TMU BLASTS FROM THE POLE POSITION IN THE US WITH STEAM!

Here you can comment all news published on the official site of Trackmania
Focushome
sunday driver
sunday driver

TMU BLASTS FROM THE POLE POSITION IN THE US WITH STEAM!

Post by Focushome » 19 Jun 2007 13:05

Focus Home Interactive has released TrackMania United last week on Steam platform, from the famous American developer Valve®, (Half Life).

The launch of Nadeo’s game on Steam is a true success on this platform, in fact during its week of release TrackMania United has even stolen Steam’s sales charts’ first place to the unbeatable Counter Strike ® for one day. A very rare performance that generated a lot of comments on Steam’s very popular forums.

“Trackmania has captured the attention of both racing and action gamers across Europe and the world,” said Jason Holtman, director of business development at Valve. “The launch of this title not only expands Steam’s collection of racing titles, but also continues in the Steam tradition of introducing innovative titles to our worldwide audience of over 13 million customers and growing.”

This cooperation with Steam has allowed thousands of Americans to join TrackMania’s large community from the first release week and it’s only the beginning, Focus and Valve are currently working closely to promote the game among the American gaming press that gave a very positive feedback after they played the first versions of the game.

TrackMania United has been critically acclaimed across the entire Europe. The major European magazines such as PC Gamer, Edge, PC Zone or Gamestar do not hesitate to place it as one of the best videogame of the year, or even one of the best videogame ever (PC Zone, GamesRadar)!

SlamDunk
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TM/TMS/TMUF

Post by SlamDunk » 19 Jun 2007 14:01

Congrats to NADEO and Focus!! :3

You guys really deserve the praise and success :lovetm
keyboard kontrolled since 2003 | my pc

Djoszee
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO / TMN / TMUF

Post by Djoszee » 19 Jun 2007 15:17

don't care about the critics and all the complaints about starforce (lite!) This game rocks and everyone should know!
Good job at using the steam platform to boost up the sales, maybe theres some more motivation to work on known bugs :)

Rax
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Rax » 19 Jun 2007 15:50

Congrats, its great to see more people enjoying this game :)

mp3killer(SLO)
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by mp3killer(SLO) » 20 Jun 2007 13:35

I hope that TMU soon gets what it realy deserves!
Congrats Nadeo/Focus! :D
To those who understand, I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am!
Morow: The Best Progressive Radio Of Yesterday & Today

scottmc
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMN, TMU

Post by scottmc » 21 Jun 2007 22:37

We saw a flood of new players that day, mostly from steam. The Air Time server (located in California) had over 20 players on it for most of the day, which is most than double what it normally sees, now if they will be sticking around to play more or not will be seen.

dustyjo
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMU, TMS, TMN

Post by dustyjo » 26 Jun 2007 11:50

Congrats, you're on the top sellers list!
-dustyjo Happy TrackManiac since Dec. 2004