TRACKMANIA BETA circa 2002-2003

General discussion about all the Trackmania series.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

WW2BOY
pedestrian
pedestrian

TRACKMANIA BETA circa 2002-2003

Post by WW2BOY » 19 Oct 2009 05:12

Anyone still around that participated in the very first original trackmania closed beta, before it even started selling in EU?

If so, don't know if anyone remembers me. I dug up my copy and got all nostalgia'd out!

edit: Also, if anyone else wants to get all nostalgia'd out as well, anyone remember the FOW(fools on wheels) clan? :3

LegoChesser
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TM,TMSX,TMN,TMUF,DS
Manialink(s): maniaspace?user=lego_chesser

Re: TRACKMANIA BETA circa 2002-2003

Post by LegoChesser » 19 Oct 2009 13:50

Loool, is it still possible to get it? I still want to play for a few years now the special Desert Turns!
Please PM me where I cn get that! Thanks in advance!
Join the Bomberman Group today! If you want to join, please send a PM!
ImageImage
ImageImage

WW2BOY
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by WW2BOY » 19 Oct 2009 15:24

I am not sure if it is possible....

.... one of the things I remember crazy about the old TM that isn't in the current version were these pieces of track in desert that went straight up a cliff side, I wish those would have stayed...

... also, I miss being able to play my underwater texture mod. I'm sure it still works, but there are so many added textures that it probably would look weird!!

http://trackmania.filefront.com/file/Un ... _Mod;44408

Mixo
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMN, TMU
Manialink(s): Mix

Post by Mixo » 20 Oct 2009 01:08

WW2BOY wrote:.... one of the things I remember crazy about the old TM that isn't in the current version were these pieces of track in desert that went straight up a cliff side
If it's the block I'm thinking of, it's still around even in TMUF, just hidden from the editor. It's used in this track: http://united.tm-exchange.com/main.aspx ... &id=478695

And you can make it available in the TMO editor with this: http://magnusknight.com/tm/NewBlocks.html . It's block 534.

I didn't get involved in TM until 2004, when PowerUp (1.2.5) was current, but I bought the 1.0.0 version since then. I'd love to check out more early versions.

WW2BOY
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by WW2BOY » 20 Oct 2009 07:24

Thats totally it!! Awesome!!!

Yeah, I wish I still had access to beta.

I remember when the beta only allowed the testers to make so big of tracks...

... there were limited amounts of pieces. Like, you could only use 4 boost blocks (for instance, I can't remember the number, but I knew they were small...)

So all the tracks that we raced online were ALMOST all alike in a sense, it was just hard to be creative.

... but someone came along with that ART MONEY program, and tricked the beta into giving us LOADS and LOADS of the pieces... so then every once in awhile you would join a server with like a very long strand of boosts and you'd be like WTF? AWESOME!

... ah, good times.

Mixo
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMN, TMU
Manialink(s): Mix

Post by Mixo » 20 Oct 2009 15:16

Has anyone out there still got any pre-release versions? It'd be interesting to see how the old blocks drive. PM me please. ^^

LegoChesser
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TM,TMSX,TMN,TMUF,DS
Manialink(s): maniaspace?user=lego_chesser

Post by LegoChesser » 20 Oct 2009 16:30

Lol, PM me too then! :D I'm searching for that one for at least 1 a 2 years now! But I still have the Beta Demo, but none of th special blocks are there, time to get the full Beta!
Join the Bomberman Group today! If you want to join, please send a PM!
ImageImage
ImageImage