TrackMania for the Wii

General discussion about all the Trackmania series.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Re: TrackMania for the Wii

Post by w1lla » 02 Jul 2009 15:42

Some details popped up on gonintendo:

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=87714

-4 player split-screen
-Every environments from the PC version apart from "Bay"
-All the control scheme from Mario Kart apart from the GameCube's Controller
-Day and Night races
-Level Editor
-Level sharing online
-Early 2010

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

KuroBit
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF(Steam)

Post by KuroBit » 02 Jul 2009 17:30

For some reason, I was bored enough to add audio to the video... (In other words; music, sound effects, environmental sounds, skidding, engine sounds, etc...)

It seems to make the game seem a bit more like it's PC counterpart.

Enjoy! (I hope you do, it took me a while :P):
TrackMania Wii Gameplay (With Audio)

Frostbeule
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMUF, TMNF

Post by Frostbeule » 02 Jul 2009 19:48

Sanderevers wrote:Also I read that it will support any of the MarioKart Control schemes... well.. EXCEPT the GameCube Controller. Which is the best way to control MarioKart.

I really don't see why.. Since if this is infact the case, I will not buy it.
Word.

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: All

Post by Trackmaniack » 02 Jul 2009 19:52

w1lla wrote:Some details popped up on gonintendo:

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=87714

-4 player split-screen
-All the control scheme from Mario Kart apart from the GameCube's Controller
-Day and Night races
-Level Editor
-Level sharing online
-Early 2010
Any ideas why they took out bay, the sunrise/sunset moods, and why they don't have the most basic of control schemes? All that just sounds like they're f-in with the game to see what kind of fan reaction they can get. B/C me, IMO, I love racing in bay. It's like Burnout with balls. (Pardon any fans of burnout, but TM made that game seem like child's play) And as for the moods...well, I just can't fathom that one. And what's with the controls? EVERY console racer save for now, at least the ones that are popular, has the dual-stick method of control, or at least some form of analog stick for control. I don't know about you, but Firebrand's just ruining what is a great franchise on PC, and what could be equally as good on a console. :?
Cruisin' through life, TM-Style!

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 03 Jul 2009 06:48

Nadeo revealed it is working with Firebrand Games to port Trackmania to the Wii
Well it looks as seen on graphics that its just a mock of the ds version. The graphics on ds where not so great as seen on the wii but both look a bit oldskool.

Bay might be hard for the nunchuk?!... It might be cool for rally and island but the nunchuk was made for bay actually.

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 03 Jul 2009 17:39

Maybe because Bay has all the huge buildings? It's the environment where a high copper count is most often an issue in maps. Stadium is laggier but that's because of the extra fancy graphics it has.

XCS Scorpius
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO
Manialink(s): scorpius

Post by XCS Scorpius » 04 Jul 2009 07:52

KuroBit wrote:I wonder why they couldn't port the PC's physics?
LegoChesser wrote::grmblz: :grmblz:
I'm playing TM for a few years, and that release of TMDS was fine, but, didn't Nadeo ever say that they don't want to make an console version of TM?
I'm very dissapointed that TM is coming for the Wii. I don't have a Wii, and I thinks lots of poeple whose are plaing TM for an longer time and play TMUF, don't have a Wii too. The DS version was right, because so everyone can play TM on the go, and who haves no NDS? (Most of you have it only for Brain Training :wink: ) And if you don't have, you can buy one for less than €130,-. A Wii costs €250,-, way too much for the most people who don't have one, or for whose who already have an PS3 or X360.
Why on an console, and why is Nadeo not coming with an new TM for the computer? I think that TMDS shouln't had to be released. Because it was an succes, Focus/Nadeo wants more. They had to let TM be an computer only game, and not an handheld or absolutely not an console game.

I hope you'll understand.

Nadeo, I'm very, very dissapointed. Why had this to be happen?

Gr. legochesser
I'm not agree with you. Don't forget Wii Games and PC games are not the same objective. TM Wii could be very "convivial"... to play with our family, our son or daughter, or friends... so I understand very well that the "PC gameplay" is not fit to the Wii players. Wii players need to play "easier" than the PC players, i think.
I have not a Wii, but I think I will buy it next year, for my daughter and for play with her... better than the great "hotseat" from the PC.

