Award other players with tags !

News about what's going on in the community...

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Award other players with tags !

Post by Alinoa » 07 Oct 2008 10:58

Hi all :D

A new feature has been added to the player page : the tags, which allow players to provide an official reward to other players.
For example, a tag can be given as a trophy to the winner of a tournament or a tracks contest... If rewards are given by a website or a cluster, it's also possible to make an organization that will officially award the tags.
You can display your tags in the forum by using the tag link provided in the player page.
To access to the tags management

Cheers,
Alinoa

RycardooLINE
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Re: Award other players with tags !

Post by RycardooLINE » 25 Oct 2008 21:40

How is the system of the organization?
After the organization is created, what are the privileges?
Thanks

Dec
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF

Post by Dec » 26 Oct 2008 08:23

I belive that when an organisation is created, members, who belong to that organisation can give away other tags for a lower (lets say 50%) price.

And I'm not sure if there are any other functions.

Lolomax
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMO - TMS - TMU
Manialink(s): Lolomax

Post by Lolomax » 26 Oct 2008 09:17

RycardooLINE wrote:How is the system of the organization?
After the organization is created, what are the privileges?
Thanks
If I remember well, the price of the Gold Tag is 5000coppers when you're the organization creator, instead of 10 000coppers when you don't create an organization. So let's say creating an organization has advantages only if you want to give more than 20 Gold Tags (10 000*20 = 100 000+5000*20).
Also, when players will wear your tags, ingame it'll be written: "Delivered by nameofyourorganization", instead of "Delivered by yourlogin".
That's all I know about organizations ;)

RycardooLINE
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by RycardooLINE » 26 Oct 2008 12:02

Thank you very much informations.

occam
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMS,TMN,TMU,TMUF

Post by occam » 28 Oct 2008 15:10

There are some Tags posted in the French forum, because i don't speak French, i had
to do some guessing, if i wanted to (at least slightly) understand a tiny bit :->

I was curious what Tags look like and so i was happy to find the forum entry
in the official French forum - but, like probably many of you here in the
international forum - i really don't speak French (same with Dutch -- in 2006 when i
started playing TMN on servers in the Netherlands i thought the players meant
'cute map' -- when they wrote 'kut map' - hey, they so did not mean that :->>>)

Here is the link to the French forum anyway - i hope you understand French better
than i do - it all sounds very sexy though - hmm, at least i guess --
if i only was able to read it out loud correctly :->
http://www.trackmania.com/fr/forum/view ... sc&start=0

There must be more than threehundred Tags right now, some of them are rather x- than g-rated,
so it is a good thing i made only a pic of a small collection.

i wondered myself:
the Tags are unique and you can't change the Tags, after they have been created
- so be aware of spelling-errors - there is no editing possible afterwards :->

wilameta
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by wilameta » 28 Oct 2008 16:55

This is one of the best tools ever created...
http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en
Use it to translate any webpage, document or just words :D

Not the greatest translation for sure...but for free...shoot, u can't beat it.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 28 Oct 2008 18:22

I use it to read threads in the french forum sometimes, it's usually sort of understandable.

occam
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by occam » 28 Oct 2008 22:59

i really like 'translate.google.com' i nearly got a bit addicted to it some month ago being on the
Czech NFG Server and trying to keep up with some dialog.

I even recommended it to hylis when he was on exactly this Server, i think it was a Sunday :-> while
talking to NoxOne and some others Florent said something cool, something like: 'that it would be nice
if it was integrated in the TM-Chat-Interface'. Well, that would be nice :->. Maybe some day this will
happen (would be quite like the famous bablefish from 'the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy' :->)

So, thx wilameta you will get me addicted to google-translate again :-> just after i got clean and
accepted i had to guess the meaning :->>

To get back on topic again, i will share a pic of the tags i made for some buddies with you. Since
there are even two Tags for two initial posters in this pic - it should be quite on topic :->>

The Tags (not in order) are for wilameta, zooz, luxirg, stipa, wulu, simla, one player incognito (a former host and admin, extremely nice and patient - not hosting these days but rather playing :->), fish, beep, densu, lada, jfreu, jamie, aye, kama, mac and smurf

if anyone in the forum (who reads this) can read Japanese kanji - the description of stipa's Tag should say 'herb-san' (German=kraut-san) (Japanese romanji=haabu-san) for the san-part i am pretty sure - for the kraut part is a bit tricky - because the German kraut doesn't derive from the word kraut=herb but from the slang-term - which is probably not that easy to translate in Japanese anyway :->> it is derived from this one :-> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraut but if any Japanese reader in the forum reads this: i at least want to know if it really says 'haabu-san' (romanji) in the kanji i wrote (tried to write :->>)

