you guys like cup-mode?

Category dedicated to the ESWC: news, tracks selection...

Moderators: ESWC-Sylvain, TM-Patrol

Korre_elmuro
sunday driver
sunday driver
Posts: 50
Joined: 29 Dec 2007 14:16
Owned TM-games: TMN

Re: you guys like cup-mode?

Post by Korre_elmuro » 30 Jan 2009 09:54

TaoK wrote:
rapt wrote:
I like the cup mode, the thing is that the second or the third can reach to the limit point doing **** times but finishing all the rounds and with this mode to win you really need to show a very good skill (this depends of your rivals) and win a round, i thinks thats the good thing on here...

This mode is not so bad...
You understand nothing guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I explain you the biggest problem which settles for me! When you are finalist you must finish once again first front 3 other opponents what is not so easy when the levels of the players is gripped.After if you finished 2nd even in 0.01 of the first you must re-try it !. But by finishing 2nd you put any hushed up point rest blocked in 100 (while in truth you should have 106) what has the effect that one of opponent having 90 points crosses finalist direct, hushed up loses 10 points on him instead of 4 normally! and those who make 3rd and 4 ème also earn 4 and 3 on you! this IS SO BAD!!!!!!! to have an advance of 10 points it is necessary to finish at least 2,3 times in first!!! now reflected!!!

SO stop this random mode !!!!!!!!!!

I understand you very well rapt, i am just saying that this mode is not so bad for me, when i played it i have lots of fun, you have to think that you have the same lukky as the others, is random for everyone, because if you can't win the last round that means that they are better than you, just that, i understand that you don't agree with it, (you have your reasons), but this mode is funny sometimes...

maybe for REALLY big competitions is not so good because its really random but you can ask the organizers to change the mode to rounds instead of CUP, they are not going to erase it from the game, i mean you are not going to change anything maybe just the organizers mind of the big tournaments to change the structure from cup to rounds mode...
That's so NOT true TaoK :) Nice to see some guys giving their opinion and I respect everyone's opinion, but I gotta correct you here. :P Lemme explain:

It's all about rounds, rounds, rounds, consistency, consistency, consistency, ... :) That's the whole point of ESWC. That's the whole point of training for ESWC ;) Everyone can drive a good TA time without any training, but you can't be good in rounds without training. Therefore, the guy that drives the most consistent should be rewarded. Someone who finishes 10x 2nd on all maps should win instead of someone that finishes 2x 1st and crashes the rest of the laps... That's why ESWC is so nice. Your training gets rewarded. Well, GOT rewarded ;/

Cup mode **** it all up. Cuz in cup mode, TA-players have benefits. And that sux ;)
Don't hate the l33t!
Team YoYoTech

rapt
cyclist
cyclist
Posts: 32
Joined: 02 Nov 2007 18:51
Owned TM-games: TMN

Re: you guys like cup-mode?

Post by rapt » 30 Jan 2009 10:54

I know you are focusing your opinion to the ESWC but i was giving my opinion when i read about the "Spirit Lan", don't you talk about it? I think so...
Lolilolililolol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the "Spirit Lan" is a lan whose take place in the eswc.fr selection , so think a little plz !!!!!!
the "Spirit Lan" have the same reglement of eswc because it's a part of eswc.fr qualification !!!!
plz get information before talking !

Korre_elmuro
sunday driver
sunday driver
Posts: 50
Joined: 29 Dec 2007 14:16
Owned TM-games: TMN

Re: you guys like cup-mode?

Post by Korre_elmuro » 30 Jan 2009 11:19

Calm down rapT :P
You obviously lost @ Spirit-LAN cuz of Cups mode :roflol:

ESWC: go rounds ;) 5 maps, 5/6 rounds per map! no points limit...

Player with most points after the 5 maps wins... Easy as **** :)
Don't hate the l33t!
Team YoYoTech

rapt
cyclist
cyclist
Posts: 32
Joined: 02 Nov 2007 18:51
Owned TM-games: TMN

Re: you guys like cup-mode?

Post by rapt » 30 Jan 2009 12:10

+9999999999999 korre :p

and it's off for me , admin plzz read this :)

User avatar
TaoK
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Posts: 27
Joined: 13 Jan 2009 09:24
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMUF

Re: you guys like cup-mode?

Post by TaoK » 30 Jan 2009 12:35

rapt wrote:
I know you are focusing your opinion to the ESWC but i was giving my opinion when i read about the "Spirit Lan", don't you talk about it? I think so...
Lolilolililolol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the "Spirit Lan" is a lan whose take place in the eswc.fr selection , so think a little plz !!!!!!
the "Spirit Lan" have the same reglement of eswc because it's a part of eswc.fr qualification !!!!
plz get information before talking !
Relax man, take it easy...


I didn't know that Lan party was part of the selection for the ESWC, i'm not french and i think you were talking about a casual lan party...

