Nadeo have their work cut out

News about what's going on in the community...

Moderator: TM-Patrol

WWNSX
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by WWNSX » 29 Mar 2006 22:32

Acegikmo wrote:Whats that?
Is there other games than TM??? :shock:

:roll:
:shock: ROFLmao. I agree with you Ace. I haven't played any other game since i started playing the TMS demo Last March. Those Cars look to Cartoony. IT doesn't hold a Candle to TMSX Especially if you Play it in PC3 Mode with everything up...One reason I'm going to upgrade my AGP card to a 6800GS and a gig of ram before I save up for a new system more pixel pieplines then my 6600GT and hopefully a 39% increase in performance. :)

-WWMSX

TrabTowN
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMS,tmn,TMU

Post by TrabTowN » 30 Mar 2006 01:50

LooOOooL

loks a bit like a new lego racers 3000

:lovetm
100²% addicted

mf-
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by mf- » 30 Mar 2006 01:54

Tmn is free. Tmn has a huge competition scene. Tmn is all about gameplay not gamecandy. Although tmn does look sweet on high settings.

Runningman
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF,TMN

Post by Runningman » 30 Mar 2006 14:51

heh, its both. infact ive been calling it the new quake3 since quake4 is a piece of ish
Drift Forever Mod RELEASED!!
[url=irc://www.quakenet.org/trackmania]#trackmania IRC[/url] (international languages) come idle!
mikemartin.co
my cars
steam +friends
ESWC 06 USA Top Driver owned by games-services.com

Willum
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Willum » 30 Mar 2006 15:14

Meh, I'll probably download the demo but I don't think this'll tear me away from TMN.

CAR-AZY
swift roadking
swift roadking

Post by CAR-AZY » 31 Mar 2006 09:08

Willum wrote:Meh, I'll probably download the demo but I don't think this'll tear me away from TMN.
I'll prolly do the same

Tom.CZ.73
speed demon
speed demon
Owned TM-games: all PC versions
Manialink(s): Tom.CZ.73, sQs

Post by Tom.CZ.73 » 22 Aug 2006 16:30

Holley
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Holley » 24 Aug 2006 11:52

Runningman wrote:heh, its both. infact ive been calling it the new quake3 since quake4 is a piece of ish
Thats probably what Sierra are after with releasing the online version of FEAR ...

I bought Crashday and was sorely disappointed, TM is the standard for online racing that others need to be judged by, at the moment most come up short by comparison. Having jetpacks on the back of cars relly put me off this one though ...

PANsen
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: all TM games...
Manialink(s): ss3

Post by PANsen » 24 Aug 2006 16:20

until now, only flatout2 has the chance to pull me away from tm...

...for one day^^ then i have to play tm again ;)
on the first look i thought, it would be a slightly modded nations car on a new tmu screenshot :lol:
and on the second i thought, that nadeo changed mind and added one more environment to tmu and this is the first screen^^
my specs:
Notebook 15,4": Asus X53Kseries
AMD Turion X2 , 2x2,0 ghz
2x1024 MB DDR-2 RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600
160 GB HD @5400 RPM
sound onboard
DSL 6000/512 WLAN
Win Vista Home Premium
driver: latest catalyst with mobility modder

Drake1009
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Drake1009 » 24 Aug 2006 19:42

Tried to get into a game of crashday today. There were no clients playing with v1.1, the having to join only when people are in the lobby, the no rotation of maps and such really really hurts crashday's multiplayer, that and the lack of people. With the 1.1 patch it actually became playable too. Too bad the track editor (though more elaborate than TM's) falls short when it comes to creating anything nicely playable. While TM's track pieces do well at not seeming as monotonous as they actually are, the crashday's track pieces really make you feel like you're driving through the exact same area, with very limited scenery to boot. Would've been nice to see it succeed, but it just falls so short of TM that it's almost painful.

Only racing game that really takes my attention other than TM at the moment is Xpand rally, which is sort of nice, but isn't really much comparable with TM, being so different.

otmb;ripbox
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMO, TMS

Re: Nadeo have their work cut out

Post by otmb;ripbox » 01 Jan 2008 17:41

hehe i forgot to relight this thread when i got this E-mail

Hi Ripbox,

Thanks for your interest and for your patience. We're pleased to announce you that Nitro Stunt Racing Stage 1 is finally available by download!

You can download the Demo from:
http://www.nitrostuntracing.com/cms/ind ... 56&lang=en

Unlock the Demo and take part in the on-line rankings by bying a license on: http://shop.nitrostuntracing.fr

We hope you'll enjoy NSR.

The NSR team wishes you good handling for 2008!

Game Seed wishes
See you soon on http://www.nitrostuntracing.com

ok ok its not as good as TM but non the less a good game
have fun and a great new year
* Core 2 Quad Q6600
* Abit IN9 32 MAX Motherboard
* 8 GB OCZ 4GB PC2-6400 nVIDIA SLI-Ready Edition (4X2GB)
* AMP! GeForce GTX 260² 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 x 1
* 150GB Raptor HDD
* 500GB Caviar HDD
* Vista Ultimate x64
* Thermaltake W0133RB 1200W PSU

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: All

Post by Trackmaniack » 19 Feb 2008 17:12

This looks interesting...I'll give it that. But this almost looks to be more of an arcade racer....and by that, I mean that while TM doesn't exactly mirror real-world physics, the graphics, gameplay, and "feel" were such that it was almost believable. This just looks like it's cranking out as much crazy stuff as it can....and besides, the only way I'll give this a look is if it is a: cheap, and b: can run on a not-top-of-the-line integrated graphics card...
Cruisin' through life, TM-Style!

DaCheese
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by DaCheese » 29 Feb 2008 23:09

Have any of you other than Ripbox actually tried this? I have, and posted these thoughts elsewhere:
DaCheese wrote:I downloaded this in the middle of last night as I couldn't keep my curiosity at bay any longer. So, a short summary of my opinions on the game can be found below. This isn't neccessarily fair as this was the demo; one track, one car and all on a PC that contains a graphics card that I now realise was fantastically overpriced. It ran fairly smoothly in the demo's duel mode, but didn't look great.

Any good? S'Alright.
Worth downloading? Yeah, probably, if your PC's better than mine (that's probably not going to be a problem).
Would you buy it? Nope, not at least until I have a new PC and all three stages are released with online modes.

I realise that many of you will want more detail, so here goes. The handling is an odd mix of arcade and simulation that leaves the car sliding nicely into a corner one second and spinning out after a few side to side twitches the next. The controls themselves are pretty normal and simple until you take to the air and realise that there's in-air control available too. It might just be the way I've set it up for my PS2 pad but there was too much to remember. Worst of all though, it's not much fun. It's like the fun police have come along and taken everything away as evidence.

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: All

Post by Trackmaniack » 01 Mar 2008 05:50

Well no, I actually did download the demo last week, and like you said, it's kinda fun, but I wouldn't buy it until everything is released....especially not for 30 bucks....
Cruisin' through life, TM-Style!

TrabTowN
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMS,tmn,TMU

Post by TrabTowN » 01 Mar 2008 12:23

tried it and got to say its shite! ... the "flying" is just mega ROFL ... sorry nsr guys, but try harder next time... :lovetm
100²% addicted