To my other buddies who might read this - i am just not copper-rich enough to buy Tags for all - and i did not have ideas yet for all what it should say - so don't be greeneyed, and especially not because smurf has silver - as you all could read in the french forum which you have translated with google.translate :->> smurf bought already bronze for himself :-> and the guy who has done so much work with tm-ladder should be honored by somebody else but himself too :->> so myself as a Swabian (inhabitant of the southwest of Germany :->) - and Swabian said to be even cheaper than the legendary Scotsmen (in the jokes) was happy to get a silver one, i would all of you make golden ones if i had enough coppers ;->

smurf was even one of the first i was thinking of, who should have a tag - but the image i got directly from the ladder-site wasn't very good - and so i was very glad about the
delay because of the bad picture quality - because when i saw smurfs tag on the french site a few days later i realized, that it would have been stupid to get smurf a second bronze one :-> btw - nadeo should give him an 'author'-tag (if such a thing exists -- in green-gold. Another possibility, if some extremely copper rich manialink/maniacode-owner reads this, would be cool if you could be intrigued and make smurf a gold one (for the TM-Ladder, ML-Styles, and ladder-api-documentation-work he has done :->) i think it is cool that there is a possibility to honor the most prolific members of the community.

TM is the coolest game there is anyway but with the community it has, it rocks the term coolest game of the charts :-> ...so, enough praised for one day :->>

and sorry fishy, your picture was the one i sat on longest - way longer than two hours. I couldn't get the image right and with any kind of png-file i blew the 20kb margin threefold or more - so i guess i have thirty versions and they are all crap - more or less - even the big ones aren't like they should be, maybe some version but what use is it if it has 100kb - of course the F-block and the H-block doesn't exist and in the 100kb version (and of course the original larger versions) they look better, was hard for me to make them look real anyway, and now it isn't even recognnizable anymore :-/ and that for you with all your fancy screen-shot-art having not the most beautiful tag is a shame ( i guess many of the screen shot art is made by the incognito-driver mentioned above ;->).

If i learn to create smaller images even with a nice alpha-channel and smooth transparency - your image having no transparency at all now - but guess why :-> too f.ing big (i meanwhile even tried dds-files but dxt 1-bit alpha looks like sh1t, although the files are easily under 20k with that - but with dxt3 (explicit alpha) and dtx5 (interpolated alpha) in other words with a smooth transparency the same dds-file has 50, with dtx5 60kb that means three times the size that is allowed, so i don't think dds-files with a smooth transparency have any size-advantage in comparison to a png-files. I hope you like your tag a little bit, even though it is beautifully challenged :-> considering how much effort i put in it and pulling out my hair that i did not get it right (yet) :->

Last edited by occam on 27 Jul 2009 22:55, edited 11 times in total.

wilameta
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by wilameta » 29 Oct 2008 00:55

You honor me, my friend. :D
*bows and humbley accepts the tag*

I will gladly pay for your stay at the Betty Ford Clinic for Google-Translationism.

Provided of course your stay is no longer than one weekend...starting late saturday evening...and ending in time for you to make it to the sunday RoC. :D

occam
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by occam » 29 Oct 2008 01:22

wilameta wrote:You honor me, my friend. : D *bows and humbley accepts the tag*     i am happy to have made the happy cruiser happy :->>

I will gladly pay for your stay at the Betty Ford Clinic for Google-Translationism. :roflol: If i only had known they have that - i would have translated like there was no tomorrow - and could have met Robert Downey, Jr

and ending in time for you to make it to the sunday RoC. : D omg you think of me as being fast enough for racing at the RoCs...

...you probably haven't seen me driving closely, probably because you overtook me so swiftly - it is probably harder to not overtake me than - let's say - to get the gold-medal on Platform-E5 :->>>

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 29 Oct 2008 05:16

lol thx occam ...i like the neighbourly rather than the oh so perfect godly too ;) my first ever tagg (not got my ET one yet :cry: )

Nice to know your thought of ... Nice gesture ^^

Least now i know where Zooz's joystick come from :roflol:

Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN and TMU. :)

Post by Mac Matrix » 06 Nov 2008 15:30

I want a tag but I don't know anyone rich enough or who thinks I deserve one.

lol

Boo me :lol:

(This is not an attempt at 'omg gives me a tagz pl0x'.)
System Specs

AMD Phenon 9950 @ 2.85 Ghz
4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
Gigabyte GA-M750SLI-DS4 mobo
250GB SATA HDD
Gigabyte GTX275 Super Overclock Edition
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad
Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit

Mac Matrix: Author of the TMN Neon Craze

Dec
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by Dec » 06 Nov 2008 17:09

Make your own tag and give it to yourself ^__^

XCS Scorpius
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO
Manialink(s): scorpius

Post by XCS Scorpius » 06 Nov 2008 17:16

Dec wrote:Make your own tag and give it to yourself ^__^

It's not a great honor ^^

Or try to make a bank of coppers in your team, and make a tag for your team.
ImageImage
manialink : scorpius