Trackmania Nations Forever Freezone

General discussion about all the Trackmania series.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Should Nadeo remove the freezone servers?

YES
48%
Keep them but allow TMNF players to go on other servers anyway
17%
Keep the freezone servers
35%

Total votes: 23

altonator
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF TMNF
Manialink(s): b.o.f/comp

Trackmania Nations Forever Freezone

Post by altonator » 27 Jan 2011 12:42

Hello viewers:
I have been playing trackmania for about over 2 years now and i have to say it has been an excelent and addictive game!
However (and this concerns me) why nadeo have you decided to put on freezone servers that TMNF players can only access?
I was informed of this by a couple of my friends who don't have the full version (TMUF) and they said that they couldn't come on my nations servers.

To be honest i can see nadeos reason, they needed to restrict TMNF players even further so that they would go out and buy the full version to make nadeo more profit, however i have discovered that nations players only have to add a server to their favourites to go on any nations server they want by typing in the necessary code ($htmtp://addfavourites=example) or whatever the code is.
So i think all these freezone servers are a bit pointless if people can still go on any server they want.

My idea towards nadeo would be to remove the freezone servers because it's not realy restricting people, just annoying and a pain to type in the code to add a server to your favourites.

So i would say this... If you REALY want to make more of a profit i suggest increasing your advertising campaign, i never see adverts for trackmania on the TV or posters, just on the internet. If there is posters however, i havn't seen them and believe me i've looked.

So please nadeo, remove the pointless freezone, all it is doing is making people waste money on their servers because their player count has gone right down.
Also it's fair to say not many people might know the add faverouties code so it's just annoying.

Please consider my options.

Altonator
BLACK OUT FORCE

http://b-o-f.forumr.net

jimos94
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF
Manialink(s): fun

Re: Trackmania Nations Forever Freezone

Post by jimos94 » 27 Jan 2011 12:56

The reason for which the freezone was created is discussed in this big thread. You will find answers...
http://www.tm-planet.net/ Server hosting, Interviews, Events and more :)

altonator
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by altonator » 27 Jan 2011 15:26

but surely, Nadeo can advertise the game better without doing freezone servers, i havn't seen one ad about nadeo and the games they make on the TV yet and to be honest that will be a huge audience market.
BLACK OUT FORCE

smwforever45
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF, TMT, TM2
Manialink(s): smw

Post by smwforever45 » 27 Jan 2011 18:39

I chose the second option (keep FreeZone servers but allow Nations players to also go on other servers). But I'd say Nations players will have to do something to get the ability to go on other servers (without having to favorite them). Like getting to 30k LP, collecting at least 220 medals in Solo mode or driving at least 40 tracks made by users. (Because that usually shows they like the game and play it regularly.) Or they pay money (like 5 euros) to get it. Fact is: Nations is still a demo of United, and demos always have some restrictions. And one of those restrictions is that Nations players can only access FreeZone servers, other servers only after favoriting them.
~ smwforever45 :)

My YouTube Channel =)

altonator
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by altonator » 28 Jan 2011 08:37

Yes i totally agree here, i think TMNF players should have to get a certain ammount of medals on solo mode or something to get onto the other servers to show they are dedicated, what a brilliant idea smwforever45
BLACK OUT FORCE

dark alex
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by dark alex » 28 Jan 2011 12:57

I fulla agree with point A, as I think if Nadeo saved the money they waste for Freezone (which is worse in my opinion) they could instead invest that money into advertisements.

Here are some Ideas how to make it better:
  • Update the dedicated server so automatically broadcast an TMUF-Ad each five minutes for NF-Players
  • Only allow TMUF-Players to create Servers (through their dedicated accounts)
  • For exaple let the game close itself after three hours of playing on servers or so (not nice but okay)
  • Show Ads while loading tracks

moosey
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by moosey » 29 Jan 2011 15:27

I do like the ideas but why does nadeo spend time waisting time on spoiling a good game system when they should be Moving on to Tm 2 and use the time to advertise that im sure I will be buying that like i bought Tm 1 United, but making the game a nightmare is putting me off even that, I have a server and liked the enjoyment of the community, but that has drained away now.

Can we have the game back plz and leave well alone, let us feel this game is the best in the world, and ye Tm 2 is coming Yipppeee.

Is Tm 2 going to be free or is it a Buy only game. If both then put all your crazy thoughts into that.

The game Tm 1 is now old and still can have life but not the way you are dealing with it Nadeo(anyway Love the game) and i hope the second encarnation is a raging success.......

BrainSmack
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by BrainSmack » 30 Jan 2011 00:55

smwforever45 wrote:Fact is: Nations is still a demo of United, and demos always have some restrictions. And one of those restrictions is that Nations players can only access FreeZone servers, other servers only after favoriting them.
Funny thing is that certain people started refering to TMNF as a "demo of United" only after the freezone thing started. Before december 2010 nobody called it a demo, it was a huge online racing game. Its like now we suddenly have this "demo" excuse, lol.
A change in attitude can change your life.
Click here to play in my server

Racemaniac
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: all
Manialink(s): racemaniac

Post by Racemaniac » 02 Feb 2011 19:10

come on, we've already had enough discussions about the freezone
it's nadeo's game, so they do with it as they see fit
and if you don't like the freezone, buy the game, it's not that expensive, and you've probably had more then enough hours of fun from it to be worth the cost, if you didn't you wouldn't be here complaining about it
as much as the trackmanias may rule, carmageddon 1 & 2 are still the best games ever :D