Trackmania Infinity, because Forever wasn't enough

General discussion about all the Trackmania series.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Does this sound like a good idea?

It would be awesome
64%
It would be ok
8%
It's not necessary
28%

Total votes: 39

osaka-san
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: Like, all of them!:D

Re: Trackmania Infinity, because Forever wasn't enough

Post by osaka-san » 25 Aug 2008 21:39

I just think of 2 enhancements:
A map-viewing option would be nice, so you don't need a GPS to do it, and if you wanna make a maze track, just make an MT Block to change the option automatically.
AND, the lack of blocks to create a real GP is killing the stadium. It should be nice an editor where things go smooth and not squared, like no L__l¬, right? It should be nice, and also that the stadium asphalt is so white, it looks more like concrete, that should change w/o using a mod.
2 BEE OR NOT 2 BEE, THAT is the POSTER

»Jongo«
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMO/S/N/U/F

Post by »Jongo« » 26 Aug 2008 18:41

Pretty much all of these gameplay ideas would kill trackmania and break up TM's gaming community. Too much detail with the ideas of custom blocks and abilities to switch between game engines etc.. keep it simple :) Maybe the odd new block or 2,

Only gameplay element I'd change is:
The 3way-gay booster.. remove it from TM! It would render some tracks useless in future versions, but even if they just changed the coding so that this block automatically came up as a default booster. But seriously.. I didn't like the idea of this block when I 1st heard of it and it's even worse than I expected ^^ only any use on lol+stunt maps.. but who likes them anyway!?
UKFC»Jongo~UK

King-Racer
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMU/F

Post by King-Racer » 10 Sep 2008 15:25

Well one important new idea that should be implemented is when someone finishes making their own tracks, they should set their own password so no one else can modify them and upload it as theirs.

I agree with most of the features TC, except the feature to swap the vanilla Nations's Physics with United's stadium Physics. That feature would be very awkward and will prolly pose an unfair advantage to those with different physics. :?