What's next for PC?

General discussion about all the Trackmania series.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Demented
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: ALL

What's next for PC?

Post by Demented » 11 Jul 2009 13:51

What's comming next for the PC?
I haven't seen anything new or even heard of anything being worked on for the PC version of TMUF. There was some talk a long time ago about some new environments (Toybox, Moon etc) but they dropped those ideas and nothing since then.
Anyone heard ANYTHING?
Are done with new content?
Does anyone else want to see some new stuff?

matzi
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO TMN TMU TMF

Re: What's next for PC?

Post by matzi » 12 Jul 2009 15:20

I think Nadeo currently works at two other games: Shoot- and Questmania
For TM they could add a new mode like who gets the highest speed or who is able to jump longer as a certain distance or...

But I think they shouldn't add more than two environments - or even none - because seven are enough.

Demented
road tourist
road tourist

Post by Demented » 12 Jul 2009 15:49

matzi wrote:But I think they shouldn't add more than two environments - or even none - because seven are enough.
Really? I'd love to see it continue for a while.
Every time they create a new environment they get better.
In the last few the physics got really good and the track pieces got more creative.
I'd even like to see some more track pieces for the existing environments.

matzi
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by matzi » 12 Jul 2009 15:58

Demented wrote:I'd even like to see some more track pieces for the existing environments.
:thumbsup: yes that would be good but it will be hard to add/invent new blocks I think

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: All

Post by Trackmaniack » 14 Jul 2009 13:57

Personally, I'd like to see graphical overhauls for the TMS enviros...they did it with TMO and it looks GREAT! But TMS is still a little blocky in spots...if TMS looked like Nations, I would :lovetm even more than I do now! :mrgreen: :thumbsup: :pil
Cruisin' through life, TM-Style!

tcq
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by tcq » 14 Jul 2009 14:22

Trackmaniack wrote:TMS looked like Nations, I would :lovetm even more than I do now! :
Then about 70% of the TMU gamers wouldn't be able to play TM without going to the lowest graphic settings and then it will looks like it looks atm.

Demented
road tourist
road tourist

Post by Demented » 14 Jul 2009 15:36

Trackmaniack wrote:Personally, I'd like to see graphical overhauls for the TMS enviros...they did it with TMO and it looks GREAT! But TMS is still a little blocky in spots...if TMS looked like Nations, I would :lovetm even more than I do now! :mrgreen: :thumbsup: :pil
Then you should get Trackmania United Forever.
It has updated graphics and added blocks for all the environments.
They made everything look and feel better.
TMUF contains all 7 environments so far.
And, if you have a fast computer the graphics are awsome!

I'd still love to see some new ones though.
There are so, so many untapped areas still that would be a blast.
I could come up with and design at least 20 more unique driving modes and enviros.
And why not? They've already got the main program and physics engines done. Adding more is just like frosting on the cake.

ming
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: all
Manialink(s): redlion, ming

Post by ming » 15 Jul 2009 12:13

i guess a lot of poeple, if not even the majority, wants something new for trackmania, including me xD

But Nadeo always said that they do not want to add new enviroments, and they want to make the game rather stronger than bigger.
but maybe they changed their strategy in the meantime, since tmf has become quite strong now, who knows? hehe

pointing on this post; is there something new coming after the summerbreak ?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21551&p=153854#p153854

and looking at the average time between two trackmania games/upates, then we can see that has already been exceeded!

tbn, that these are only very vague speculations ;)
Manialink: mingcolor>

Luxembourg's TM-community website: www.trackmania.lu

Demented
road tourist
road tourist

Post by Demented » 15 Jul 2009 13:07

It would be nice to hear something official from them.
Even if it's just a simple "Wer're done with TM" or "We are working on more for TM" or even "We haven't decided yet".

ming
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: all
Manialink(s): redlion, ming

Post by ming » 15 Jul 2009 13:20

Demented wrote:It would be nice to hear something official from them.
Even if it's just a simple "Wer're done with TM" or "We are working on more for TM" or even "We haven't decided yet".
i dont think that they are done with tm, because Nadeo = TM, well kind of... :mrgreen:
and official statments on such kind of topics are rather rare ^^
Manialink: mingcolor>

Luxembourg's TM-community website: www.trackmania.lu

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: All

Post by Trackmaniack » 15 Jul 2009 17:19

Demented wrote:
Trackmaniack wrote:Personally, I'd like to see graphical overhauls for the TMS enviros...they did it with TMO and it looks GREAT! But TMS is still a little blocky in spots...if TMS looked like Nations, I would :lovetm even more than I do now! :mrgreen: :thumbsup: :pil
Then you should get Trackmania United Forever.
It has updated graphics and added blocks for all the environments.
They made everything look and feel better.
TMUF contains all 7 environments so far.
And, if you have a fast computer the graphics are awsome!

I'd still love to see some new ones though.
There are so, so many untapped areas still that would be a blast.
I could come up with and design at least 20 more unique driving modes and enviros.
And why not? They've already got the main program and physics engines done. Adding more is just like frosting on the cake.
I do have TMUF. See my Owned TM games: All. i.e., TMUF. But I'm not talking about shiny effects and stuff...I'm talking about pure resolution of physical objects, which no boosting of the graphical settings can tweak. Even on max settings, the cars from the TMS enviros still do not have truly round wheels (yes, I know that Stadium cars don't either, they're polygons, but anyway) and the textures, even the United-based and hi-res ones, look kinda blocky...like they used low-res polygons...as opposed to Stadium, well...just find a close-up screenie of a Stadium enviro compared to a UF boosted Sunrise enviro and you'll see the difference.
Cruisin' through life, TM-Style!

Demented
road tourist
road tourist

Post by Demented » 16 Jul 2009 12:34

Yes I see your point, but, the graphics do look much better than they did in the first version of Trackmania. What you are saying is that you'd like to see a higher poygon count for objects, correct? Or even an option for high or low poly count.
Computers over the years only get faster. It makes sense to me to make a game that supports slower computers but will also be able to take advantage of computer systems 5 or 10 years down the road. Computers are predicted to be 100 times more power in 7 to 10 years! HUGE jumps in computing power are expected soon. Games and graphics will never be the same after that. Todays games in 10 years will seem like pong from the 1970s does to us now.

matzi
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by matzi » 16 Jul 2009 15:12

Trackmaniack wrote: Even on max settings, the cars from the TMS enviros still do not have truly round wheels
I'd be happy if my computer would be even able to display the higest settings available atm^^ :D

isamu
road tourist
road tourist

Post by isamu » 27 Jul 2009 07:24

matzi wrote:
Trackmaniack wrote: Even on max settings, the cars from the TMS enviros still do not have truly round wheels
I'd be happy if my computer would be even able to display the higest settings available atm^^ :D
Yeah, trackmania UF is a very demanding game for PC. But he's right....on max settings, the stadium environment, especially with some different mods looks ABSURDLY gorgeous!!!!!!!!

You know what I wish though, I wish the stadium environment didn't take place in a statdium, but somewhere out in space, like on another planet or something. I would love an environment like Mute City from F-ZeroGX! :3

Beta64
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF

Post by Beta64 » 31 Jul 2009 12:27

I've heard they're busy with ShootMania and QuestMania. I think they have said that they're considering giving TrackMania a rest, but don't quote me on that. I'm pretty sure they have at least one more TM patch in the works before they let it rest for a while.