Want to play trackmania but....

General discussion about all the Trackmania series.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Dec
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF

Post by Dec » 06 Jul 2007 18:14

gioshansho wrote:please anyone tell me trackmania sunrise 1.4.6 PLAYER KEY
BUY TEH GAME!!!11

gioshansho
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by gioshansho » 06 Jul 2007 19:39

i already have game
i am georgia

gioshansho
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by gioshansho » 06 Jul 2007 19:57

i just want the player key
i am georgia

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Re: Want to play trackmania but....

Post by nocturne » 31 Jul 2007 05:05

I'm a conspiracy theorist. I believe that Bush and Cheney, along with a secret cabal of mutated rat people who live in the sewers of NYC, perpetrated 9/11 to get at a few million in gold doubloons buried in the two-towers' basement. I believe that the ghost of Ronald Reagan has possessed Anne Coulter. I also believe that I am always being watched by tiny little spy-bots, and that the CIA installed a camera in the bottom of my toilet bowl...

However, I've come to grips with starforce.

I admit I was a little tiffed when I first notice that a game had installed it, and for the longest time I just ran no-cd cracks. When I installed TMN however, I never noticed SF installed until I put it on a VISTA machine and had to patch it to play.

In the end, it's better to worry about the monsters you don't know, than the ones you do. Starforce has gained quite a reputation for themselves, but in the end there is no consequence to installing it. There are no exploits for SF, unlike the 'unfixable' remote code execution bug in similar GameGuard. I can't find any info about incompatibilities, unlike GG which has problems with common programs like AVG and ATT. And there has been no evidence of SF being used to spy on or manipulate users. In the end, it seems like it's simply an anti-cheat/anti-copy mechanism, and has nothing illicit to worry about (compared to Windows alone, it almost seems altruistic).

On another front, like almost every internet user I'm sure you have a barely functional antivirus program like Norton or AVG, either no firewall or a useless one like ZoneAlarm, and probably no spyware protection that actually protects you from spyware. So, I'd sooner forget about SF and think about all the other real problems you are likely to face.

SilPho
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU

Re:

Post by SilPho » 05 Aug 2007 17:29

gioshansho wrote:please anyone tell me trackmania sunrise 1.4.6 PLAYER KEY
If you have genuinely paid for the game, you will have a manual with the game, on the back of the manual is your serial number for the game. I assume this is what you want.

Is there any chance the game is just asking for a name to use in the profile?
Variety is better than change.
RoundDonut