New TM Games?

General discussion about all the Trackmania series.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

What do you think the name for the next TM release will be?

Poll ended at 01 Oct 2008 13:29

Trackmania Cruise
24%
Or other names...
76%

Total votes: 38

Vielskan
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: ALL

New TM Games?

Post by Vielskan » 20 May 2007 13:29

What do you think the name of the next TM release will be, Florent?

Trackmania Cruise?
Trackmania Party?
Trackmania Nothing?
Trackmania Universe?
Trackmania Mount Blanc?

and much more ideas....

And Florent, as earlier releases: One in the beginning of the year, and one in the end of the year, Will it come a new TM at end at this year? Or is TmUnited the last TM Release?

P.S I know this is strange if these TM releases became true: Trackmania BomB!, Trackmania SPE (Special Edition) and Trackmania Junior, because i have dreamt about these releases in 2005.
Vielskan -> Viauleskran

TM Original 20/10
TM Sunrise 14/10
TM United 9/10
TM Forever 100/10
------------------
TM Junior
TM Bomb!
TM Party
------------------
TrackMania is world's funniest and best game EVER in this world, and next world!!

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 20 May 2007 19:19

I'm thinking it'll be some kind of TMU expansion that you have to pay for, with extra envs. Or maybe just a free expansion first like PowerUp.
Anyway I think they'll stick with TMU a while. After all, if they make a new one TMU doesn't unite all the games any more :P

I heard they finished Virtual Skipper 5 so they're probably working on something TM-related now again.

Also, your names don't make sense, except Universe, but that's too much like United.

Cruise? You aren't cruising around in TM, it's racing.
Party? Sounds more like a Wii game.
Nothing? No one in their right mind would name their product that
Mont Blanc (it would be in french)? We have Snow already, a one-environment themed game wouldn't do too well i guess, unless it's free like TMN. But Snow exists already.
BomB!? Terrorism! Also, it's not a war game. And that's a TM team I think.
Trackmania SPE (Special Edition)? Sounds more like a name of a special release that includes all the previous games or something, which would be pretty pointless, as TMU has most of their stuff already. Or it could be like a collector's edition, but i don't think small game companies with small publishers do that.
Trackmania Junior? I've never heard of a game named Junior. TM is already rated 3+, anyway :P

Herrick
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TM-forum warrior.

Post by Herrick » 20 May 2007 19:43

Trackmania: OMFGROFLBBQ STARZ!!!1! Version?
The Demons man, the Demons!

Don't like my posts? Feel free to not send me multiple PMs.

Vielskan
road tourist
road tourist

Post by Vielskan » 21 May 2007 14:48

Zooz, when i wrote Trackmania BomB!, I meant: You should drive so far away as you can, before the bomb explode and until you were hit of the explosion wave. Also i don`t want killing in TM.

And Trackmania Special Edition: You can get police following you and bust you and your car can explode if you get a very hard crash!

With Trackmania Cruise i meant: You can race INSIDE a cruise - ship.

And Trackmania Junior: You`ll follow a storyline, in the beginning you usually use a horse wagon, drove by a horse, and near the end of the game you can use the original TM cars.

But, Zooz, i have more TM Name ideas... do you want at i shall tell them too?

:D
Vielskan -> Viauleskran

TM Original 20/10
TM Sunrise 14/10
TM United 9/10
TM Forever 100/10
------------------
TM Junior
TM Bomb!
TM Party
------------------
TrackMania is world's funniest and best game EVER in this world, and next world!!

Dec
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by Dec » 21 May 2007 15:19

Stroooong imagination :)

s-j!
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by s-j! » 21 May 2007 15:28

trackmania+
trackmania drivin
ect :P

manialink :tm

Dec
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by Dec » 21 May 2007 17:49

Trackmania XXX 8)

You can expand your opinions to any level you want.

Herrick
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TM-forum warrior.

Post by Herrick » 21 May 2007 18:31

Hehe little man in a boat....
The Demons man, the Demons!

Don't like my posts? Feel free to not send me multiple PMs.

sekazi
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by sekazi » 07 Jun 2007 18:40

TrackMania Drift?

