RTMF toolbar - TMX $1000 donation campaign

General discussion about all the Trackmania series.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

robert1
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO TMS TMN TMU

RTMF toolbar - TMX $1000 donation campaign

Post by robert1 » 29 Oct 2009 13:52

The Deal
Well with the RTMF toolbar being updated for more uses then just the team, and even more uses then just track mania. I have decided to try and get something back to TMX, and this something is a $1,000 (USD) donation. I figure this will help them with the development of the site, mainly for TM2 coming up sometime in the near future. Also it is a thanks from me, and everyone who helps to active this to the makers and mods of TMX for all their work over the last 5 or 6 years.

How can we do it?
Well this is the easy(ish) part. $1,000 is a lot so we are going to need a lot of users for this to be possible. The toolbar makes a very small amount of money for every search and usage of the toolbar, also for every time someone new installs it (installing it twice on one PC will only count as 1 install). So if you install it, then you have helped a tiny bit. But just using the search on the toolbar, instead of going to Google (don’t worry it is a Google search engine anyway) for every time you search for something this will help a lot. Also just getting onto TMX through the link on the toolbar instead of typing it in will help. So any typing into the toolbar or clicking anything on the toolbar will help

what does the toolbar have?
The toolbar has a lot of features, some old, some new, but all still worth being there.

(1) Search engine, connects to Google and lets you search for anything straight from the toolbar.
(2) RSS feed, a news feed that allows you to see any news and details about the updated to the toolbar
(3) The chat room, links to a load of different chat rooms where you can talk about anything and everything you want to.
(4) the Radio, this is a internet radio player that allows you to listen to any internet radio station, and add whatever one you want so you don’t have to search for it again and again. the radio stations pre-loaded onto this are: BYU Radio, London Classic, News and Sports, Invicta FM, TOP 40 R&B and RAP, Virgin, Radio 1 (UK Only), Radio Le Mans. But you can add anymore that you want through a simple menu.
(5)Ticker, Not much to this, just tells you what version of the toolbar you are currently using.
(6)TM Sites, this is a menu with a few links to: TM Forum, TM Site, TMX Original, TMX Sunrise, TMX Nations, TMX Nations Forever, TMX United Forever and Carpark.
(7)WE7 Music player, this is a music player that plays nearly every genre, top 40 (on UK music charts) and loads of other playlists.
(8)Facebook Stream, this is well a Facebook stream, lets you see the status of all your friends, comment it, and change yours.
(9)E-mail Notifies, tells you when you have a new e-mail, as far as I know you can link this to any e-mail account, and multiple ones.
(10)Weather, tells you the weather where you live

Some of these features don’t have to be there and can be taken away / added in the options menu and when you 1st install the toolbar.

where can i download it?
Well there are two different versions available, Internet explorer and Firefox (more browsers may be supported in the near future)

For internet explorer please download here

And for Firefox please download here

NEW
Click here to download for safari WARNING! this is untested so feedback needed.

Also if Firefox users are having any trouble with the radio please download this and it should fix any problems.

Please download the toolbar you want in the browser you are using, IE don’t download the Firefox one through Internet explorer and the other way around.

How close are we?

Below will tell you how far we have to do to reach are target

currently at = $3.20
target = $1,000
amount needed = $996.80

Total Users = 35
New Users Yesterday = 2 (down 1)
Active users yesterday = 9 (up 2)
amount made yesterday = $0.24

(this will be updated daily, last update, 30/10/09)

small update to the toolbar, i have made the front to Arial insted of times new roman
CPU: Intel i7 3.40 GHz
Memory: 6GB DDR3
HDD: 500GB
Optical: Super Multi Double Layer DVD+RW drive
Grapichs: Asus GeForce GTX 580 1536MB GDDR5
Over Clockers UK: "Titan Goliath" Intel Core i7 920

AlexKool
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Re: RTMF toolbar - TMX $1000 donation campaign

Post by AlexKool » 02 Nov 2009 00:13

Installed the toolbar and will try to use the search as much as possible! thanks for posting :)
Join the 250+ GFC team members at: http://www.playfaster.net

DOWNLAOD Gaseco for your server now!

robert1
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO TMS TMN TMU

Post by robert1 » 02 Nov 2009 19:20

thank u (: lol

we will need alot of searches for this lol
CPU: Intel i7 3.40 GHz
Memory: 6GB DDR3
HDD: 500GB
Optical: Super Multi Double Layer DVD+RW drive
Grapichs: Asus GeForce GTX 580 1536MB GDDR5
Over Clockers UK: "Titan Goliath" Intel Core i7 920

AlexKool
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by AlexKool » 27 Nov 2009 17:12

Update? :thumbsup:

Mistral
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: tmuf

Post by Mistral » 28 Nov 2009 11:23

"This will be updated daily".

Last update almost one month ago. Are you serious?

That is irresponsible when asking for money.

AlexKool
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by AlexKool » 28 Nov 2009 16:32

I think ill get my old toolbar back... :roll: