Fix (optional patch)

News about what's going on in the community...

Moderator: TM-Patrol

xemnes
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: tmu, tms

Re: Fix (optional patch)

Post by xemnes » 27 Dec 2008 23:04

i also have a little problem that needs fixing, this may have been posted before and fixed for their graphics card but i have a laptop with a mobile nvidia gf8600 and every time i enter a track with the mt effect 'colour fx', anything that is graphically rendered will use the chosen colour fx used in the track i played afterwards, heres a preview of the main menu, notice the colour of the globe, this happened after i exited a track with colour fx...

pleeeease release a fix for this

A_P3RS0N
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMNF, TMUF

Post by A_P3RS0N » 05 Apr 2009 01:46

I had a question.
I (used) the "Update" button on the launcher for TMUF, so I only have 2.11.11. Which patches do I need to download, and what will the version # be after I'm done?

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 05 Apr 2009 07:18

For referees, you also need a new fix for the game:
It's available here:
nations: http://files2.trackmaniaforever.com/TmN ... _Setup.exe
united: http://files2.trackmaniaforever.com/TmU ... _Setup.exe

(it's really only needed for use as referee, it's exactly identical to 2008-07-30, except for the referee mode fixes.)
This is version 2.11.19.

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 05 Apr 2009 09:31

w1lla wrote:This is version 2.11.19.
Those partial links are useless. Just refer to the earlier post in this thread.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN and TMU. :)

Post by Mac Matrix » 05 Apr 2009 14:07

Actually, here's a question (and a rather important one).

I just wonder how many people read / reply here.

Has anyone else been using recent nVidia drivers and been getting weird graphics glitches besides the normal SLI lightbugs / dirtbugs?

(I've just noticed nVidia have put out a 182.50 forceware so I'm using the ones before that.)
But, since the 181.20 drivers came out, I've been getting some odd graphics bugs; such as weird flashing / blacking out of car skins in the vehicle select screen, and also a really weird bug with the shadows of one map being displayed on the next (not the lightmaps, the actual sharp shadow shadows).

Anyone else getting this? I'll update my system drivers in a while and post screenshots as/when they happen. I'm beginning to wonder if nVidia have worsened on the SLI support of Trackmania or their drivers have just picked up on more rendering errors in Trackmania? (that light bug is a pain in the ass, especially on Night mood maps... it needs fixing.)
System Specs

AMD Phenon 9950 @ 2.85 Ghz
4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
Gigabyte GA-M750SLI-DS4 mobo
250GB SATA HDD
Gigabyte GTX275 Super Overclock Edition
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad
Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit

Mac Matrix: Author of the TMN Neon Craze

ssjimmyx
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMS/TMF

Post by ssjimmyx » 11 Jun 2009 17:28

I tried the new dedicated files with Xaseco 1.09, and seemed to run ok except for game got stuck in 1 mode and couldn't change it, and my gfx card is a 9800 GTX+ and runs great with this game, no glitches at all on Vista Ultimate 64bit , maybe update your gfx drivers and system drivers. Also, tracksmania kept crashing (just locked up,freezes) when ever I was typing in game. I updated my drivers, and it cleared up, working now for a couple of months with no problems. Good Luck, hope this helps. :thumbsup:

SiH
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMS

Post by SiH » 20 Aug 2009 20:05

Umm.. I have some annoying issues with importing replays and open in editor and i hope some will fix it :)

Inside the MT: when importing many replays, the "lifetime" of the replays is "shrinked". At the bar beside the driver name, it isn't dragged to the end of the time line. Because of this; the cars dissapears after they finish. This is really annoying and it looks very ugly. So the question:
- Can anybody do like the "lifetime" of the replays always is dragged to the end of the timeline?

And/or this:

If i take one replays and OPEN or EDIT it int he MT and go out of it. Then i take the replay i opened or edited and one or more replays on the same map and view/edit/shoot them, is it only the replay that i opened in the MT that is showing :(
If i play all, they all show. This is so annoying. Because i have to work with many replays at the same time and this will cause much lag, even in PC0.

I hope i'll get some attention from the headmasters with this :)
Note: this worked in the other games..

Sorry for my bad grammar/explaining >.<

Edit: Another bugthing:
When i click on s online, the whole time i've been on a map is saved, and only the first 12 minutes of the replay is showing. And the cool part is cutted away from the replay..
So..
Can you get it like when you click on s, you only save from you clicked on del

SiH
Image Image

TMU: Forever<3

Dynamite
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMN & TMU

Post by Dynamite » 01 Oct 2009 13:23

Hi, I'm just looking for some help with setting up my server...