Korre_elmuro wrote: That's so NOT true TaoK :) Nice to see some guys giving their opinion and I respect everyone's opinion, but I gotta correct you here. :P Lemme explain:

It's all about rounds, rounds, rounds, consistency, consistency, consistency, ... :) That's the whole point of ESWC. That's the whole point of training for ESWC ;) Everyone can drive a good TA time without any training, but you can't be good in rounds without training. Therefore, the guy that drives the most consistent should be rewarded. Someone who finishes 10x 2nd on all maps should win instead of someone that finishes 2x 1st and crashes the rest of the laps... That's why ESWC is so nice. Your training gets rewarded. Well, GOT rewarded ;/

Cup mode **** it all up. Cuz in cup mode, TA-players have benefits. And that sux ;)
Yes, thats a nice point as well but being regular is not the same as being the best, you can train a track hundreds but the one who train it and is able to win the rounds is the best, and this competition is for the best, not only for training a track so much and being regular...

Because to reach a finalist you must have how much, 60, 80 points? obviously someone who finishes 2nd 10 times should win but in this mode being regular is not all... you have to demostrate that you are the best and that means that appart of reaching the finalist points you have the skills to win your opponents, to make a better time than then... a TA player don't specially have benefits, maybe he have it when he becomes a finallist but he is going to reach harder there...

I wish i had explained right my possition...
ImageImageImage
Join tsu ƒυηηу мιηι тяα¢кѕ!!!
Join tsu.free!!!

Korre_elmuro
sunday driver
sunday driver
Posts: 50
Joined: 29 Dec 2007 14:16
Owned TM-games: TMN

Re: you guys like cup-mode?

Post by Korre_elmuro » 30 Jan 2009 13:38

I get what you mean TaoK, but still I think consistency should be rewarded move than speed ;)

And tbh, I don't think you can win in rounds if you're not fast enough, so you gotta be fast + consistent. And that's what makes rounds the best mode imho... :)
Don't hate the l33t!
Team YoYoTech

tma
road tourist
road tourist
Posts: 83
Joined: 24 Jul 2006 23:36
Contact:

Re: you guys like cup-mode?

Post by tma » 30 Jan 2009 13:40

TaoK wrote:Because to reach a finalist you must have how much, 60, 80 points? obviously someone who finishes 2nd 10 times should win but in this mode being regular is not all... you have to demostrate that you are the best and that means that appart of reaching the finalist points you have the skills to win your opponents, to make a better time than then... a TA player don't specially have benefits, maybe he have it when he becomes a finallist but he is going to reach harder there...
What you're forgetting is that at this level, especially in the finals, either player could very well win any given round. Margins will most likely be small. Then there are things like favorite maps and bugs as mentioned previously in the thread, to mix things up even further.. Through driving multiple rounds, you allow for these things to even out for everyone over time. With the finalist thing you basically toss the previous result out the window and instead flip a coin to declare a winner.

Not only that, but once a player his the limit, everyone else starts to catch up with you at an accelerated rate, and that player now has potentially three players who will do their very best to not let him finish first. That's a 3vs1 game, how's that for poor odds? It's like doing TA-seedings but only allowing one reset per player..

Anyway, has there been a tourney yet where the first finalist actually won? I think not. Frost@DH and now rapt@spiritlan both come to mind..

User avatar
TaoK
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Posts: 27
Joined: 13 Jan 2009 09:24
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMUF

Re: you guys like cup-mode?

Post by TaoK » 30 Jan 2009 14:49

Korre_elmuro wrote:I get what you mean TaoK, but still I think consistency should be rewarded move than speed ;)
Yes. but in this kind of tournaments you need both :)
Korre_elmuro wrote:And tbh, I don't think you can win in rounds if you're not fast enough, so you gotta be fast + consistent. And that's what makes rounds the best mode imho... :)
Totally agree in this case :)
tma wrote: Not only that, but once a player hiTs the limit, everyone else starts to catch up with you at an accelerated rate, and that player now has potentially three players who will do their very best to not let him finish first. That's a 3vs1 game, how's that for poor odds?
I think in all the rounds you have a 3vs1 game because if you reach faster to the limit point you have more options to become 1st...

When i play i try to make my best in all the rounds and i think that the other players are going to do the same, but not only in the last round...

I'm not trying to defend that the ESWC used this mode i'm just saying that this mode is not so bad for me...
ImageImageImage
Join tsu ƒυηηу мιηι тяα¢кѕ!!!
Join tsu.free!!!

Frostbeule
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Posts: 173
Joined: 06 Oct 2007 23:17
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMUF, TMNF

Re: you guys like cup-mode?

Post by Frostbeule » 30 Jan 2009 16:48

tma wrote: Through driving multiple rounds, you allow for these things to even out for everyone over time. With the finalist thing you basically toss the previous result out the window and instead flip a coin to declare a winner.

