you guys like cup-mode?

Category dedicated to the ESWC: news, tracks selection...

Moderators: ESWC-Sylvain, TM-Patrol

rapt
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMN

Re: you guys like cup-mode?

Post by rapt » 27 Jan 2009 11:30

Yes i agree , played all 5 maps with 5 ( or maybe 6 :p ) rounds per maps it's very good. And the winner is the player who get the most points at the end of the mapcycle , and no wait for the winner :). Nice idea.
After change points in round like 10 7 5 4 , I don't know if it's better than 10 6 4 3 maybe not maybe yes.

Korre_elmuro
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Korre_elmuro » 27 Jan 2009 14:07

Tnx for agreeing with me :) I think it's the best solution for everyone and I think it'll show who the best players are :thumbsup:
You guys discuss about the points... :P
Don't hate the l33t!
Team YoYoTech

TaoK
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMUF

Post by TaoK » 28 Jan 2009 17:20

I like the cup mode, the thing is that the second or the third can reach to the limit point doing **** times but finishing all the rounds and with this mode to win you really need to show a very good skill (this depends of your rivals) and win a round, i thinks thats the good thing on here...

This mode is not so bad...
ImageImageImage
Join tsu ƒυηηу мιηι тяα¢кѕ!!!
Join tsu.free!!!

JumperJack
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF

Post by JumperJack » 28 Jan 2009 17:47

TaoK wrote:I like the cup mode, the thing is that the second or the third can reach to the limit point doing **** times but finishing all the rounds and with this mode to win you really need to show a very good skill (this depends of your rivals) and win a round, i thinks thats the good thing on here...

but... with normal rounds, you'd need to have good skills to win as well, right?! and then not the weird finalist thing?! ^^

not that i drive in the eswc, or anything like it, but i always wondered why you guys didn't use the kind of system korre just oppered. it's just the best, i guess. and otherwise normal rounds seem like a good second and honest idea.

rapt
cyclist
cyclist

Post by rapt » 28 Jan 2009 18:51

I like the cup mode, the thing is that the second or the third can reach to the limit point doing **** times but finishing all the rounds and with this mode to win you really need to show a very good skill (this depends of your rivals) and win a round, i thinks thats the good thing on here...

You understand nothing guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I explain you the biggest problem which settles for me! When you are finalist you must finish once again first front 3 other opponents what is not so easy when the levels of the players is gripped.After if you finished 2nd even in 0.01 of the first you must re-try it !. But by finishing 2nd you put any hushed up point rest blocked in 100 (while in truth you should have 106) what has the effect that one of opponent having 90 points crosses finalist direct, hushed up loses 10 points on him instead of 4 normally! and those who make 3rd and 4 ème also earn 4 and 3 on you! this IS SO BAD!!!!!!! to have an advance of 10 points it is necessary to finish at least 2,3 times in first!!! now reflected!!!

SO stop this random mode !!!!!!!!!!

Korre_elmuro
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Korre_elmuro » 28 Jan 2009 19:08

+1 rapt! :) And rapt & Frost know what we're talking about :P
Don't hate the l33t!
Team YoYoTech

JumperJack
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF

Post by JumperJack » 28 Jan 2009 19:58

+1 rapt and frost, for if i haven't made myself clear yet. :1

Gekko
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Gekko » 29 Jan 2009 05:55

You can try the new MEAT plugin developed for Mmospg, is a Tree Cup very competitive and funny.
Is just another way to play a cup in Time Attack, whenever you want, with all respawn restart you want. :lovetm

Thana
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Manialink(s): TOX

Post by Thana » 29 Jan 2009 10:53

lol gekko, it's the world cup, not a fun cup, we must play in rounds.

Gekko
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Gekko » 29 Jan 2009 12:20

What fun?? Serious, but better Time Attack.

I hate round because if a players have to leave the chair for a moment, he loose all.

No more manual writing of the score...
This is the sense. No more admin or moderators that help players^^

No faking, no cheating^^

TaoK
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by TaoK » 29 Jan 2009 12:53

rapt wrote:

You understand nothing guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I explain you the biggest problem which settles for me! When you are finalist you must finish once again first front 3 other opponents what is not so easy when the levels of the players is gripped.After if you finished 2nd even in 0.01 of the first you must re-try it !. But by finishing 2nd you put any hushed up point rest blocked in 100 (while in truth you should have 106) what has the effect that one of opponent having 90 points crosses finalist direct, hushed up loses 10 points on him instead of 4 normally! and those who make 3rd and 4 ème also earn 4 and 3 on you! this IS SO BAD!!!!!!! to have an advance of 10 points it is necessary to finish at least 2,3 times in first!!! now reflected!!!

SO stop this random mode !!!!!!!!!!

I understand you very well rapt, i am just saying that this mode is not so bad for me, when i played it i have lots of fun, you have to think that you have the same lukky as the others, is random for everyone, because if you can't win the last round that means that they are better than you, just that, i understand that you don't agree with it, (you have your reasons), but this mode is funny sometimes...

maybe for REALLY big competitions is not so good because its really random but you can ask the organizers to change the mode to rounds instead of CUP, they are not going to erase it from the game, i mean you are not going to change anything maybe just the organizers mind of the big tournaments to change the structure from cup to rounds mode...
ImageImageImage
Join tsu.free!!!

Daddy_mfX
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMn, TMuf

Post by Daddy_mfX » 29 Jan 2009 13:45

TaoK wrote:maybe for REALLY big competitions is not so good because its really random but you can ask the organizers to change the mode to rounds instead of CUP
what you think, why was this thread opened in this section? :?

TaoK
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by TaoK » 29 Jan 2009 14:52

Daddy_mfX wrote:
TaoK wrote:maybe for REALLY big competitions is not so good because its really random but you can ask the organizers to change the mode to rounds instead of CUP
what you think, why was this thread opened in this section? :?
I'm speaking in general not only for the ESWC, we were talking about competitions in general...
ImageImageImage
Join tsu.free!!!

rapt
cyclist
cyclist

Post by rapt » 29 Jan 2009 15:02

I'm speaking in general not only for the ESWC, we were talking about competitions in general...
No man !!!! this topic is for eswc section !!!!!!!! We are on the Electronic Sports World Cup ( eswc ) forum so ....

We were talking about competition in eswc not in general guys , so i say again you understand nothing !

TaoK
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by TaoK » 30 Jan 2009 09:10

rapt wrote: :O it's my final at the spirit lan !!!! I become finalist at the end of a track and the next track was my worst track ( because a bad wh ! ) and i didn't finish in first place on any races during this map ( if finish second twice :s) and finnally I loose totally because we were four to become finalist and only the chance make all !

so please change this mod cup !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The changemap after 5 rounds after (or after 6 rounds ??) it's good thing i think , but this finalist its so bad !
So we can do a limitpoint to reach , like 130 or 140 points ?? and when you have 130 points you win ! but the others opponents continue to play and when a second have 130 point he is second.

( sry for my english)
I know you are focusing your opinion to the ESWC but i was giving my opinion when i read about the "Spirit Lan", don't you talk about it? I think so...

Don't get mad with me, just for exposing my opinion here in which i agree (sometimes) with the cup mode, maybe not for the eswc but yes in another competitions...
ImageImageImage
Join tsu.free!!!