Information about the TM-United beta.

News about what's going on in the community...

Moderator: TM-Patrol

=_n4drive=
cyclist
cyclist

Post by =_n4drive= » 01 Nov 2006 15:03

Willum wrote:Sunrise had a pretty big demo too, and no one ended up buying the game cause of it.
Nope many people bought the game after the demo.. But when they did they didnt like it and returned to Original..
n4...

=_n4drive=
cyclist
cyclist

Post by =_n4drive= » 01 Nov 2006 15:04

ChiggenWingz wrote:Personally this is what I'd like to see in a Demo/Free version

-Full Stadium race game, all pieces and different skies.
-Limited Puzzle and Platform modes for Stadium
-Ability to edit and create tracks for stadium
-Able to earn full masterpoints during multiplayer racing
-Able to earn coppers from Single player game
-A few select races from each environment, yes all 6 of them for the player to get a taste of each car
-Able to play the selected tracks in Multiplayer from the 6 environments
-Ability to paint all 7 cars and save your own skin
-Ability to participate in all ManiaZone and ManiaLink stuff. (even the myspace thingy page, that way people will feel more compelled to possibly buy which will earn them more respect on their page possibly?)
-Able to retain saves/coppers/masterpoints etc when installing the Full version

I'd imagine it would be a sizeable demo, but most demos are getting pretty big these days.
Yes that perfect :P
Btw do we get a demo>>.
And when.... :idea:
n4...

scottmc
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMN, TMU

Post by scottmc » 01 Nov 2006 15:22

=_n4drive= wrote: Yes that perfect :P
Btw do we get a demo>>.

You got a demo... it was called Nations... came out in January. ;)

=_n4drive=
cyclist
cyclist

Post by =_n4drive= » 01 Nov 2006 15:59

scottmc wrote:
=_n4drive= wrote: Yes that perfect :P
Btw do we get a demo>>.

You got a demo... it was called Nations... came out in January. ;)
Then why beta test if we got the demo :idea: :P :wink:
n4...

BLaHiTiS
lord of the roads
lord of the roads
Owned TM-games: tmu tmo tms tmn
Manialink(s): muxitis

Post by BLaHiTiS » 01 Nov 2006 17:09

lol no it's a figure of speech. the demo of tmu is in essence, nations (with not so many blocks in the stadium)..

• MB:Asus P8 H61
  • CPU:Intel i5 2400
  • RAM:8 Gb
  • GFX:Asus GTX-580 (1500mb DDR5) - Forceware 75.33
  • DirectX: June 2011
  • SND:Realtek HD on mobo
[/size]

Koroner
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Koroner » 01 Nov 2006 17:16

Willum wrote:Sunrise had a pretty big demo too, and no one ended up buying the game cause of it.
I agree with Willum.
Initially I played the demo and almost no one wished to buy the full version of Sunrise, mainly because they would lose their friends.

A TMU Stadium-only demo community would be way too big compared to the full game one. That's because of Nations, obviously. Almost nothing would change regarding the current situation.
I think some kind of demo is needed for any game, therefore my suggestion is making a NON completely playing demo (say, without the multiplayer or with other strong handicaps) or making one with a "minor" environment inside.
Yes, I know that no environment should be labelled as "minor", but you can't deny that Stadium, for istance, is far more known and played than Rally.

Honestly, ChickenWiggs, I think that you're only showing off your not wishing to pay for a video game, however good could it be...

[PTG]Chef_uk
cyclist
cyclist

Post by [PTG]Chef_uk » 01 Nov 2006 18:27

how the heck do i lower the volume down? its usually on the first configure screen but i cant find the sliders anywhere. The wife thought she heard pixies as she was walking up the stairs when i had the menu music playing ROFL.

s-j!
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by s-j! » 01 Nov 2006 18:34

Ive got the beta ! :D :D

manialink :tm

Koroner
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Koroner » 01 Nov 2006 19:34

[PTG]Chef_uk wrote:how the heck do i lower the volume down? its usually on the first configure screen but i cant find the sliders anywhere.
Move your mouse to the top-right of the screen while you are in the game. Something will pop up. :wink:
[PTG]Chef_uk wrote:The wife thought she heard pixies as she was walking up the stairs when i had the menu music playing ROFL.
:lol:

BLooDMaN
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by BLooDMaN » 01 Nov 2006 19:36

everyone has to buy TMU?

i mean, the players that owns TMO, TMS and TMN will have to buy TMU?

