Downloading games for increased copper limit?

General discussion about all the Trackmania series.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Hoodeddood
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Downloading games for increased copper limit?

Post by Hoodeddood » 09 Aug 2011 15:04

I'm trying to figure out if I can download the older games, free or otherwise, so I can increase the amount of copper earned per day.

Also, it seems I haven't earned any copper since I began playing. I've been doing stuff in single player, not multiplayer, though.

Ionian
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN

Re: Downloading games for increased copper limit?

Post by Ionian » 09 Aug 2011 16:46

As far as I am aware, TMO and TMS are not available for download. Finding a naughty site to download them on will do you no good as you need the key for the increased copper allowance.

You earn 50 coppers a day when you log in to the game, as long as you are on the internet and the game can connect to the nadeo server. If you are not on the internet, or you are unable to let your game connect to the nadeo server, you will not earn any coppers.

My advice would be to let the game connect, and go play on some servers with a lottery. Online multiplayer is the best thing about TM. It is, of course, only available to those who have a key and have paid for the game, although I'm sure this isn't an issue for you...

Hoodeddood
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Hoodeddood » 09 Aug 2011 17:10

Oh, I have the game on Steam, no worries there.

I was just wondering if I could get a CD key on the older games somehow so I can get more copper per day. If I can't, though, than no point in bothering about it.

Ionian
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN

Post by Ionian » 10 Aug 2011 20:33

You can register keys for both TMO and TMS, but you will need to find boxed copies. I believe registering one key gets you 70 coppers a day, and ioth will give you 100 coppers a day. That's the limit for each united account.

I'd still recommend playing online for coppers, its both fun and productive.