Banned by Maniacs

General discussion about all the Trackmania series.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

PurplePants
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMF

Banned by Maniacs

Post by PurplePants » 09 Nov 2010 12:39

This morning I was playing on Maniacs on Coast Pro (80k-90k). Just two other players, one ranked 3. They appeared to be trying to beat the dedi records or something - why I joined they had used the vote command to change tracks and then kept resigning if they didn't have a good lap.

Anyway, so I'm on my 3rd lap, having had a connection problem and then resigning when I rejoined, and next thing I know I'm back at the menu and it says I've been kicked. I try to rejoin and get the popup to say my IP has been banned. I change IP and try to rejoin and get the popup to say that I've been banned. It looks like they didn't appreciate my joining their party.

So, what do I do about this? It's a decent server I like to play on. I have no idea how to contact an admin (can't via the server, obviously, and their webby is in German). I tried asking on their other server (70K-90K) but no admin was around (isn't that frowned upon too?) and the only Maniacs player deigned not to respond. Maybe he didn't understand English.

Naturally, I can provide a screenie of the banned dialog, but since it doesn't show the server at the same time I could be faking it. If necessary I'll provide a video showing it. So far as I'm aware, this is against the terms of having a 90K server, isn't it? So if I provide the video the server should be demoted to 60K?

PurplePants
pedestrian
pedestrian

Re: Banned by Maniacs

Post by PurplePants » 09 Nov 2010 12:42

Just two other players, one ranked 3
That would be >>TaC<<Laurens (sorry for not spelling it out before).

jamie_macdonald
speed demon
speed demon
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 09 Nov 2010 16:50

Hi PP ....unfortunately there are some very immature people around (as in real life). my advice would be to ignore such idiocy and do not rise to it.

we have a coast server in that LP range i think and it's barely used... allways welcome to be added as admin/op there and make a home if you need (search dr-ukr).

obviously if it was "my game" i would bann the lil sods to oblivion, but hey it's not just my world eh :thumbsup:

PurplePants
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by PurplePants » 09 Nov 2010 19:05

Hey Jamie :)

Thanks for letting me know about your server - I'll be sure to burn some rubber around it. I understand what you're saying about ignoring this sort of thing, but to my mind there is no point in having these rules if you just let people flout them. And the sooner these youngsters realise there are consequences to acting like a dickwad the better, IMO.

PurplePants
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by PurplePants » 10 Nov 2010 14:42

Just in case there was any doubt:

Ban is still up, and whilst bans for being naughty are not against the rules, kicking people merely to attempt records is hardly having a public server. Who is able to give these two guys, via a note to the server admin, a kick in the pants for being dicks? Or does Nadeo just not give a toss nowadays?