TrackMania Celebrates its 5th Anniversary with a spectacular

Here you can comment all news published on the official site of Trackmania
Focushome
sunday driver
sunday driver

TrackMania Celebrates its 5th Anniversary with a spectacular

Post by Focushome » 19 Dec 2008 11:11

TrackMania, the racing game the most played online comes back on a few highlights of its young history but also a few aspects that make TrackMania a very unique game in the video game landscape. A young but rich history as it is shown during this 3’30’’ video. We discover in it the genesis of Nadeo’s title, its different evolutions, a world record, smiles, some competition, stunts and a lot of creativity. “Play, create and share” was promised in an early advertising of the game, this promise has been kept and is now the strong base of a community composed of millions of players.

This anniversary video is also the occasion to celebrate tens of thousands of players who are using their exceptional creativity and have offered unbelievable additional content and news experiences to the millions of TrackMania players.

TrackMania is now already 5-year old, but keeps the amazing wish to continue and reinforce this communion between a studio and its public, always more numerous and creative.

Play the video

Download the video (67mb)

SlamDunk
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TM/TMS/TMUF

Re: TrackMania Celebrates its 5th Anniversary with a spectacular

Post by SlamDunk » 19 Dec 2008 11:27

So, the best arcade racer ever made is 5 years old 8)

I first played the leaked Beta in October 2003 and the amount of FUN I've had with ™ since then is unmeasurable.

Thank you NADEO :lovetm

Insomnia
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO
Manialink(s): ET

Post by Insomnia » 19 Dec 2008 13:44

I found this video quite inappropriate. Besides there's no mention of the big leagues, which made TM, what it's now, but a rather unknown Freestyle Cup, the video quality itself is really low. The same music part of 10 seconds is looped over the whole 3'30'', and also the same graphical "effect" is repeated infinitely. This video is a shame for an event like a 5th game anniversary, and far away from spectacular. Sorry!

Dec
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF

Post by Dec » 19 Dec 2008 17:05

I found it good, nice work and happy birthday ofc :D

ShadowTet19
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by ShadowTet19 » 19 Dec 2008 20:25

How could they not mention TM-Creative? I know TStarGermany (although, this isn't something to boast about, I'm sure many players do :P), and his site is amazing. It's at least as important as Carpark. It deserves mention.

JumperJack
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by JumperJack » 19 Dec 2008 22:42

i think the idea is great, and the video is pretty good looking for sure!! :1

though, the music wasn't such a good choice. and the 'important' happenings are also not that obvious either. i really miss electronic tournaments in it, which is probably the most important community regarding leagues. and i also would've thought to see things like maybe dedimania or aseco in it, and not the freestyle cup. now it kind of looks like trackmania is all about freestyling. not even mentioning that i've never even heared about this cup until now... o.O

Bueddl
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMU/N(F)

Post by Bueddl » 19 Dec 2008 23:00

happy birthday nadeo. you did a great work. there is no game/no game developer, who had so much effort and who got so much effort from the community. Trackmania is not only a game. If you really like it, it is a way of living. This game and such a great community (tm-ladder, the cups, tm-carpark, tm-exchange, but also too every tool like remotecp oder aseco, all that is just made by the community, cause this game really earns this) So i think, nadeo did a great job and bulit up a new generation of social gaming.

Thank you, thank you nadeo, thank you to everyone, who worked to make this game standing, where it is today.

Edit:
...just go on... ;-)

BLaHiTiS
lord of the roads
lord of the roads
Owned TM-games: tmu tmo tms tmn
Manialink(s): muxitis

Post by BLaHiTiS » 20 Dec 2008 01:20

I can remember how the total addiction hit back in november 2003 , I even have that very first map out there somewhere (on a backu).

6 people playing on my server all day long, that's what I remember when i think back to the freshness of a new addiction washing all over me :P

btw, I think with all the 'important' things happening during 5 years of trackmania, we need a documentary :) (in series :P).

There's a few other forgotten things like the birth of the dedicated server (which meant alot for tm),

but anyway i guess you can only can so much into a movie which is supposed to 'tell it all'.

• MB:Asus P8 H61
  • CPU:Intel i5 2400
  • RAM:8 Gb
  • GFX:Asus GTX-580 (1500mb DDR5) - Forceware 75.33
  • DirectX: June 2011
  • SND:Realtek HD on mobo
[/size]

Insomnia
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO
Manialink(s): ET

Post by Insomnia » 20 Dec 2008 10:19

Of course you cannot "tell it all"... But Freestyle Cup? Never heard about it. And instead of ET? Seriously, what are we working for since 5 years?
I don't want to be the bad guy in here, but this is a spit into our faces (faces which are demotivated from TM anyway already)
Last edited by Insomnia on 20 Dec 2008 10:50, edited 1 time in total.

tcq
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by tcq » 20 Dec 2008 10:47

Really wanne see the vid, but the dl link don't works. Or i'm just to stupid?

Florent
Developer
Developer

Post by Florent » 20 Dec 2008 12:51

I was not the author of the video and I regret that ET is not in there.

Now, it is really understandable that it is not inside as well. The video is for promoting the game to the wide audience. They decided to use the most spectacular things instead of the most community ones. Guiness Book is not more important than ET for sure. If you think Focus believes that, it is a spit in their face, to take a common expression.

Sorry, but the video was made for world wide communication and not community party. I would love if Focus takes the time to make a community celebration one, with ET at a logical center of it, but I doubt they have power left to do it at the moment. It was the rush for the end of the year.

I have seen a lot of critics over the past times and I really wish that people can handle their situation toward the game. We brought three million new players in and we made incredible efforts in the 2008 year to develop competition related features. We will never do enough for people that are losing motivations. I have seen players becomes bitter while we were doing our best for them. ET came out of first thousands of players. Since then, multiple millions of players came in. There is surely a reason why ET is still on top and that there is nothing to compare within the competitive community today.

Starbuck©
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Starbuck© » 20 Dec 2008 15:16

So say we all ^^
Happy birthday TM.

Frostbeule
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMUF, TMNF

Post by Frostbeule » 20 Dec 2008 19:10

freestyle cup is so esport.

anyway, happy birthday Trackmania!

Kolorabi
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by Kolorabi » 20 Dec 2008 20:23

As another veteran from the first betademo (btw, go =ACE=!), I'm happy to congratulate Nadeo with TM's 5th anniversary and thank you for all the fun you've provided us.

But now I want a new TrackMania. I don't want TrackMania United Forever Always or TrackMania Nations Forever Always. I want new cars and new environments.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy playing TMUF from time to time, and I hope that any new TrackMania games will be integrated with the rest. But I need something new now, something that isn't just about new community features, blocks or improved graphics.

But whatever, happy birthday! :)

rdrew4
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by rdrew4 » 21 Dec 2008 02:18

I've only played TrackMania Nations, but it is one of the best and most fun racing games I have ever played. I agree that the music doesn't fit the video, but does anyone know what the song is, because I really like it and know I've heard it before... just can't remember what it is.