:58

jamie_macdonald wrote:
s!em wrote:A DS can't run N64 games. A N64 have better graphics in my opinion
I own both .. zelda looks far superior on the DS to the ocarina of time ... im afraid the DS seems (yes seems, as in my opinion just incase you nitpick :wink: ) to have superior graphics capability :roll:

Glasses? :roflol:
But you forget the resolution and that zelda is another style and that in the time N64 games were made 3D very new was