Have fast drifts like in Rally but with a little more control and have blocks for tight drift turns. The blocks can be based off a Japanese city and have special blocks for things like multistory car garages and alleyways.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 07 Jun 2007 18:45

That sounds very un-Trackmania-like :P
Isn't that what NFS is for? TM is for real arcade racing ^^

sekazi
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by sekazi » 07 Jun 2007 20:34

Need for speed sucks anymore. The only thing that even comes close is Ridge Racer but still both are missing something TrackMania has which is the Track Editor. Ridge Racer V is the best of the series but the latest games have not appealed to me as much since they added the nos feature but I still play them.

otmb;ripbox
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMO, TMS

Post by otmb;ripbox » 08 Jun 2007 02:18

Zooz wrote:That sounds very un-Trackmania-like :P
Isn't that what NFS is for? TM is for real arcade racing ^^
this drifting idea has already been suggested b4 by my self

the idea was a coast style environment where drifting makes for a faster speed than not skidding but still with keeping the TM arcade style that it is today

and tbh i feel that this is a great idea

don't put an idea down until you have looked @ it from all angles

if im correct you commented a good report on a video about a guy that had made that was all about revers drifting in bay.... but i could be wrong
* Core 2 Quad Q6600
* Abit IN9 32 MAX Motherboard
* 8 GB OCZ 4GB PC2-6400 nVIDIA SLI-Ready Edition (4X2GB)
* AMP! GeForce GTX 260² 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 x 1
* 150GB Raptor HDD
* 500GB Caviar HDD
* Vista Ultimate x64
* Thermaltake W0133RB 1200W PSU

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 08 Jun 2007 11:09

I'm just saying that it is un-TM-like because all the current environments want you to prevent drifting, especially Rally, Coast, Island and Bay.

Have you ever played the TMS beta? There, on Island, drifting was faster than normal turning. Guess what happened? In the end, us record drivers were drifting always, even on straights (making lots of S-turns) because it was faster than just driving the straight.
They changed it to the Island it is now. I like it a lot more ^^
I know what i was putting down, I drove it :P
otmb;ripbox wrote: if im correct you commented a good report on a video about a guy that had made that was all about revers drifting in bay.... but i could be wrong
Can't remember this, i generally never watch TM video's unless it's something big like the first 1k project or something :P

Vielskan
road tourist
road tourist

Post by Vielskan » 13 Jun 2007 16:14

And here`s another (strange) names of some TM Games: Trackmania Magma, Trackmania HD, Trackmania Coconut, Trackmania Dead or alive, Trackmania East States, Trackmania Traction, Trackmania Fiolini, Trackmania Gante, Trackmania Jelly Fish!, Trackmania Kraaken, Trackmania Libes, Trackmania Plojj, Trackmania Quilmas,Trackmania Retrologition, Trackmania Vineraqus, Trackmania Wreddle, Trackmania Xtro or Trackmania Zip Zap.

These names: TM Dead or Alive and TM Kraaken don`t are important.

Just ask questions about what i imagine in their versions at all! Or if no questions every answer come in one message in 14 days...
Vielskan -> Viauleskran

TM Original 20/10
TM Sunrise 14/10
TM United 9/10
TM Forever 100/10
------------------
TM Junior
TM Bomb!
TM Party
------------------

Drake1009
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Drake1009 » 13 Jun 2007 17:12

Zooz wrote:Have you ever played the TMS beta? There, on Island, drifting was faster than normal turning. Guess what happened? In the end, us record drivers were drifting always, even on straights (making lots of S-turns) because it was faster than just driving the straight.
They changed it to the Island it is now. I like it a lot more ^^
I like the current controls quite well too. Even if Island is my least favourite environment to drive. But in the beta there was one thing I really really liked about the Island handling. That was the acceleration and maybe also gravity physics. I remember a platform challenge made which was just completely crazy. After having played it for half an hour not being able to properly complete some of those totally insane jumps and accelerations and brakings I was certain that that kind of level would give even the most hardcore Mario players nightmares about inadequacy. The Beta physics were awesome for Platform mode and stunts in that kind. As the demo got released with the proper physics you couldn't even make the first jump. Sadly.