what happened to zero server?

General discussion about all the Trackmania series.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

ibesteve
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: tm forever

what happened to zero server?

Post by ibesteve » 28 Jul 2011 14:24

What has happened to the zero servers that used to be on? (tm united forever)
zero fullspeed was my fav server, and it was extremely popular! surely if you're that popular you're not gonna just shut it down.
Please if anyone knows can they let me know.. i truly hope they aren't gone, else thats tm over for me (cant stand the cos ones)

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Re: what happened to zero server?

Post by jamie_macdonald » 28 Jul 2011 14:59

Was it a nations server? It may be a case that this is now a Zero Freezone server, or that the Freezone changes made this population unsustainable and therfore closing the server,

The only real way to find out would be to hit up the Zero clan site :thumbsup:

There were alot of posts late last year from disgruntled Zero customers (they rented servers too) saying they had been ripped off in various ways (coppers stolen, servers shut and payments took, prizes from competitions not fulfilled etc), i don't know if this has anything to do with it dissapearing, but i guess it could be.

ibesteve
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by ibesteve » 28 Jul 2011 15:54

No they weren't freezone, that was the appeal of them too. I've looked everywhere for it on tm, and they're definitely gone.
It is also a german server, so trying to look on their website is a bit on the confusing side hehe
Like i say, they were very very popular servers, so you might be right about all that conning and all.
I was off tm for about 2 - 3 weeks, and poof, its all gone. Not sure if its because of tm2, i'll try have a look about that on their website (lets hope translate works on these things).
All I can say is it is very very sad, as they were extremely good servers, and im sure i'm not alone in saying that.
Thx for the help though, i didn't know servers could get that kinda BS.. shocking

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by jamie_macdonald » 28 Jul 2011 15:57

Well i have seen some Zero tags recently (not mentioning where ^^), so i dont think the clan is gone, maybe just the servers temporarily eh :thumbsup:

Hope you find something to your liking soon,

Cheers :)

»Enryx«
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMF TMWii TM²C/S

Post by »Enryx« » 28 Jul 2011 16:32

If you are talking about Zero| Stuntservers, Zero clan no longer hosts them (someone told me). I dont know Zero fullspeed I never race on FS but could be the same thing.

ibesteve
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by ibesteve » 28 Jul 2011 17:17

strange thing, i've tried a few times in the last 2 or so hrs to go to their website, zero-clan.org, and its never been able to go through.
Maybe there could be players from the clan that still play with the tag, but it seems the server and all has just.. well, gone.. thats why i came here to ask if anyone knew the reason for all this. Like i say, its a german clan and the majority here are english speakers, so i kinda understand.. But surely there must be someone in the know or from the clan that knows what happened.
@ Enryx, it seems that maybe if they're no longer hosting that server, they must have shut down all their tm servers, which is what im trying to find out... WHY?? people loved them..
the donations that were going in to it was ridiculous! the top 3 were 32k, 29k, and 28k, so that wouldnt have been the problem.
just trust me people, they were good servers, and it is a massive massive loss to tm to have it all go.

»Enryx«
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMF TMWii TM²C/S

Post by »Enryx« » 30 Jul 2011 12:59

Answer: Zero lost leaders and sponsors. No more Zero servers D:

uBm
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by uBm » 02 Aug 2011 08:11

Zipperke sets up an
40-80 k stunt server (16 Slots) and a
->> connect:0-60 k Stunt Mixed Enviroment server (60 Slots / 32 Queue)
the 0-60 K Server is already running, 40-80 should follow today.

His old stunt tracks are partially damaged bcause the loc files loaded from Zero - within the next days most of the tracks are online again.

You can find the server by typing zipperke in the search box.

The Zero servers are gone - and also all the coppers wihch have been on them -.- we needed to spare coppers to get a 60 k and an 80 k server running again, so step by , visit and leave us some coppers ;)

Jojo_44
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: Tmnf, Tmuf

Post by Jojo_44 » 05 Aug 2011 09:13

I just wanna say that we are back! Both zipperke servers are online again and ofc our other servers too.

see you ingame,

Jojo

coolmcm
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: United

Post by coolmcm » 05 Aug 2011 09:24

No worrys. All Zero Server are back. Was just a longer Maintanance.

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by jamie_macdonald » 05 Aug 2011 09:35

Welcome back :thumbsup: