Award other players with tags !

News about what's going on in the community...

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Re: Award other players with tags !

Post by Zooz » 08 Jan 2009 19:38

Mistral wrote:
Zooz wrote:You have to earn your money, best way of doing that is selling good custom content on Manialinks, which is what Nadeo would want to encourage. I don't see a problem with how it works now, really.
On the other hand you were quiet happy about a nice donation ;)
Well, who wouldn't be? :mrgreen:
It's not like I was dirt poor before that, and the difference is that I was going to host that server on my own, while most servers are a team effort, and a team can have custom content creators to get it some coppers, rather than being a racer-only team. That's what I meant in that post, anyway.

It's probably better to have teams with racers, skinners, mappers and hosters playing together, and coppers seem to encourage that a bit.

occam
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMS,TMN,TMU,TMUF

Post by occam » 13 Feb 2009 19:46

Friday the 13th (Feb), time to create some lucky tags :-) for snake, boss, gockel and neo (not in order).

Saturday, the 21st (might as well already have been Sunday, the 22nd :->) but still it was... ...time to create a tag for focus, as prize for winning a new rec on Trial_pro Area zone 1

February, 23rd, an opportunity to honor the host...

...and on March, 8th, the creator...

...of fantastic adventures.

Friday the 13th (Mar) and again time for a lucky tag :-) this time for a skilled author

July, the 1st, time for Timebreaker :-)

July, the 2nd, time for Harddance' long due tag :-)

July, the 3rd, the RPG movie was the occasion to honor the Movie directors, Babso...

...and July, the 4th, the Movie director Madman with their more than deserved tags.

August, 21st and 22nd time for the long due tags of Stromek, Tecfan and Chazu ...

August, 25th time to honor amazing MT work...

October, 24th time to create some tags :-) for lexx, tecfan, max, stromek and hawk (not in order).

Last edited by occam on 25 Oct 2009 00:24, edited 18 times in total.

occam
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by occam » 23 Feb 2009 18:15

Smurf updated his site TM-Ladder.com, now TM-Ladder is also showing the Player tags :->

Congrats Smurf :-), nice work :thumbsup:

Although i think smurfs entry on TM-Ladder should look like this :->>,

maybe Nadeo could do something about that ;-)

So maybe a very small petition :-), like the following might at least bring the idea on the table :-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Salut Florent,

in late October of 2008 i was already thinking: It would be a nice idea if Nadeo gave Smurf an 'author'-tag :-), well at the time i wasn't sure if there even was such a thing as an author tag :-> ... well now i know...

So might there be a chance you award Smurf with an author tag for outstanding achievements for the community for creating and improving TM-Ladder :-) ?

Cheers,
occam

Last edited by occam on 24 Feb 2009 11:34, edited 2 times in total.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 23 Feb 2009 20:42

Smurf who? :roflol:

occam
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by occam » 23 Feb 2009 21:50

Zooz wrote:Smurf who? :roflol:
Zooz your sentences mostly aren't too long and often that is crisp and funny - but sometimes a bit more information in your comments wouldn't hurt :->>. You - as moderator - want people to stay on-topic, so sometimes you could be a good role-model and you could contribute a bit more information :->>

Usually you seem well informed so i guess you are kidding :-> and so i am sure you know who Smurf is, Zooz :->

But other forum readers might really not know, who Smurf is -> Paf Smurf --> Schtroumf the creator and webmaster of TM-Ladder*.

TM-Rankings is a really cool site, but TM-Ladder was already a fantastic website, when TM-Rankings was still "years" :-> from being published. And since a big part of Trackmanias Appeal is the huge amount of fan work, like TMX, TMC and many other Sites, the Plug-ins, and so on, i think it would not be much effort for Nadeo to award some of these achievements.

Maybe once a year, like TM awards. Or just out of gusto :->, as i said it should not be that much work to make a little golden green-ish tag for some very prolific members of the community.

I might count you to the group of people who would earn such an award too.

You are very probably one of the ten fastest TM United drivers in the World (thanks to TM Ranking everybody can even look on the stats), more in the upper Top10 and so you probably will have a lot of fancy tags soon and don't know where to put them :->, but it is safe to say Smurf is not as fast as you are ... it is safe to say there are only a few others that are... ...your Team member Sandder and as i stated to count the others two hands or maybe even one hand will be enough.

And so Smurf will not get a bunch of tags for fast driving like you will, but i think it might at least be reasonable to think about the idea that creating a site like TM-Ladder could be honored by a little Tag. It's not like i asked for the Nobel prize for smurf.

And if somebody builds a nice site or a plug-in for the TM community Nadeo could honor that.

And of course there would be quite a few people who i could think of in a second which maybe could or should have a Tag from Nadeo. Xymph, Jfreu, Zooz, Mistral, TStar, a lot of people from TMX i think MrA and MrD :-> ... Blahitis for the TM-Forum, ... and i probably can edit in a whole bunch of them here later :->

And for your work as Beta-tester you might earn it too...and often for your work as Moderator too :->

I am not so sure if i would have liked a longer and more serious answer better, a little joke might be more moderate after all than a strong opinion... but i really think there is nothing wrong with honoring some community members...and it should not be much work to create a little tag.

I could have picked any prolific TM community member and it probably is more something like a coincidence that
i picked Smurf to ask for a "author-tag", and i already did that on October 29th in this very thread, this time i thought i put pictures in, maybe for the same reason you write so small sentences, because often one gets the impression many people are way too lazy to read anyway.