I started the server then ran xaseco, but when i go to join the server it kicks me and gives me the link to this thread and says that my client version is obsolete and to upgrade.

Can someone let me know how to fix this problem, I've rented the server or 5 days now and still cant get it to work so any any help would be really great.

thanks

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 01 Oct 2009 14:01

Dynamite wrote:Hi, I'm just looking for some help with setting up my server...
That's what the Toolbox and XAseco forums are for.
Dynamite wrote:I started the server then ran xaseco, but when i go to join the server it kicks me and gives me the link to this thread and says that my client version is obsolete and to upgrade.

Can someone let me know how to fix this problem, I've rented the server or 5 days now and still cant get it to work so any any help would be really great.
Do as the message says: go to the exact post linked in the message (not the end of this thread), install the appropriate client patch (TMUF or TMNF), and try again.

If for some weird reason you can't do that, I guess you'll have to contact the people that rented you the server, and request they lower the admin client version setting in XAseco to the client version you do have.
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Dynamite
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMN & TMU

Post by Dynamite » 01 Oct 2009 14:52

That's what the Toolbox and XAseco forums are for.
Well I'm new, I just thought I'd post in here because I thought it was related to the problem i had....

and thank -you for the help

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 08 Oct 2009 22:01

xbx has issued a new beta dedicated server that comes with beta client patches: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=23210
Note that these don't contain an installer, only the game and launcher executables, so they're only intended for the adventurous :wink: who'd like to help test them. This is client version 2.11.21 while the server is already ahead up to 2.11.23.
xbx wrote:Here's a new release to fix once for good (hopefully) the player's authentication.
Summary of the previous episodes: a few additional checks were added to the server to detected players that were changing login or using other people logins or fake logins. But they were only fixing the issue on the surface, and were easily circumvented.
So in this new version, we've introduce the correct fix (tm) for the issue, using rsa signature and the like, to make sure that people trying to connect with some login were actually validated and trusted by the master server.

There's also a new fix for the game available if you want to test a bit:
nations: http://files2.trackmaniaforever.com/TMN ... 09beta.zip
united: http://files2.trackmaniaforever.com/TMU ... 09beta.zip
(unzip in the Program files/trackmania folder)

It's mostly useful for the new login validation, but it includes some fixes too:
  • fix for the crash when in multiplayer mode, the mouse is over a image in a server manialink page and the map changes.
  • fixed the rumble on speedlink joypads
  • issue with degraded texture quality for graphic cards with lots of RAM.
  • issue with too restrictive access rights on the shared data folder, under vista.
  • support for the new connection protocol with login signature checks
  • clipping issues with the launcher and japanese characters
  • some little optimisations with load times
  • add a few more fixes carried over from the dedicated server (crashes on invalid data or packets,..)
(and of course all the changes from previous fixes are also included)

The new protocol is supposed to allow a smooth transition (new clients can still connect to old servers, old clients can still connect to the new servers (if not forbiden via the config option).

The plan is to give those some testing, and if all goes fine (no regressions...), make it a more official patch.
Edit: updated links for latest beta.
Last edited by Xymph on 09 Oct 2009 18:49, edited 1 time in total.

dr.kraft
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by dr.kraft » 09 Oct 2009 16:04

help, please!!! I have version 2.11.19 (21), but on Dirty Fun asks for a latest one. What shell I do? Thx.

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Post by Alinoa » 09 Oct 2009 16:18

A new fix for the game is available here. You can try it.
To add a server in your favorit list, copy this link in your game’s browser address bar
tmtp://#addfavourite=serverlogin

For direct hosting open to all, write <hide_server>1</hide_server> in the command line and use
tmtp://#join=serverlogin

Tom.CZ.73
speed demon
speed demon
Owned TM-games: all PC versions
Manialink(s): Tom.CZ.73, sQs

Post by Tom.CZ.73 » 09 Oct 2009 16:22

If I am not mistaken game should make somekind sound while passing from one game menu to another - I hear only music - Is that intentional ?

gabriel_wdsilva
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by gabriel_wdsilva » 09 Oct 2009 21:12

"TmUnitedForever was not found in your computer"?
I gettin trouble here, have a attention box saying the TmUnitedForever was not installed in this pc (mine).
What a can do for execute? Without installing the game again?