PHANTOM FAKE: AN IMPRESSIVE PRESS FOWARD

Here you can comment all news published on the official site of Trackmania
twoeagles
road tourist
road tourist
Posts: 98
Joined: 13 Oct 2008 15:13
Owned TM-games: tm.
Location: United States of America

Re: PHANTOM FAKE: AN IMPRESSIVE PRESS FOWARD

Post by twoeagles » 11 Apr 2009 00:11

I can appreciate the amount of hard work and constant testing that goes into making a PF map. :pil I thought the one I dl last year, called Holy Sh** was long and impressive but this one takes the cake! :thumbsup: I wonder if anyone would ever make a PF map that goes the distance though, about 25+ mins or longer? :wink: The only problem with them though, is that after the first couple of runs, they get extremely boring to play, but do make good combined videos. 8)

User avatar
NANI
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Posts: 329
Joined: 02 Mar 2009 14:22
Owned TM-games: TMNF
Manialink(s): http://tiny.cc/NGBx4
Location: Portugal - Azores

Re: PHANTOM FAKE: AN IMPRESSIVE PRESS FOWARD

Post by NANI » 11 Apr 2009 18:32

twoeagles wrote: I wonder if anyone would ever make a PF map that goes the distance though, about 25+ mins or longer? :wink:
well i think it's a bit hard cause the map hasn't that much space, but if its like reduce some things and compac others and reduce the speed..maybe it can do..but's it's gonna be ALOT OF WORK... :lol:

:1

lemonade
highway camper
highway camper
Posts: 3
Joined: 29 Mar 2009 19:24
Owned TM-games: TMU

Re: PHANTOM FAKE: AN IMPRESSIVE PRESS FOWARD

Post by lemonade » 12 Apr 2009 15:19

Xymph wrote:
lemonade wrote:Was he ?
Either you're joking all this time, or you really have no idea what a PF (press forward) track is.

Well, until now I really didn't know what a PF track was, but when you hinted that it could be something else I could not help but dive into the net to look for an explanation. Now it all makes sense to me. I could not imagine that it was done that way by design. I was under the impression the guy was driving the car, adjusting its aim during all the stunts (what seemed an impressive skill to me). Thanks for raising my curiosity on the subject -- I liked to know what a PF is and that there are people building such tracks.

Now I understand that the skill factor is in the engineering side of the house, not in the driving. Still impressed.

Cheers,

Dreamcube017
pedestrian
pedestrian
Posts: 8
Joined: 08 Oct 2008 13:08
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Re: PHANTOM FAKE: AN IMPRESSIVE PRESS FOWARD

Post by Dreamcube017 » 13 Apr 2009 06:47

That track is amazing. I can see how it took a LONG time to create a track like this one.

It's very impressive. I wonder where I can find more of these.

twoeagles
road tourist
road tourist
Posts: 98
Joined: 13 Oct 2008 15:13
Owned TM-games: tm.
Location: United States of America

Re: PHANTOM FAKE: AN IMPRESSIVE PRESS FOWARD

Post by twoeagles » 13 Apr 2009 19:31

NANI wrote:well i think it's a bit hard cause the map hasn't that much space, but if its like reduce some things and compac others and reduce the speed..maybe it can do..but's it's gonna be ALOT OF WORK... :lol: :1
I actually have a map, with a gold time of 27:50.00! :lol: It is not on TMX, and was sent to me by request from a teammate, and is called The Green Journey, and quite impressive... I have offered to try it in 3 rounds mode, when someone complains that the (under 2 mins maps) are too long, and they always refuse and stop complaining... :roflol: so, I do think it's possible, and wouldn't such a map be awesome! Only if someone had about a year or so to make it though! 8)

User avatar
NANI
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Posts: 329
Joined: 02 Mar 2009 14:22
Owned TM-games: TMNF
Manialink(s): http://tiny.cc/NGBx4
Location: Portugal - Azores

Re: PHANTOM FAKE: AN IMPRESSIVE PRESS FOWARD

Post by NANI » 14 Apr 2009 13:46

twoeagles wrote:
NANI wrote:well i think it's a bit hard cause the map hasn't that much space, but if its like reduce some things and compac others and reduce the speed..maybe it can do..but's it's gonna be ALOT OF WORK... :lol: :1
I actually have a map, with a gold time of 27:50.00! :lol: It is not on TMX, and was sent to me by request from a teammate, and is called The Green Journey, and quite impressive... I have offered to try it in 3 rounds mode, when someone complains that the (under 2 mins maps) are too long, and they always refuse and stop complaining... :roflol: so, I do think it's possible, and wouldn't such a map be awesome! Only if someone had about a year or so to make it though! 8)
Is It PF?

twoeagles
road tourist
road tourist
Posts: 98
Joined: 13 Oct 2008 15:13
Owned TM-games: tm.
Location: United States of America

Re: PHANTOM FAKE: AN IMPRESSIVE PRESS FOWARD

Post by twoeagles » 19 Apr 2009 07:56

No, it's not a PF map, sry. :lol: It is impressive in its own way though, just when you see the beginning, after the 3 secs wait to load, all you can see is track. :D

User avatar
NANI
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Posts: 329
Joined: 02 Mar 2009 14:22
Owned TM-games: TMNF
Manialink(s): http://tiny.cc/NGBx4
Location: Portugal - Azores

Re: PHANTOM FAKE: AN IMPRESSIVE PRESS FOWARD

Post by NANI » 19 Apr 2009 19:10

twoeagles wrote:No, it's not a PF map, sry. :lol: It is impressive in its own way though, just when you see the beginning, after the 3 secs wait to load, all you can see is track. :D
oh...ok :lol:

I had a friend that made a track off like 41Min...never played...It was like to boring :P

:1 cheers:1

c4rr0t
pedestrian
pedestrian
Posts: 7
Joined: 06 Jul 2009 02:35
Owned TM-games: Every single one.

Re: PHANTOM FAKE: AN IMPRESSIVE PRESS FOWARD

Post by c4rr0t » 14 Jul 2009 04:51

Insomnia wrote:I wonder: Since when does Stadium have red boosters? oO
But seriously impressive! If you didn't know it's a PF, it would be even more impressive (I'd should continue sending PF movies to people who don't know Trackmania, haha ;) )
It doesnt. On replay mode, varible boosters stay one colour. In this case, it's orange.

Post Reply