TRACKMANIA UNITED BUY AND DOWNLOAD THE FULL GAME NOW

News about what's going on in the community...

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Parsen
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Parsen » 09 Nov 2006 20:31

Hey all,

1. there was a question earlies in this thread about the game being in german. When you want to install it you can only choose between french and english, not that it bothers me but is there going to be a language update also?

2. The mail said that my serial number would be in it, but there is for sure no serial in it^^ (maybe a translation fault?)

Greetings
Parsen

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 09 Nov 2006 20:32

Parsen wrote:Hey all,

1. there was a question earlies in this thread about the game being in german. When you want to install it you can only choose between french and english, not that it bothers me but is there going to be a language update also?

2. The mail said that my serial number would be in it, but there is for sure no serial in it^^ (maybe a translation fault?)

Greetings
Parsen
You get the serial number mail on the 17th, it said... TMU isnt out yet ^^

robert1
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO TMS TMN TMU

Re: TRACKMANIA UNITED BUY AND DOWNLOAD THE FULL GAME NOW

Post by robert1 » 09 Nov 2006 20:34

Cedric from focus wrote:Hi all,

As you know, TrackMania United is to be released in France, Canada, Belgium and Switzerland (French parts) this year.
For all other territories, it will be released in February/March 2007.
so when is it in the UK shops?
CPU: Intel i7 3.40 GHz
Memory: 6GB DDR3
HDD: 500GB
Optical: Super Multi Double Layer DVD+RW drive
Grapichs: Asus GeForce GTX 580 1536MB GDDR5
Over Clockers UK: "Titan Goliath" Intel Core i7 920

[ATP] !n5aN3
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by [ATP] !n5aN3 » 09 Nov 2006 20:35

robert1 wrote:
Cedric from focus wrote: For all other territories, it will be released in February/March 2007.
i suppose that applies to the UK as well :P

Drake1009
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Drake1009 » 09 Nov 2006 20:37

I'm guessing with the player key it's "If at first you don't succeed, try again" and in case you run out of re-downloads, it seems you just need to mail the help (think I read that somewhere).

It said the link is different for each person who bought the game, so don't give it away, wonder if that's only for re-download purposes, or if it's also got something to do with your license to the game.

The Sam&Max purchase I got gave me a link to a file in which my order number was incorporated into. If I had the demo, I should just enter my order number to activate, but the download I got had that entered already, so even if I lost the e-mail I could still play without having to find a key for it. And it'd also make people more cautious of spreading around the installer if your own key is incorporated into your download. That's what I've seen anyway, people might not have a problem giving a person a copy of the game, but they won't part with their key, for good reason. What if they couldn't give away a copy without giving away their key? That'd solve a lot of trouble with copying I'd think.

robert1
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO TMS TMN TMU

Post by robert1 » 09 Nov 2006 20:42

[ATP] !n5aN3 wrote:
robert1 wrote:
Cedric from focus wrote: For all other territories, it will be released in February/March 2007.
i suppose that applies to the UK as well :P
for **** sake i can download it but my parents wont let me and coz i live 45 mins away from fance i have to w8 till 2007 sorry for swaring but this really pissed me off now
CPU: Intel i7 3.40 GHz
Memory: 6GB DDR3
HDD: 500GB
Optical: Super Multi Double Layer DVD+RW drive
Grapichs: Asus GeForce GTX 580 1536MB GDDR5
Over Clockers UK: "Titan Goliath" Intel Core i7 920

QuikSilver
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMS, TMO

Post by QuikSilver » 09 Nov 2006 20:45

Markus wrote:cant wait to play on our TMU [Fok!]servers :D
TX, 2F4UClanserver and ILS demostyle ftw :p at least, i hope they will exist ^^

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 09 Nov 2006 20:45

Drake1009 wrote:What if they couldn't give away a copy without giving away their key? That'd solve a lot of trouble with copying I'd think.
Like in TM any player key can probably be activated only once, so the game will be useless to anyone else who downloads it I think.

mk
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by mk » 09 Nov 2006 21:02

Ordered mine, couldn't wait until February. :)
PC1: Abit AW9D Max, Intel Core 2 DUO E6600, HIS X1950XTX Graphics, G.Skill 2GB DDR2
PC2: AMD 64 Processor 3700+, 1024MB RAM, 160GB SATA HDD, Gigabyte ATI X800 XTPE.

Parsen
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Parsen » 09 Nov 2006 21:05

hey quicksilver, of course ILS will still exists. We also testet tmu beta and the servers are ready^^

Markus
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMU
Manialink(s): XTZone (not finished)

Post by Markus » 09 Nov 2006 21:07

Parsen wrote:hey quicksilver, of course ILS will still exists. We also testet tmu beta and the servers are ready^^
so i`ll visit your servers after getting the key :wink:

Drake1009
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Drake1009 » 09 Nov 2006 21:11

Oh I hope I can install it more than once. Mainly because I really don't feel like buying the game all over again if I upgrade my computer (which I am considering doing in the not too distant future).

Including your own key as part of the installer would, especially in a game as online oriented as TMU, mean that if you gave away your .exe installer, you also gave away your internet key, meaning whoever you gave it to could pose online as you. I don't know how the starforce online scheme works, never used it before, but if it checks against a server occationally it could note down how many were playing with the same key.

The whole "how many installs to limit to" question is one reason I prefer disc based protection, even if it's hard to get nocd for like starforce. Because if I move computer, I don't have to re-purchase the game. I decided to buy the download this time because I really could use to free up a CD drive again since TM is still stuck in there and has been for almost 2 years now.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 09 Nov 2006 21:17

Drake1009 wrote: The whole "how many installs to limit to" question is one reason I prefer disc based protection, even if it's hard to get nocd for like starforce. Because if I move computer, I don't have to re-purchase the game. I decided to buy the download this time because I really could use to free up a CD drive again since TM is still stuck in there and has been for almost 2 years now.
I'd think you would just enter your key and log in with the login and password you used before...
Just keep the setup somewhere and you won't have to redownload either.

Oldbie
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Oldbie » 09 Nov 2006 21:36

Cedric from focus wrote:Hi all,
As you know, TrackMania United is to be released in France, Canada, Belgium and Switzerland (French parts) this year.
Ok, I ordered, paid and downloaded it but what I don't understand is why French speaking countries get to play now and the rest of the world has to wait untill next year. What a great gesture: 10000 copies for the rest of the world!!!
Whats the problem with these french people?
Rugby World Cup Champions 1995, 2007: DIE SPRINGBOKKE

[ATP] !n5aN3
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by [ATP] !n5aN3 » 09 Nov 2006 21:38

Florent wrote:
[ATP] !n5aN3 wrote:hey cedric, why cant you release it in the german parts of switzerland as well... im not really willing to pay over the net... :(
Germany has a longer process for release. Our publisher told us that the gold was too late for this year, which we both regret. We have found this distribution solution for the worldwide community. I am also sorry of this and wish some german players will grab the online version so they can prepare the arriving of all the wide audience german speaking players that will have ranking, manialink and maniazones already filled by the most expert players of TM.
i suppose this means every non french publisher cant get it published that soon...