Nadeo and Mixmaps

General discussion about all the Trackmania series.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

SpeedBean
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMSX, TMN, TMUF

Nadeo and Mixmaps

Post by SpeedBean » 09 Jul 2010 07:27

Ok so I looked everywhere and I coulden't figure out what Nadeo's offical stance on mixmaps is, Does Nadeo hate mixmaps? Do they put up with them? Does nadeo like them? I have the feeling that Nadeo dosen't really care about them, but I would like to know what their stance is on mixmaps. Anyway thanks if you can answer my question!
OG Been here since 2003,

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Re: Nadeo and Mixmaps

Post by Alinoa » 09 Jul 2010 08:39

In my opinion, I prefer tracks built without mix-mapping but this doesn't mean that I dislike mix-mapping. If tracks are still built in a coherent way, this is fun. Having grass floating in air, this is not nice for example :roll: I don't know the opinion of other nadeo members.
To add a server in your favorit list, copy this link in your game’s browser address bar
tmtp://#addfavourite=serverlogin

For direct hosting open to all, write <hide_server>1</hide_server> in the command line and use
tmtp://#join=serverlogin

jamie_macdonald
speed demon
speed demon
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 09 Jul 2010 08:43

As a non nadeo member, and a lover of the TM community, i would personaly say that mix-map or normap-map both can be made as good or as bad as eachother,

If used well then it can provide some fresh approaches and some new corner types that have not yet been reachable, but the same goes for the normal editor, there can allways be a fresh idea regardless of the "platform".

It is nice to see such active creativness "in or out" of the normal tools provided, and one of the grat things about TM and it's community is the wealth of creative people willing to spend hours upon hours to create the next "new" thing.

Love it, or hate it, it's part of the game, an i guess it will be that way for a long time :thumbsup:

SpeedBean
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMSX, TMN, TMUF

Post by SpeedBean » 09 Jul 2010 17:41

Ok, so nadeo isn't against mixmapping. I guess thats really what I wanted to know, because some companys really hate modding (Bungie) I kinda just wanted to know how nadeo felt about it. I also do agree that some mixmaps are terrible, with floating dirt roads and such. I prefer more realistic maps where mixmapping is only used simply to make the track a little better, bit dosent do weird stuff like tunnels in the air. Oh and thanks for the input guys. :)
OG Been here since 2003,