ESWC Grand Final 2008 official pack released

Category dedicated to the ESWC: news, tracks selection...

Moderators: ESWC-Sylvain, TM-Patrol

ESWC-Sylvain
ESWC Staff
ESWC Staff
Owned TM-games: TMN

ESWC Grand Final 2008 official pack released

Post by ESWC-Sylvain » 06 Jun 2008 12:34

You can download the official pack of tracks which will be used at ESWC Grand Final 2008 in San Jose here: ftp://ftp.eswc.com/regulations/2008/gra ... F_pack.rar

Korre_elmuro
sunday driver
sunday driver

Re: Send your tracks to be selected for ESWC Grand Final 2008

Post by Korre_elmuro » 06 Jun 2008 13:19

krYw ftw!
Last edited by Korre_elmuro on 17 Jul 2008 07:29, edited 1 time in total.
Don't hate the l33t!
Team YoYoTech

ESWC-Sylvain
ESWC Staff
ESWC Staff

Re: Send your tracks to be selected for ESWC Grand Final 2008

Post by ESWC-Sylvain » 15 Jul 2008 16:08

Hello everybody,

The official pack of tracks for the ESWC Grand Final will come in a maximum of one or two days. With the end of the ESWC Masters of Paris we had all a lot of work even after which delayed a bit my time to test all tracks received. I am on it since this morning and it will be up I think tomorrow at least.

Thank you all for your patience.

JWH
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Re: ESWC Grand Final 2008 official pack released

Post by JWH » 17 Jul 2008 14:54

I originally wrote this on esportsfrance.com as i didn't see this topic first. But i'll paste it here too.

Wow, this map pack is quite notable.

01: Quite a straight forward track, speedy tech. Just a random dirt part and horrible end. All in all a decent map.

02: Come on Kryw, and eswc admins. HOW can you make / pick this. I got problems taking this map serious. There are quite a few things that make me question Kryw as a mapper. I know his previous maps and they were all great and i know he's an experienced mapper. But this map lacks on all sides. It's got 2 major cuts, and a near impossible to reach finish. GG. I hope this map gets discarded.

03: Who's kyo? Why aren't there respectable mappers in the packs? This map is more old school than "nu school". Where drifting wasn't as commonly used as now.

04: Pretty much the best map in the pack, however the thought that's among it makes it lame. Sis stole it from Haze his XLParty map and just editted the ending. Lame?

05: Only map I got nothing to whine about, it's speedy, tricky and just fine.

I don't get why ESWC did this, or who ever is reponsible for the maps. They must be on some serious drugs adding 02 to the pack.

I'd much rather have it like past 2 editions, just a pack with the best 8 maps from previous packs. Or perhaps 6 from previous packs and 2 brand new, containing forever parts, tracks.

Frostbeule
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMUF, TMNF

Post by Frostbeule » 17 Jul 2008 14:57

Yeah definitely not a map pack to be proud of. Especially the 2nd map which is more like endurance than actual racing. We will definitely see alot more crashes this time compared to the Masters.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 17 Jul 2008 16:02

Kyo is one of the best TMU mappers. He also made maps for TMN GC5. Also, why do all maps have to be this boring slidey speedtech style? It annoys me so much, some diversity would be nice. I might actually give eswc a try then. If you can't slide a turn, too bad for you, think of another way to drive it instead of whining about the track. That used to be the Trackmania spirit, anyway. You should determine how you drive the track, not the track author.

n!sliVer
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by n!sliVer » 17 Jul 2008 18:17

Zooz wrote:Kyo is one of the best TMU mappers. He also made maps for TMN GC5.
True, so in fact it is okay, that one of his maps is choosen. The maps in this mappack needn't be mapped by wellknown drivers.
Zooz wrote:Also, why do all maps have to be this boring slidey speedtech style? It annoys me so much, some diversity would be nice.
Well Zooz, it doesn't matter what you are annoyed of. You are NOT a player of the ESWC Grand Final, and you are not going to nolife that tracks 150hours. Furthermore the ESWC is a skill based tournament which probably means it should make use of slow/speed/whatever tech-tracks and not of "tricky/bumpy" tech. Cause skill should decide, not luck! By the Way, Zooz, I would like to see close and nice races with the same "boring" slides like always, and not tricky hard/buggy corners which decide a whole race.
Zooz wrote:I might actually give eswc a try then. If you can't slide a turn, too bad for you, think of another way to drive it instead of whining about the track. That used to be the Trackmania spirit, anyway. You should determine how you drive the track, not the track author.
As I already said. You are not a racer of the ESWC Grand Final. When I tested this mappack, and especially track 2 I directly knew that this is going to be a horrible war for the participants, cause racing this tracks 5 hours a day will make you crazy for sure. I think racing this tracks is actually not bearable, and if you think it is Zooz, do it yourself ;-)

