Dedicated server needed

News about what's going on in the community...

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Slig » 05 Jan 2006 19:12

I want to confirm that the 'log' version of the dedicated have the problem of permanent increasing handles number, even with P2P false. I started my 2 servers 2 days ago (one is a 'log' version and the other not), one has handles at 58251 and the other 30714 !... I regulary have both servers crashed after some days (see screenshot upper), and sometimes not crashed but not visible on the game server list and not responding to xmlrpc requests (so hanged ?).

Yesterday evening i saw "start lag" (in Rounds mode) when there were more than 13 players (it's not a bandwitdh problem on my server, and it's not a cpu problem on the server, so i think more it is caused by some players/clients having graphic lags when there have "many" cars to show). Below that number i don't get the full 3-2-1-bang anyway : that only happen with few players (which don't have a bad connection). I can't tell exactly, but most time with 6-8 players i just get -1-bang, and with 9+ just the bang.

In fact i think that most players don't really try to configure graphic parameters to avoid graphic lags. Too many players refuse to accept that their settings can be bad and change them, so it's impossible to try a server with 15 players and none having graphics lags :( . Perhaps having as default some auto limitation of the visible cars number and of view distance would be the solution, but of course it can't be fixed by the server...

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Slig » 06 Jan 2006 19:48

just some other info... sometimes the dedicated is not crashed, respond on 5000 port, but is not visible in server list... i just had it, this is the end of the TmDedicatedDedLog.txt file :

[Net] NetState : EGameState_Net_Playing
[Net] Nb Playing Players : 0
[Net] CurrentPlayer | Login = srv1@ocb | Name = srv1@OCB | UId = 0 | Official = False
[Net] CurrentPlayer | Sending Interval : Min = -1 | Moy = 0 | Max = 0 | Nb Too High = 0
[Net] -------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disconnection : 10 054
[Net] WinSock error WSAECONNRESET

[Net] NetSystemError 'CNetTcpConnectedSocket::Receive(2)' (10054)

aldosmo
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Re: Dedicated server needed

Post by aldosmo » 01 Jul 2008 17:00

I suggest you this dedicated servers if you are looking for good one dedicated server.

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by f*ckfish » 01 Jul 2008 17:07

aldosmo wrote:I suggest you this dedicated servers if you are looking for good one dedicated server.
Wow, on the one hand this topic has been dead for 2 1/2 years now and on the other hand your post is totally off topic... Nice work :thumbsup:
inactive, sorry

=THC=Flash
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN ESWC, TMNF, TMUF

Post by =THC=Flash » 01 Jul 2008 17:18

f*ckfish wrote:
aldosmo wrote:I suggest you this dedicated servers if you are looking for good one dedicated server.
Wow, on the one hand this topic has been dead for 2 1/2 years now and on the other hand your post is totally off topic... Nice work :thumbsup:

Well, as they usually say, " better latter then never!". Thx for the tip anyway aldosmo! Always nice to know a good dedicated server! :lovetm

Retodon8
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMU(F), TM2:C
Manialink(s): Retodon8

Post by Retodon8 » 07 Jul 2008 20:34

On the third hand, counting this post, he made 0 posts, and on the fourth hand, this seems like it's just unsolicited advertising.
Яєזσםση8
ImageImage

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 08 Jul 2008 11:05

And it's completely offtopic and pointless. Closing this.

Posts in this subforum don't count towards the postcount for some reason.