why no TMU demo would be a good thing

General discussion about all the Trackmania series.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

[PTG]Chef_uk
cyclist
cyclist

why no TMU demo would be a good thing

Post by [PTG]Chef_uk » 19 Oct 2006 13:13

most will already know this but i do believe no demo would be for the best. Nadeo deserve our money for their hard work and the demo of sunrise saw many not buy the game as they had so much in the demo to play with.

By not having a demo, those that want to play the game would have to buy it which would mean more sales. Especially from those who are still only playing the demo of sunrise.

In my mind, if a demo is to be released, you should do it 4 weeks after the release just before Xmas. Not before the game comes out.

Having the limited beta before hand suits both worlds in that those that are desperate the test it out before hand and help fix any last minute bugs can do so knowing there will always be those content with the free demo and stick with it.

Making trackmania nations free when it came out was a bold move and has probably brought in so many gamers that hopefully with TMU coming soon, the audience is now much bigger and Nadeo can reap the rewards.

Being a gamer of many games, not least in my clan. I am very aware of post release support. I know nadeo try to fix the game before release but should they not, they always fix the minor bug instantly. Its this professionalism that i will pay for time and time again. anyone who has visited my site in the last 24 hours will see exactly what i think of the new game from you know who and am disgusted with them as a developer/publisher in the gaming world.

Nadeo cares for its gamers and this should never be forgotten. I fear that in the near future, games are going to be so much restricted for us that online gaming will almost become unimaginably linear.

Long live the freedom of the online experience.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 19 Oct 2006 13:37

That, and TMU already has 3 demos: TMN, TMSX demo and TMO demo.

CAR-AZY
swift roadking
swift roadking

Post by CAR-AZY » 19 Oct 2006 16:29

Zooz wrote:That, and TMU already has 3 demos: TMN, TMSX demo and TMO demo.

I see TMN as the unofficial demo of TMU

because it's one single "new" environment
just like the previous demos
it has about the same amount of blocks as the other demos and it's about the same size

they just said it was FREE instead of it's a DEMO, a lot more appealing to new people :P
just good marketing by Nadeo and Focus
'lo bob

kyle
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by kyle » 19 Oct 2006 19:38

nadeo has done enough in regards to demos. between tmo tms and the *full* nations game, there is enough to get your tm addiction flowing.
Dear God,
Please save me from my sinful addiction to Trackmania. I promise I will never play it again.
Just let me play it one more time~

=_n4drive=
cyclist
cyclist

Re: why no TMU demo would be a good thing

Post by =_n4drive= » 19 Oct 2006 20:38

[PTG]Chef_uk wrote:
Nadeo cares for its gamers and this should never be forgotten.
no they care for the money :P
withouth demo they will lose some players ;) demo is best way to promote your game ;) right?
A promote doesnt work ones the game is released :P

i dont get this post but i respect you for your Demo -track F-zero ;) :P
Last edited by =_n4drive= on 20 Oct 2006 18:47, edited 1 time in total.
n4...

=_n4drive=
cyclist
cyclist

Post by =_n4drive= » 19 Oct 2006 20:48

Btw Tmsx-demo And Tms-demo were very good

But i like Tms-demo more online and offline...
n4...

CAR-AZY
swift roadking
swift roadking

Post by CAR-AZY » 19 Oct 2006 20:52

=_n4drive= wrote:Btw Tmsx-demo And Tms-demo were very good

hey n4, there's an edit button :P
'lo bob

=_n4drive=
cyclist
cyclist

Post by =_n4drive= » 20 Oct 2006 08:13

CAR-AZY wrote:
=_n4drive= wrote:Btw Tmsx-demo And Tms-demo were very good

hey n4, there's an edit button :P
i know i know :lol: :D
n4...

eide
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by eide » 20 Oct 2006 15:08

=_n4drive= wrote:
[PTG]Chef_uk wrote: Nadeo cares for its gamers and this should never be forgotten.
The care for money, but is one of the few companies that understand that customers only will be loyal if you treat them with respect.
withouth demo they will lose some players ;) demo is best way to promote your game ;) right?
I agree. Only through a demo will players know what the game is like, and you can show-off as many fancy trailers and screenshots you like, but it doesn't matter if the gameplay is from hell :P
And if you supply a good demo, fewer people will download the full game illegaly just to check out what it's like.
Warning: Trackmania do affect you driving skills in real life.

=_n4drive=
cyclist
cyclist

Post by =_n4drive= » 20 Oct 2006 18:47

eide wrote:
=_n4drive= wrote:
[PTG]Chef_uk wrote: Nadeo cares for its gamers and this should never be forgotten.
The care for money, but is one of the few companies that understand that customers only will be loyal if you treat them with respect.
I agree. Only through a demo will players know what the game is like, and you can show-off as many fancy trailers and screenshots you like, but it doesn't matter if the gameplay is from hell :P
And if you supply a good demo, fewer people will download the full game illegaly just to check out what it's like.
I totally Agree... :idea:

Good points
n4...

KnightOrk
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by KnightOrk » 27 Oct 2006 23:37

Ok let's think about it...

TM-United will be released, I think Nadeo will close the old Ladders, so no new Gamers could play an Old Demo or Old Version of TM. How can he be infactet with the TM Virus... He won't ever feel the Fun while plying this Game. Probably he will buy TM anyway, but there is not only one new Gamer. Perhaps there will be a few new Trackmaniacs and perhaps not all of them buy this Game only to test it out. And don't forget such People with old Systems... Most of them usually try out the Demo Version. They need to find out if their System can run with TM. And not only Players with Old Version... Think on Windows Vista 64 perhaps... Do you know how it will work with the new Game? I think there will only be a few how try it out and buy the Game without knowing such important thinks...

So a Demo would be a Good Idea...

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 28 Oct 2006 11:41

KnightOrk wrote:I think Nadeo will close the old Ladders
Well I DON'T :P