IGN AND POCKET GAMER ALREADY FOND OF TRACKMANIA DS

Here you can comment all news published on the official site of Trackmania
Focushome
sunday driver
sunday driver

IGN AND POCKET GAMER ALREADY FOND OF TRACKMANIA DS

Post by Focushome » 22 Aug 2008 14:45

Presented for the first time to the UK press a few days ago in Firebrand’s Glasgow offices, IGN and Pocket Gamer have just given their first impressions after playing the game. Impressions that are unanimously very positive as “Firebrand finds the perfect home for the PC series” according to IGN, while Pocket Gamer questions “Could TrackMania be the best racer to date on DS?”...

They were impressed both by the graphis, as IGN quotes the game as “graphically astounding, a whole suite of tricks being pulled that make the four-year-old console sing.” While Pocket Gamer says that “Firebrand's managed to fit an amazing amount into the cartridge, especially considering the game's a bit of a looker graphically”.

They also appreciate the fact that the original features (track editor, customisation, physics…) that made the fame of the TrackMania series have been perfectly integrated as “Customisation has long formed a core focus for TrackMania… the deftness with which it has been executed is another of TrackMania DS's many marvels.” (IGN) and “What's most impressive is that players can drop a car into a freshly created track and instantaneously be racing their own efforts, and tracks can be shared locally with other players.” (IGN). On the physics side, Pocket Gamer quotes that it is “probably the most comprehensive vehicle physics yet seen in a DS game”.

In the end “Firebrand has created what's arguably the finest racer on the DS this side of Mario Kart… TrackMania has found a perfect partner in the DS, and it's sure to win over a whole new legion of fans when the game's released.” (IGN).

Read the complete article on IGN

Read the complete article on Pocket Gamer

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Re: IGN AND POCKET GAMER ALREADY FOND OF TRACKMANIA DS

Post by Zooz » 22 Aug 2008 15:30

The fanatical TrackMania community was also involved in the development process, providing feedback on everything from track design - they are all new but inspired by existing designs - to setting the gold, silver and bronze ranking times for each track.
Really? I haven't heard anything about this. Maybe they meant "French TrackMania community"? :mrgreen:

Bramble
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Bramble » 22 Aug 2008 23:18

I'm glad its getting decent reviews though. Nice method to spread the word :)

BLaHiTiS
lord of the roads
lord of the roads
Owned TM-games: tmu tmo tms tmn
Manialink(s): muxitis

Post by BLaHiTiS » 16 Sep 2008 10:03

I find it cool that the "track pieces shop" from the original trackmania (befor powerup) is in this game. I guess this could work for the DSS because it lacks other options like the many online modes.

I'm never quite sure why nadeo dropped this in PU, but it maybe had something to do with the fact that people wanted to create tracks and online became such a major component for the game that it would be kind of holding the user back in creativity if they first needed to buy all these blocks offline. ?

anyway, I have no DS really, but the previews sound promising.

• MB:Asus P8 H61
  • CPU:Intel i5 2400
  • RAM:8 Gb
  • GFX:Asus GTX-580 (1500mb DDR5) - Forceware 75.33
  • DirectX: June 2011
  • SND:Realtek HD on mobo
[/size]

otmb;ripbox
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMO, TMS

Post by otmb;ripbox » 16 Sep 2008 13:55

I'm glad its getting a great review from the gaming pro's and that its actually hitting other formats other than pc
My little bro and sis age 6&7 love trackmania and putting it on DS is great for them as they don't have a pc of there own but have their own DS's.... Is there an estimated release date? hopefully its b4 x-mass...would be the ideal x-mass gift for them and hey if santa gets board on the way he can play some trackmania too :p

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 21 Sep 2008 21:26

First online post with my newly bought ds lite can't wait to get trackmania DS!