* If you really didn't know :-> you could have looked on the index page of TM-Ladder though:

* Detailed information of all players
* world ladder on each environment
* locals ladders on each environment
* Zones and subzones ladder

You want to support this site ? Make a small coppers donation to Schtroumf

TM Forever top 10
1 मพς ŁσυηgєЯσσм ҂҄
2 kino_p
3 [CDD]Zooz
© 2006-2008 tm-ladder.com - All rights reserved - v5.2
Fabien CALLUAUD In partnership with Nadeo

Last edited by occam on 18 Apr 2009 19:05, edited 5 times in total.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 23 Feb 2009 22:06

Heh, I know who he is, I just wanted to get into the "why him?" stuff, since there are a lot of other people who may or may not be equally qualified for such an "outstanding achievements" award. The point I was trying to make was that it'll be pretty much impossible to do this without pissing some groups of players off, and that's why you almost never see game devs do that kind of stuff. Tags are by players to players, and by organisations to players, and in the second case they tend to be prizes, not popularity awards.

But it seems like i got it across anyway with that two word post, since you touched on that too :mrgreen:

occam
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by occam » 23 Feb 2009 22:54

Yeah, and i get your point and you are pretty sure right, that it might be problematic for Nadeo to piss the ones off who did not get an award. On the other hand there are such things as oscars, so maybe it could be still a good idea - but i see your point :->

Maybe if the community selected every year some of their own, members chosen from a jury put together from community members. And this Jury recommends the winners of an "Achievement award to community members" to Nadeo and Nadeo finally gives the award, but would not decide who gets it.

In the design like the startrack tags... ... it is just an idea...and you are making a valid point...if you forget to award some prolific members you might irritate and antagonize them...

To mention the Oscars again: The jury of the oscars are a few thousand people from the industry itself (actors, directors, cutters,...) - for TM that would be the community (coders, webmasters, authors, moderators,...).

And i know yesterday was oscar night but if you look in my epic post from October, 29th you see i already thought of smurf :->

And oscars aside - you make a valid, very valid point and you say that other Developers don't do that either, because of the risk to antagonize their community...

...on the other hand there is nothing like Trackmania.

There might be similar success stories and maybe there is something similar i don't know about, but from what i can tell, there has never been a similar reaction to a game like it was to TM with TMX, TMC, TM-you name it :->

Of course i am a huge fan of TM and very biased pro TM and i am pretty sure it would not make a big difference awarding community members with tags, after all they do it now and there are no such tags (yet). :->

And you won me over to the dark side :->> and i see it a bit more sceptic now :->> -- maybe it would only bring green eyed jealousy and envy into the community if done wrong, and maybe the false smile of oscar nominees wasn't a good example to support my idea anyway :->>

So right now you might have convinced me, Zooz, because at the moment i can only come up with stuff that contradicts my initial idea :->>

But maybe somewhere outside there somebody still belongs to "the light side" and comes up with a really good example of an award that enlightens people.
And i desperately try to fit in the sentence "the force is strong in that one" :-> but nothing comes to mind :->>

The essence of your argument is the very same reason i claim not to write picture post cards in holidays the last twenty-five years :-> (well, ok the deeper basis might be laziness :->)... but still if you write 100 picture post cards, friend number 101 and 102 might get pissed that you forgot them...and that is quite similar to your argument as i understood it...

When your arguments are longer than two words, i really do like them :-) and there is less guessing involved :->

Last edited by occam on 24 Aug 2009 09:43, edited 2 times in total.

NANI
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMNF
Manialink(s): http://tiny.cc/NGBx4

Post by NANI » 30 Apr 2009 09:35

Zooz wrote:I use it to read threads in the french forum sometimes, it's usually sort of understandable.
Yea me too..cause sometimes I don't understant the word nd read topic and don't understand it, don't even bother post the response...but I still have some writing problems...so It makes usefull for writing topic so that anyone knows what we write
Hey! :D :3 This Is An AwEsOmE P0st :3
http://www.youtube.com/user/ScorpionNani<=MyYouTubeZone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax73WhjmyFo<= my Animation Video

NANI
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by NANI » 30 Apr 2009 09:45

Mac Matrix wrote:It's probably because I turned avatars off then.

=)
Some It also can be cause in some zones there ain't tags or they are rare...The first time I saw was like WTH!!!! I want one but i don't have united...XD

Also i was wondering if the TMU folks with accout can buy a TAG...with coopers..that would be great

TMN
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU

Post by TMN » 30 Apr 2009 10:31

yes you can buy tag's with coppers.
>>--- Join us at Catch Gamer 100k server in NOR. ---<<

NANI
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by NANI » 30 Apr 2009 13:55

TMN wrote:yes you can buy tag's with coppers.
thx...that depends also with the tags...like better tag, or rare tags cost more coopers....like how mush it costs?

///Iceman
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMS,TMNF,TMUF

Post by ///Iceman » 16 Jun 2009 13:05

:scene: hi all.
i was just woundering if any one can make a tag for me, ( gimp doesnt work for some reason), Anyway.
i was thinking something like my name, IceMan!. and like a swedish flag or something, if you want to create the picture for me i would be werry happy! :1 :1

btw: you do not (create the tag) only the picture i will use in it.

PS. sorry for bad ENG:P
HOT//IceMan!

Speeder07
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMS TMNF TMN TMUF

Post by Speeder07 » 28 Jun 2009 20:29

lol i got a tag!! :gobananas: :roflol:

occam
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by occam » 04 Jul 2009 09:19

...and the Oscar...for outstanding Direction of an   RPG movie   goes to ... Babso and Madman

Babso received his oscar-tag...

...while Madman has to receive his oscar-tag yet, because Madman's login could not be determined :->

Edit: Babso provided the necessary information, so the honoring could be completed and Madman received his tag too :-)

error55o
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF,TM

Post by error55o » 24 Jul 2009 10:36

how small are these in game xD rotflmfao tiny is too large a word
Dream the impossible dream
http://e55o.game-host.org/