(i just love the new hud, and online system of TMU!)

ps: had to ask :(

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 01 Nov 2006 19:55

Since I think Nadeo doesn't have a money tree in their back yard, yes.

It's a new game, unrelated to whether you have previous games or not...

=_n4drive=
cyclist
cyclist

Post by =_n4drive= » 01 Nov 2006 21:02

BLaHiTiS wrote:lol no it's a figure of speech. the demo of tmu is in essence, nations (with not so many blocks in the stadium)..
aha :shock: so we will get a demo :P Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaah :lol:
n4...

ChiggenWingz
road tourist
road tourist

Post by ChiggenWingz » 01 Nov 2006 21:54

Koroner wrote:
I agree with Willum.
Initially I played the demo and almost no one wished to buy the full version of Sunrise, mainly because they would lose their friends.

Honestly, ChickenWiggs, I think that you're only showing off your not wishing to pay for a video game, however good could it be...
Thats a true point, I've played demos in the past and found the community there to be friendly thus I didnt exactly rush to get the full version. Possibly the Full version of the game could join the demo server's? (Thats something I forgot to add to the list above)

And I can tell you right now, I've bought both Trackmania games well before I got Nations, I even imported a more expensive version of Sunrise from the UK because I got sick of waiting for the useless Aussie distributer pushing the release date back. I don't want to see people not buy a game because they are content with the demo, but you need to understand there are a lot of casual gamers out there who will only buy a few games a year, and there are people that just plain don't have the time or money to invest further into playing the full game. The Sunrise demo has not stolen some of the audience away from the full game, those people are not very likely to buy the game in the first place, had the demo been smaller or felt rushed, those people probably would have played it for a day or two, then un-installed it and moved onto another game.

Maybe try not to make personal assumtions of others in the future?

WWNSX
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by WWNSX » 02 Nov 2006 00:48

I 100% Do not agree with Willum.

I initially heard of TMS when I was watching Attack of the Show (lousy show on G4) back when Kevin Rose was working on it and it was still decent. Around February or March of 2005. I d/l the Demo and Started Playing on-line etc Joined TMX and counted down the days to the full TMS Release which happend in April little did i realize I'd have to wait longer for the US release. I called EB games, Gamestop, Best Buy and Fry Electronics day and night looking for the Game.

I ended up buying my copy at Fry's Electronics (smaller well known electronics retailer)out here on the West coast of the US and then I later bought another copy because mine got pretty scratched. Why? because I played the Demo and I know My Best Friend Did and bought a copy and I just recently got a total Stranger from Texas to buy a copy after he played one of the demos. So in my opinion it doesn't apply to the few people I've known but it may apply to other people/country's.

I don't think there should be a TMU demo. Why? Well you can still find the demos of TMO, TMS, TMSX, and TMN on-line and in essence TMU ties all those together, makes it more seamless to switch from one to another, and adds more blocks etc which is fine with me. You want a TMU Demo go play the games or demos if not go ahead and keep asking for a demo. I rather let Nadeo have more time to fix as many bugs as possible in TMU before release.

-WWNSX

ChiggenWingz
road tourist
road tourist

Post by ChiggenWingz » 02 Nov 2006 05:24

WWNSX wrote:I don't think there should be a TMU demo. Why? Well you can still find the demos of TMO, TMS, TMSX, and TMN on-line and in essence TMU ties all those together, makes it more seamless to switch from one to another, and adds more blocks etc which is fine with me. You want a TMU Demo go play the games or demos if not go ahead and keep asking for a demo. I rather let Nadeo have more time to fix as many bugs as possible in TMU before release.
True.dat, but would you really want to download 3 seperate demos to get a feel for the game? Not to mention you have to hunt around a bit these days to find the demos. :? Thats why one single demo/free version that has all the other features from the other demos would be convienient for players, not to mention the engine update helps with problems. :D