TM Nations Forever at the WCG 2009

Here you can comment all news published on the official site of Trackmania
Focushome
sunday driver
sunday driver

TM Nations Forever at the WCG 2009

Post by Focushome » 16 Apr 2009 14:38

We have the pleasure to announce that TrackMania Nations Forever is selected by the WCG committee as an official title for the 2009 edition of the famous online competition.

The WCG is a global e-sports tournament. More than one million players all around the world will participate to this event between March and October, to win the right to represent his country on November in China!
Thus, between the 11st and the 15th of November, 78 nations will travel to Chengdu, China, to compete in global finals on the current best video games.
Only the best video games were selected by the WCG committee… and it is a pleasure to announce that TrackMania Nations Forever is part of the official selection for this 2009 edition.

Visit the WCG website

H4sT3
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Steam version

Post by H4sT3 » 18 Apr 2009 01:32

Hi there,

I just created this forum account to ask a question:
Now that it is anounced to be an offical titel of the 2009 WCG and there also is a special WCG-Edition going to be available is it possible to set the same price for this game for the different ways of distribution?

What I mean is:
WCG-Version = EUR 26,99
Steam-Version = EUR 39,99

If the price of the Steam-Version would be as low, as it allready is in stores, I think there would be even more people, that would be upgrading from TMNF to TMUF via Steam.

Can Steam users hope to see a updated price for this great game in the near future?

Stoppi
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU

Re: TM Nations Forever at the WCG 2009

Post by Stoppi » 18 Apr 2009 03:29

Great news! Especially with ESWC dead, TM always had a big part of the exposure thanks to this huge tournaments.

So anything known yet about how you qualify/participate?

Dff|Shadow
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Dff|Shadow » 18 Apr 2009 08:14

@H4sT3 - just look at the 1st Florent's sentence - "We have the pleasure to announce that TrackMania Nations Forever is selected by the WCG committee" - it means that TMNF, a free game is chosen...

ogelone
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: tmu

Post by ogelone » 20 May 2009 02:32

which can be played on tmuf......yeah but i am very interested to see how to apply...its becoming so easy to beat normal server people and would love a chance to play against other people that are better then me (or hopefully not lol)

Dreyfuss
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by Dreyfuss » 15 Jun 2009 07:25

Ugh, such B.S. that the U.S. doesn't seem to be participating in the Trackmania part of the tournament, or I would've spent every waking hour this summer practicing.

KiF1rE
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by KiF1rE » 17 Jul 2009 12:50

heh you too dreyfuss?

ive been waiting for some form of announcement forever from WCG, finally got one, The WCG is not playing trackmania as an official game in the US...