Nadeo/Focus Support Sucks!

General discussion about all the Trackmania series.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Snaptrap
cyclist
cyclist

Nadeo/Focus Support Sucks!

Post by Snaptrap » 09 May 2011 03:06

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse but I figure people should be forewarned about how bad the support is from this company.

I bought TMU about 4yrs ago. I created an account using my game key. I played the game, used my coppers, had fun. Our town had a flood a year later in which I lost much of my personal things including all my PC games. After months recovering I decided to go back to playing TMU. I logged in played a bit but then when I tried to use my coppers the game requested my CD key. Having lost it all in the flood I was unable to provide a key. Having already provided a key with my account creation I figured I could just ask support for my key. That didn't happen. I was told that they couldn't do that for me. They said I would have to buy another copy of the game.

You'd think that the company would appreciate people PAYING for their software enough to at least check their account to verify the did in fact use an authentic key to create their account. I guess they figure people will lose their keys at one point and take advantage of their loss, even if it was uncontrollable. I though EA was bad. Anyone for frog legs?

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: All

Re: Nadeo/Focus Support Sucks!

Post by Trackmaniack » 23 May 2011 17:27

I would say contact Hylis directly--not with a rage post, but with a politely worded request, on the TM1-forum section of Maniaplanet. He checks that frequently. And further, Focus support may suck because Nadeo got bought by Ubi--so Focus can no longer legally support the game--and yes, Ubi's support does suck.
Cruisin' through life, TM-Style!

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Slig » 24 May 2011 08:48

Not giving cdkey is the best way to protect players from having their account stolen.
The cdkey is the main proof that you own the game, so not keeping such info in a (or several) secure place(s) is essentially your fault, isn't it ?

Snaptrap
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Snaptrap » 31 Aug 2011 07:26

Slig wrote:Not giving cdkey is the best way to protect players from having their account stolen.
The cdkey is the main proof that you own the game, so not keeping such info in a (or several) secure place(s) is essentially your fault, isn't it ?
Yeah, all the secure places were inside my house. Where else did you want me to put a copy of my key, in a Swiss bank account? Also OWNING the email the account is under is another way to validate ownership. I provided my email and password to the account.