Future Trackmania plans

General discussion about all the Trackmania series.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

JanZuKa
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Future Trackmania plans

Post by JanZuKa » 03 Aug 2011 08:08

Hello everyone.

I started playing TMNF a few years back and for reasons I can't recall I quit. However I've come back only to see the installment of freezone. Despite it's annoyance it is not my main concern at the moment.

Trackmania series seems to be in a sort transitional phase at the moment with the new canyon-installment coming, making the forever-duo a bit obsolete.
Now I value my time highly and I don't want to "waste" it playing a game that will start to wither in the future.
(I think UF will die with the exception of most hardcore players, NF will somewhat live in on despite the freezone as it's free).

Therefore I'm asking for advice what should I do. I really like trackmania and wouldn't like to give up on it. Buying UF doesn't really seem like a sensible solution long-term wise, and coping with freezone is driving me crazy. I believe one solution would be to find a good non-freezone, NF server and play there until trackmania 2 comes out.

What do you think, any input is welcome.

Thanks
-Janne

ps. regarding my wish to find a good non-freezone server, could you suggest me some? preferably tech tracks, ~30 seconds long, (longer ones are fine too, I gotta learn to drive them at some point) with 60-80k ladder point margin.

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Re: Future Trackmania plans

Post by jamie_macdonald » 03 Aug 2011 09:08

Well it all boils down to if you think 2 months of no freezone is worth the money :thumbsup:

I would allways say i prefer the TMUF varient as it tires less (due to the different environments and variety) but is is also, as stated less populated and you will spend most times driving with 50-200 regulars and many many others who pop in more rarely.

Alot of this is due to either the game aging (and people burning out) and laso people takign a break for the upcoming varient. But just remember canyon is one envirnment of many to come, and it may be some months before there is as much variety in TM2 as there is in TMUF at this time,

Hope that helps in some way, and wish you luck whatever you do :D

Cheers,
:lovetm

JanZuKa
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by JanZuKa » 03 Aug 2011 11:09

I have high hopes for Canyon, if it gets good reception it'll have a chance to evolve to something awesome. I'm probably going to buy it unless it'll be uber-expensive (which is unlikely).

I'm just wondering what will happen, will Canyon be the next big trackmania that everyone's playing, will it and UF coexist or will it flop?

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 03 Aug 2011 12:00

Hi JanZuKa,

As always a new game will take many across (especially with it looking so nice ^^), but there's that old saying: you can't please all the people all the time,

This means that although the new one will be awesome, some people either set in there ways, or just fond of similarity (fear of change?), some will always stay in the old game, especially with the new one not having the full range of environments to start i can imagine this being a gradual affair.

Even now still there are often TMO requests for people that still play the original but people online in servers in the olders ones is generaly rare, but they are always supported by the NADEO team and will probably be there to visit for the foreseeable future.

So, expect some stubborn and moany people not to change over, and also many others that will wait to see if the new one takes off well (my bet is that it will ^^) and for me even though i WILL be in canyon regardless, if theres a league/race or a meetup in TMU(f) or TMN(f), i will still probably pop back in the "beautiful game" :D