Not only that, but once a player his the limit, everyone else starts to catch up with you at an accelerated rate, and that player now has potentially three players who will do their very best to not let him finish first. That's a 3vs1 game, how's that for poor odds? It's like doing TA-seedings but only allowing one reset per player..

Anyway, has there been a tourney yet where the first finalist actually won? I think not. Frost@DH and now rapt@spiritlan both come to mind..
Quoted for truth.

Sad to see that ESWC still hasn't made any replies to the critique. The majority of all the top players agree that cup mode/finalist wasn't such a brilliant idea. I wish ESWC sees this and learns from their mistakes. Give us what we want!

rapt
cyclist
cyclist
Posts: 32
Joined: 02 Nov 2007 18:51
Owned TM-games: TMN

Re: you guys like cup-mode?

Post by rapt » 30 Jan 2009 18:40

taok i take an example to explain to you :
In F1, let us imagine that the pilots have to during season to reach 50 points and when a pilot attained these 50 points he must again win a race to be the winner of season. It is very hard to finish first on a race ?or not if is the best? for others pilots it would be possible go back up and reach the 50 pointlimits. even if the pilot (at 50 points) finishes 2nd he would not have point but righteous man right to re-try on another race (a problem machine in F1 will be a bug bordure in tmnf) so is it very fair ?. It is the same thing for us and this finalist's thing, I hope that you will understand.

User avatar
TaoK
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Posts: 27
Joined: 13 Jan 2009 09:24
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMUF

Re: you guys like cup-mode?

Post by TaoK » 31 Jan 2009 00:49

rapt wrote:taok i take an example to explain to you :
In F1, let us imagine that the pilots have to during season to reach 50 points and when a pilot attained these 50 points he must again win a race to be the winner of season. It is very hard to finish first on a race ?or not if is the best? for others pilots it would be possible go back up and reach the 50 pointlimits. even if the pilot (at 50 points) finishes 2nd he would not have point but righteous man right to re-try on another race (a problem machine in F1 will be a bug bordure in tmnf) so is it very fair ?. It is the same thing for us and this finalist's thing, I hope that you will understand.
Yes rapt, i thanks you to stay calm this time, i totally agree with you, i just think that in another competitions, in another lan partys this mode can be very very fun...

;););)
ImageImageImage
Join tsu ƒυηηу мιηι тяα¢кѕ!!!
Join tsu.free!!!

Korre_elmuro
sunday driver
sunday driver
Posts: 50
Joined: 29 Dec 2007 14:16
Owned TM-games: TMN

Re: you guys like cup-mode?

Post by Korre_elmuro » 01 Feb 2009 22:00

http://www.esportsfrance.com/actualites/17056/ wrote:Thana a aussi proposé un système où toutes les maps du pack seraient jouées pendant 5 rounds et au final, compter les points de chacun. Ce serait une bonne méthode pour savoir qui est le meilleur sur l’ensemble du pack.
I knew I should have put a copyright label on my proposal... FU Thana & eSfr!! :gobananas: I hope ESWC spotted my words :P :grmblz:
Don't hate the l33t!
Team YoYoTech

Thana
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Posts: 18
Joined: 21 Feb 2008 20:56
Owned TM-games: ALL
Manialink(s): TOX
Location: Champigny sur Marne
Contact:

Re: you guys like cup-mode?

Post by Thana » 02 Feb 2009 11:02

Lol le gars a du se planter t'excites pas ... y'a de la tension en ce moment c'est ouf...vous avez vos règles ou quoi?
J'en ai reparlé ce week end en lan c'est peut-être pour ça qu'il a mis mon nom, mais est-ce réellement important?...

Korre_elmuro
sunday driver
sunday driver
Posts: 50
Joined: 29 Dec 2007 14:16
Owned TM-games: TMN

Re: you guys like cup-mode?

Post by Korre_elmuro » 02 Feb 2009 11:14

lol Thana, relax mate :) I was just kidding :P All I want is ESWC to change the mode back to rounds ;)
Don't hate the l33t!
Team YoYoTech

MaxouG
highway camper
highway camper
Posts: 2
Joined: 02 Nov 2007 11:10
Owned TM-games: TMN

Re: you guys like cup-mode?

Post by MaxouG » 02 Feb 2009 11:37

tma wrote:
TaoK wrote: Anyway, has there been a tourney yet where the first finalist actually won? I think not. Frost@DH and now rapt@spiritlan both come to mind..
Carl just did it at a French offline event with this epic-mode this week-end.
Btw i heard that Carl was disco during his 1/4 against Selrahc&Thana , and when he rejoined the game, he had 0 pts instead of keep his points. Is that right or Am I wrong ? :P
If it's true, cup-mode sucks more than i thought.

Anyway, gg Carl discoman @ LAN...i'm proud of you :P

All your proposals guys sounds better than using cup-mode. I hope admins will give us an answer before the end of the season... :P

Post Reply