Award other players with tags !

News about what's going on in the community...

Moderator: TM-Patrol

occam
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMS,TMN,TMU,TMUF

Re: Award other players with tags !

Post by occam » 06 Nov 2008 18:55

@ mac

i know about your wish to zooz, that's understandable - but that might be unique :->  i hope you like that you have been occam'ed though, have a look:

Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN and TMU. :)

Post by Mac Matrix » 11 Nov 2008 18:31

:gobananas: :gobananas: :gobananas: :gobananas: :gobananas: :gobananas: :gobananas:

I spam.

:3

xD. occam. xD.
System Specs

AMD Phenon 9950 @ 2.85 Ghz
4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
Gigabyte GA-M750SLI-DS4 mobo
250GB SATA HDD
Gigabyte GTX275 Super Overclock Edition
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad
Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit

Mac Matrix: Author of the TMN Neon Craze

occam
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by occam » 11 Nov 2008 20:52

Your one-thousand, one-hundred and eleventh post...               Image       ...nice...'like you like it...and am happy you're happy :)

...a real life word smith, a verbal acrobat...is what i am today :->>>

Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by Mac Matrix » 13 Nov 2008 15:47

Occam, you are crazy xD

(do tags show up on TMNF? I don't see them but other people have reportedly seen it..

I got avatars turned off though. maybe that's a cause of it?)
System Specs

4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
250GB SATA HDD
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad

occam
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by occam » 13 Nov 2008 16:11

@Mac:
If you have the avatars of other players turned off i assume you don't see the little display of the tag next to the avatar either.

Probably you have figured out the following information yourself meanwhile, but perhaps someone else who reads this is still wondering, so here it comes :->

If you want to show your tiny tag next to your avatar to others, you have to go to  'Menu --> Profile'   and click on 'Add to tag display list', see the picture below.

There are two different elements. The button 'Add to tag display list' is responsible for the display of the tiny tag-thingy next to the avatar.
If you have more than one tag you can 'Clear tag display list' and decide which of your tags you "wear". The Maximum you can display next to your
avatar are three of these tiny 'flags', even if you have more than three tags.

If you uncheck 'Visible by other players' the tag is not displayed in the achievement-box either (you still see it there, but the other players don't).

I am not sure if turning P2P off does withhold the displaying of the tag. Since the tags are stored from Nadeo at 'http://player.trackmania.com/tags/000.png' there should not be an actual upload from the player involved, but maybe you still have to have P2P activated. I did not figure that out yet :->

Edit: Thx to Kerplunk :thumbsup:, who tested it, we know now P2P has to be turned on :->

Last edited by occam on 04 Dec 2008 11:14, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by Mac Matrix » 14 Nov 2008 10:39

It's probably because I turned avatars off then.

=)
System Specs

4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
250GB SATA HDD
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad

beep
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMUF TM orig TM sun

Post by beep » 23 Nov 2008 09:38

Big thx Occam :D for this tag
:3

occam
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by occam » 23 Nov 2008 15:32

You are very welcome, Beep :)

kietara
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by kietara » 04 Dec 2008 09:21

kool
[score]28000[/score]

Mistral
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: tmuf

Post by Mistral » 02 Jan 2009 23:21

Just want to say how ANGRY i am right now.

Code: Select all

Image (DDS/JPEG/PNG, 256x128):
So we spare our money, we found an organisation, we work some hours on a nice clan tag ... what for:

"check filesize - 20k max"

Thanks for hiding this essential information till to the very end when creating the first tag.

<insert some words of insult here>

occam
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by occam » 07 Jan 2009 12:57

Mistral wrote:Just want to say how ANGRY i am right now. ...So we spare our money, we found an organisation, we work some hours on a nice clan tag ... what for: "check filesize - 20k max"
Thanks for hiding this essential information till to the very end when creating the first tag...
occam, earlier in this thread :-> wrote: [...] with any kind of png-file i blew the 20kb margin threefold [...] even tried dds-files but dxt 1-bit alpha looks like sh1t, although the files are easily under 20k with that - but with dxt3 (explicit alpha) and dtx5 (interpolated alpha) in other words with a smooth transparency the same dds-file has 50, with dtx5 60kb that means three times the size that is allowed, so i don't think dds-files with a smooth transparency have any size-advantage in comparison to a png-files...
Although the 20kb file size limit is mentioned here in the forum in some threads i really agree with you, Mistral, that it is annoying and there at least should be a big warning about it on the official page (allowing larger PNG files would be even better :->). If transparency is used in PNG files it often is nearly impossible to get under the 20kb.

Only solution might be to decrease color depth and/or use 8bit PNG - meaning transparency is far less smooth and you have to fiddle with the settings a lot (there is a 30 day trial version of photoshop available which has a powerful feature for saving small sized files for the web) and irvanview with installed plug-ins has also a feature to save pictures for the web.

Of course the best solution would be if Nadeo would allow 60kb for PNG files but for the meantime the 'save-for-web-feature' might perhaps "ease the pain" at least a little :->

Mistral
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Mistral » 07 Jan 2009 15:28

Yep - transparency was impossible ... now we had to decide which background to choose

The small tag and the big one in the profile have different backgrounds ... so either one of them (for us the small one) kinda sucks now.

LuckyB
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by LuckyB » 08 Jan 2009 13:02

great stuff, but i must say the monetary policy of Nadeo begins to annoy in a big way.

We pay thousands of coppers (40 000 and 80 000) to open up an official server, we are only allowed to play with 12 or 16 players on it...
We pay thousands of coppers for this kind of tags (which is kewl), we get 20Kb image sice max...
We pay hours to make some good tracks, we only get 20 coppers if we sell them on maniaspace...
We play hours to get LadderPoints and Nadeo takes 3000 (?) away every week....

What is wrong?

I am running a team but i can't get enough coppers to make an organisation, give tags, make servers, run a lottery.. etc.

I need a million coppers if I wanne keep it cool and boost up the fun... else.. another game?

Please Nadeo, lower your rates.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 08 Jan 2009 15:25

You have to earn your money, best way of doing that is selling good custom content on Manialinks, which is what Nadeo would want to encourage. I don't see a problem with how it works now, really.

Mistral
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Mistral » 08 Jan 2009 15:27

Zooz wrote:You have to earn your money, best way of doing that is selling good custom content on Manialinks, which is what Nadeo would want to encourage. I don't see a problem with how it works now, really.
On the other hand you were quiet happy about a nice donation ;)