Trackmania Infinity, because Forever wasn't enough

General discussion about all the Trackmania series.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Does this sound like a good idea?

It would be awesome
64%
It would be ok
8%
It's not necessary
28%

Total votes: 39

coolgamer512
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Trackmania Infinity, because Forever wasn't enough

Post by coolgamer512 » 29 Jun 2008 22:00

Trackmania still isn't perfect. Not even close. I mean, it's better than the old trackmania, but it needs some work. I can make a list of what needs to be in the game.

OPTION MENU

* The player should be able to access the entire options menu in the game, instead of just in the game launcher.
* PC4 should show up as a shader model option if the player has Direct3D 10 installed.
* The player should be able to choose between the regular and forever physics engines so they can play older tracks as they were meant to be played.
* The player should be able to configure voice settings as well.
* The player should be allowed to use a form of connection other than P2P in case their evil ISP has disabled it.
* The player should be able to change how much motion blur there is in the game for added effect.

MULTIPLAYER

* The top 3 racers in a round should receive coppers, according to which place they're in.
* Players should be able to do voice chat in both online and LAN play.

MANIALINK

* There should be a in game manialink creator to make manialink creation as simple as drag and drop.
* Nadeo should be able to host manialinks so players don't have to go out and look for a host.

EDITOR

* The player should be able to switch mods without restarting the whole track.
* There should be an option allowing the player to upload the track to the TMX when they are finished with it.
* The player should be able to create ghosts for bronze, silver, and gold medals (similar to how Nadeo tracks have "opponents")

LOGIN

* The player should be prompted for a username as well at login incase a friend wants to login on a different coomputer.

Post your feature requests here!

Heah
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS

Re: Trackmania Infinity, because Forever wasn't enough

Post by Heah » 02 Jul 2008 07:02

You are able to change mod without restarting the whole track. While loading the track hold Ctrl.

orangez
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMNF

Post by orangez » 15 Jul 2008 18:20

What would be really awesome is a custom block editor. So you can create your own pieces of road, paint them and use them in your tracks... Think of the possibilities

Warmedal
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Warmedal » 15 Jul 2008 19:55

* The player should be allowed to use a form of connection other than P2P in case their evil ISP has disabled it.
That whould increase the load on the Nadeo-servers heavily. (Results= Take more time to calculate Rank, Ladder Points, Skill Points and so on).

* Nadeo should be able to host manialinks so players don't have to go out and look for a host.
Same here, Heavy load on Nadeo, BUT(!), should be offered for a small/big(?) amount of coppers.

What would be really awesome is a custom block editor. So you can create your own pieces of road, paint them and use them in your tracks... Think of the possibilities

People with old 56k modems or really slow broadband will not be so happy about this. Tracks is going to be bigger than ever and take a lot of time to download if you are playing Online. (Okay if it is solo.. but still) Almost forgot to mention, heavy load on your server too if there is many custom blocks.
ImageImage

onejive
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): NA

Post by onejive » 16 Jul 2008 10:21

I agree with most of it, specially about the manialinks.

About the pieces of road i agree that there should be more pieces, like curls, tubes, etc, but it should be "default", if the player was able to do it, everytime u go into a track u need to download it... it would be very bad on the conections.
AKA Revnant

orangez
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMNF

Post by orangez » 16 Jul 2008 13:53

For the pieces of road, I suggest it would be possible for players to make packs of them, then release them. So the best packs gets to the top quickly and it kinda becomes the unofficial defaults ones, so everyone will have them.

Kinda like in the game garry's mod... There is almost nothing by default and there are thousands of addons. But by downloading the 10 best addons you are set to play on 90% of servers.

Terron
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: all full+some betas

Post by Terron » 19 Jul 2008 19:45

pls nadeo, make it for us, shader4 and DX10 would be cool

there would be underwater transparent tunels and the water quality should be as in Crysis

pwf
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMN TMU TMO

Post by pwf » 20 Jul 2008 21:19

Lol, all this really looks like a sh*tload of work m8s.
Maybe its a better idea to wait until TMF is completely finished without bugs and then consider making a new game.
As for my consern,
I only can think of 1 improvement.
Having 1 account with multiple sub accounts.
So you create 1 account with your key so others cant use it, and with that account you can make other account.

Example :

Account = somecrazyname
Password = ********
Key = ********

-login-

Account 1
Account 2
Account 3
New Profile

Bcause its kinda strange to only have 1 account if you pay money for the account and a unlimited amount for the free version.
Who am I ? 0,o

Genosis
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Genosis » 20 Jul 2008 23:07

3 accounts? what for?

Terron
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Terron » 21 Jul 2008 05:33

one account should be your primary account (used to online gaming), second and third could be to receive more coppers because you will get coppers on all accounts and you can send them to your primary account

Daddy_mfX
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMn, TMuf

Post by Daddy_mfX » 21 Jul 2008 08:22

Terron wrote:pls nadeo, make it for us, shader4 and DX10 would be cool

there would be underwater transparent tunels and the water quality should be as in Crysis
zomg wtf roflol :roflol:

Genosis
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Genosis » 21 Jul 2008 21:59

Terron wrote:one account should be your primary account (used to online gaming), second and third could be to receive more coppers because you will get coppers on all accounts and you can send them to your primary account
Why just don't ask for 150cps per day ^^

Terron
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Terron » 22 Jul 2008 06:21

I can buy new key and I will have 150 cp per day

Neuromancer
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN

Post by Neuromancer » 22 Jul 2008 16:07

I would welcome a way to switch profiles without having to close the application, like in the original Nations.
Or is this already possible and I'm just too stupid to see ?
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Magic - Arthur C. Clarke

EntropicLqd
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMN, TMU

Post by EntropicLqd » 26 Jul 2008 10:15

pwf wrote:...
I only can think of 1 improvement.
Having 1 account with multiple sub accounts.
So you create 1 account with your key so others cant use it, and with that account you can make other account....
If you mean that you want to create multiple profiles using the same "on-line account" then you can already do that. As long as the on-line account is only being used to play on-line once you'll have no issues.

I have my primary on-line account for TM-U, but I have 2 profiles on my PC that use it. One for me and one for one of my kids. That way my SP track-times and such like are kept separate from hers.

My most recent irritations with the TM-U interface are as follows:
  • Not being able to get back to the "list of profiles" screen without re-starting the game.
  • The lack of a Copy/Paste between tracks.
  • It's never been obvious to me whether I've set an official time on a track or not, and there's no warning that you've just re-set it. Being able to set an author time on a track across multiple sessions would be really nice. If you don't change the track then the author time shouldn't be reset.
  • A nicer interface when selecting tracks for LAN/Listen servers would be nice. A list of all of the tracks selected so far would be really nice. Especially if you had the ability to re-order the tracks once you've selected them.
Hmmm, that was a bit more than I thought there was going to be.