And what about the track editor. I'm used to create track on PC but I don't imagine how it could work with the Wii...
ImageImage
manialink : scorpius

Florent
Developer
Developer

Post by Florent » 04 Jul 2009 12:43

The facts are that Nadeo is not making any console version, another studio is making it. We don't want to "spend" our time on this because of our target of concentrating our efforts on the PC and the community. I had offers to make it on PS3 or X360, that I have declined in the same day. The trouble is that those platform can match a PC in various ways and people would expect to have the same game. In order to have this, it would be to Nadeo to make it. If you take the graphic api that is different on PS3 and the network that is on X360, it gives a lot of work to make both versions, with less features at the end since we are also using the operating system for many things (and community website as well) I doubt that dedicated servers would be as open as now and that user made creations would be as easy to make, integrate and share as on PC.

I also understand that people would like to have one console version of TM and may have another console. This is why I don't want to make a X360 alone or PS3. The Wii version is borderline in that way, but if you look at the best seller of all platform, you can clearly see that's a different world. Also, people who buy PC like X360 or costly PS3 with games at 70€, when we give a free one on PC and sold United at 45€ max, may accept in a way or another that the console market is an over consumption environment. It is difficult to blame so much Nadeo for it. Stick to PC if you want to all have one unique platform. For network gaming, anyway, it is just more intelligent. Wii version is a nice option to have fun with TM, but it is surely not designed to complete or extend the PC version. Start thinking plugin your PC to your TV if you want an answer in that direction. At the moment, nvidia-intel IGP war, SSD, windows 7, HDMI, full HD tv, micro PC may shape a future for this platform. We have suffered from Vista, laptop size reduction, Intel IGP domination with low performance, bad TV input of PC for many years. Now, I just bought a 260€ PC with atom-ion solution to test it. It is not yet enough imho. But in 2010, a little PC under 300€ with SSD, windows 7, very capable graphics for all TM, HDMI output for TV and in less than DVD player size or in a keyboard seems possible. On top of that, most of your occasionnal gaming will be free, you will have low price for many games and only your most played one will probably cost you some money. And this is why I think the future is on PC in addition to the fact that I am right now on it ^_^

oxarFIN
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by oxarFIN » 14 Jul 2009 19:16

wow, i never seen coast car going so fast, :ftw:
btw owner's of wii gets a nice game.
(physics are cheap still :roflol: )

1996Pokemon
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMDS

Post by 1996Pokemon » 14 Jul 2009 20:32

:shock: :cry:
Bay is like one of the best environmets ever!
I say i dont like the idea to much (of wii version), but i do agree, playing with my family at the same time would be MUCH better than hotseat. and yeah, almost everyone in america doesnt know about tm, unless they played the first ones. right after original and sunrise, i completely forgot about tm when i lost the games. SO i guess the wii version is ok (only that). not the best idea imo. it better leave a very good impression for people who havent played, cuz if not, people wont even concider the pc version if the wii one is a trainwreck.

Beta64
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF

Post by Beta64 » 24 Jul 2009 11:15

I can't say that I'm surprised. Firebrand had stated their intent to develop for the Wii, and considering that it doesn't require *much* new design (they could borrow from TMDS or from Nadeo), TrackMania would be a good starting point for their Wii engine.

I've heard that Bay was cut because the buildings put too much strain on the Wii. I'm assuming that that's just a rumour, so don't quote me on that.

Removal of sunset and sunrise is probably to save space (they're probably not using a dual-layer disc), and not every racing game on the Wii had the option to use a GameCube controller (e.g. Excite Truck). There's still the Classic Controller, anyway...

LegoChesser
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TM,TMSX,TMN,TMUF,DS
Manialink(s): maniaspace?user=lego_chesser

Post by LegoChesser » 19 Aug 2009 14:44

Ok, but Firebrand made an good TM game, (TMDS) that game is handy to play TM everywhere, but now is TM going "on tour", 1st, NDS, now Wii... BTW, Florent, are there any idea's to release Toy and Moon for TMUF? Otherwise, you guy can let see us the screens of it. I really want to have new enviro's now. The other 7 are starting to get boring. Or are you guys too bizzy with ShootMania and QuestMania. (When are you guy's going to release the beta or demo from those 2 games?)
Join the Bomberman Group today! If you want to join, please send a PM!
ImageImage
ImageImage