TMNF online servers closed between May 24th-28th

News about what's going on in the community...

Moderator: TM-Patrol

orangina
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Re: TMNF online servers closed between May 24th-28th

Post by orangina » 24 May 2018 07:54

they have already massacred the TM2 community with the update of Mananiaplanet 4 and now they are trying to destroy that of TMNF, very nice work Nadéo ! you are the best Nadéo !!!... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
and what about Hylis when he definitely wanted to shut down TMNF so that players only go on the TM2 ... ?

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Post by Alinoa » 24 May 2018 08:28

Hi,

First of all only TMNF servers are closed and it will only last until May, 28th. TMUF servers are not impacted.
After 28th of May, you will recover your TMNF servers and your game.
On maniaplanet, you will be able to discover many programs created by players (from title games that they created) for free and you can see the agenda here: https://www.maniaplanet.com/channels/trackmania/grid.
MrPeazE, we are sorry for your event that must be reported but we can't take into account all events happening for doing this operation.

And you are welcome to post messages here but please do it in a respectful and constructive way.

Cheers :)
To add a server in your favorit list, copy this link in your game’s browser address bar
tmtp://#addfavourite=serverlogin

For direct hosting open to all, write <hide_server>1</hide_server> in the command line and use
tmtp://#join=serverlogin

deus
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: tmu, tm2, canyon

Post by deus » 24 May 2018 08:46

You could have easily avoided this whole situation by announcing this earlier than just one day prior and by being transparent about your reasons.

That you still don't give any reason and continue to promote maniaplanet here in this thread is just a slap in the face towards your most loyal player base.

I am disappointed.

xeq
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TM2

Post by xeq » 24 May 2018 09:13

Why don't you (Nadeo) just do like a normal company/developer and sponsor some youtube videos with your product (TM2) being featured or do some TV Ads? Get new players instead of trying to have your oldest and most loyal player base being force fed something that they do not want. I'm sure there's not even one person playing TMNF/TMUF that does not know about TM2's exsistence. The only thing is that this is a better game so said players choose to stay here.

While at it, lower the price of TMUF permanently by atleast 50%, that way it'll be more reasonable for people to upgrade. After all, this game is 10+ years and has had 0 maintenance to it besides keeping the servers up the last 8 years, yet it's still at it's release price of 30€. It makes no sense, it's just seems greedy and ridiculous.

Cerovan
Developer
Developer
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF

Post by Cerovan » 24 May 2018 09:20

Hello everyone,

First we want to say that United Forever remains fully available this weekend and that we have no intention to permanently close Nations Forever (would be online servers or even its access). As a kind reminder, Trackmania Original masterserver (and online access) is still available while the game was released 15 years ago.

That said, while we’ve been keeping Trackmania games live for many years, we also need to test and learn things to improve the maniaplanet platform with many players from different communities (Forever + TM2). That’s why we’ll be closing the TMNF online servers only for 4 days.

In the meantime, we really hope you’ll be able to try Trackmania² channel where players have created great content. Some of you may even want to create a special program with TM Nations tracks...

Be reassured that Trackmania Nations Forever online servers access will be back on Monday evening.

Hardarm
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMN

Post by Hardarm » 24 May 2018 09:52

i'm just disappointed because I read there was a contest of some kind, and the hoster of the cup could've easily reorganized everything if he had more time to set up another date

I mean, announcing this 1 day prior the shutdown? wtf?

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Post by Alinoa » 24 May 2018 10:07

We totally agree that we should have anticipated earlier and communicated accordingly, however, the explanation is simple: we intended to make a maniaplanet update that we postponed too much and now the window of making this operation was closing. So, we decided to go now for the better. Even internally, this event has been decided this week. We need it to help us understand better what to do next and it is the right moment to do it for us.
Sorry for the late announcement and thank you for your understanding.
To add a server in your favorit list, copy this link in your game’s browser address bar

For direct hosting open to all, write <hide_server>1</hide_server> in the command line and use

highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2 Stadium

Post by 11111001101 » 24 May 2018 11:54

Cerovan wrote:
23 May 2018 16:53
Of course all titles are accessible from the Channel without any time limit (and no freezone!)
Let's be honest, freezone is 1000 times better than channels. You can choose what you want to play with freezone, you can't with channels.
Alinoa wrote:
24 May 2018 08:28
On maniaplanet, you will be able to discover many programs created by players (from title games that they created) for free and you can see the agenda here: https://www.maniaplanet.com/channels/trackmania/grid.
I'm a fs player, and if i had to discover TM2 i'd like to discover its fs servers, not the pursuit or platform channels, which are the one playing now.
And i got to love how the agenda doesn't show the channels that will be played during TMNF shutdown. :thumbsup:

alainlyz
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by alainlyz » 24 May 2018 12:40

Cerovan wrote:
24 May 2018 09:20
Hello everyone,

First we want to say that United Forever remains fully available this weekend and that we have no intention to permanently close Nations Forever (would be online servers or even its access). As a kind reminder, Trackmania Original masterserver (and online access) is still available while the game was released 15 years ago.

That said, while we’ve been keeping Trackmania games live for many years, we also need to test and learn things to improve the maniaplanet platform with many players from different communities (Forever + TM2). That’s why we’ll be closing the TMNF online servers only for 4 days.

In the meantime, we really hope you’ll be able to try Trackmania² channel where players have created great content. Some of you may even want to create a special program with TM Nations tracks...

Be reassured that Trackmania Nations Forever online servers access will be back on Monday evening.
Hope Stadium will available for others to try! I have it and it's not bad at all!

l'ancien
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by l'ancien » 24 May 2018 13:14

Why ? It would be sacrilege to closed TMNF !!!!

alainlyz
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by alainlyz » 24 May 2018 13:28

l'ancien wrote:
24 May 2018 13:14
Why ? It would be sacrilege to closed TMNF !!!!
The 4 days will pass better in the meantime! That's why

cuuo
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: Stadium

Post by cuuo » 24 May 2018 16:30

Hey, For me its fine that you let people test TM² Games that way, but for my part, I would allow them to discover the full game, not only the Channels. Some Channel mods just getting boring by time, and you cant really decide what game you actually want to play. You should switch this around, that they can discover the full Games for TM Stadium/Canyon/Lagoon etc.

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Post by Alinoa » 24 May 2018 16:37

Hi Cuuo,

Thank you for your understanding and your feedback ^_^

alcyon.xoro
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF, TM2

Post by alcyon.xoro » 24 May 2018 18:13

cuuo wrote:
24 May 2018 16:30
Hey, For me its fine that you let people test TM² Games that way, but for my part, I would allow them to discover the full game, not only the Channels. Some Channel mods just getting boring by time, and you cant really decide what game you actually want to play. You should switch this around, that they can discover the full Games for TM Stadium/Canyon/Lagoon etc.
I have to agree. Channels don't represent the online-play experience at all imho. Some essential parts are missing, no servercontroller with record-system for example.
Why don't you let people play the full game for free for 4 days, and offer a 50% discount the following week?
And, as mentioned before, the timing & communication was pretty bad. :(
But, said all of this, i can understand your decision to do it. Seems just a "little" late. xD

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Post by Alinoa » 25 May 2018 07:57

Hi,

Yes it would be cool to give access to the whole game but we missed time to do it.

And I would like to specify it's only the access to online servers for Nations accounts which is not available until May, 28th.
Nations accounts have access to the rest of the game and this operation doesn't impact United players at all.