Well, the Masters maps were "okay". A bit buggy, but okay. This mappack is except of 04/05 superbuggy and the two krYw maps (I rly don't know why he is always picked!) are from my view not raceable. I guess the ESWC Referees are not going to change it, cause they don't have to race it. Ay, and they way of creating 04 by SiS, stoling a wellknown track and editing it, is not going to be commented by me :P Cause I don't like flaming in boards.

Best Regards,
n!faculty|sliVer

Frostbeule
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by Frostbeule » 18 Jul 2008 11:54

Another thing that I don't like and that we also saw in the Masters pack, are the so called "lag-walls".

Why not remove them? they are totally unnecessary and as the name implies, it makes it lag.

End of whining.

enf
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMN, TMU

Post by enf » 19 Jul 2008 05:30

Its a shame that such maps are being used for the most important TM event of the year. Mayb you should think about a better way for choosing the maps...

what work for masters? there wasnt even a relay server - just shame on you

shadowkiller117
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by shadowkiller117 » 24 Jul 2008 06:40

i just looked at the map pack and its not that bad i mean im not pro and i can get gold or silver on almost all of then stop the complaining like the dude said you dont have to play them 5 hours a day

Daddy_mfX
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMn, TMuf

Post by Daddy_mfX » 24 Jul 2008 12:13

shadowkiller117 wrote:i just looked at the map pack and its not that bad i mean im not pro and i can get gold or silver on almost all of then stop the complaining like the dude said you dont have to play them 5 hours a day
w00t?! :shock:
maybe not 5hours, but most of the participants train 2-3hours per day at ĺeast
tbh if you got only gold/silver medal and no-experience with such a competition, i dont think you know, how annoying could be a map like 02 :|

cdt127
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by cdt127 » 24 Jul 2008 21:01

wtf is so bad about 02? Bugs? I didn't find any bug problems so lol@ that. Too hard? If so, give me a break. This isn't some pussy competition, the best players in the world are playing and shouldn't expect cookie-cutter tracks. It's by far my favorite track in the pack and with training I'm sure I could do it fairly consistently. Not WR consistency which would be almost impossible, but good enough and I'm by no means an ESWC winning caliber player. I find the opinions of the updated version to be funny though. Some people think it's better, yet to me other than the cut fix, the small updates don't have any affect on how the track was played before the changes.

- Corey
Last edited by cdt127 on 25 Jul 2008 02:33, edited 2 times in total.
The one and only Corey

Frostbeule
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by Frostbeule » 24 Jul 2008 22:29

hello ESWC!

i was just wondering if the cut on 03 will be allowed or not?

thanks in advance

shadowkiller117
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by shadowkiller117 » 25 Jul 2008 01:19

i agree with cdt127 this is not a competition for average players the best from the world are playing and if i can do it well then they can do it no prob

enf
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMN, TMU

Post by enf » 26 Jul 2008 05:19

shadowkiller117 wrote:im not pro and i can get gold or silver
gold/silver omg, have I missed sth?
cdt127 wrote:wtf is so bad about 02? Bugs? I didn't find any bug problems so lol@ that. Too hard? If so, give me a break. This isn't some pussy competition, the best players in the world are playing and shouldn't expect cookie-cutter tracks.
Ok,.. nothing about "bugs", but if you go full risk, then the chance you do a mistake is MORE likely than on other maps, in this compo you need to do that,...
shadowkiller117 wrote:i agree with cdt127 this is not a competition for average players the best from the world are playing and if i can do it well then they can do it no prob
you say sth about gold/silver which ofc ISNT good, you will be like more than 5secs behind (if you reach the finish...)

but in conclusion,... changing maps is too late now, we will see how they do next month, and
@ frost: I guess the admins will try to fix this cut-prob (so cuts won't be allowed)