TMUF on WCG 2009?! It's possible guys!

Come in to speak about the competitions different organised by Nadeo and the community.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

raptor87
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN, TMU

Re: TMUF on WCG 2009?! It's possible guys!

Post by raptor87 » 20 Nov 2008 12:22

BTT: I voted ! :D

HM@love it
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU

Post by HM@love it » 21 Nov 2008 12:05

i'd like to add there are some countries where u have to pay your trip to the finals by your own, and depending on where it is it could be too expensive, oh damn, it will be in china :P

and as far as i know there is not any tmuf clan which got any lansupport, even in tmnf there are only a few teams :(

about tmnf or tmuf as a better esports game i dont want to comment on now, the problem for tmuf will probably be that no one know alot about the teams and players in the community...

maybe some nadeo guy should tell us which mode is really meant, i bet there were any contracts to be signed :p

Florent ? :)

Pure
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Pure » 27 Nov 2008 13:36

All the people who failed miserably at Stadium (Trackmania Nations: ESWC) who are trying their luck in another environment are now screaming they want to be heard.

Nice, now go back to playing rally noobs :gobananas:

Stadium is a game on it's own, leave it alone. Yes, I know you can vote for TMUF, but that's simply down to the thing called BUSINESS.

If you can't figure that out you need to get back to primary school.

Cheers :1 and :lovetm nations: forever
dignitas/sky

tcq
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by tcq » 27 Nov 2008 16:05

Pure wrote:All the people who failed miserably at Stadium (Trackmania Nations: ESWC) who are trying their luck in another environment are now screaming they want to be heard.

Stadium is a game on it's own, leave it alone. Yes, I know you can vote for TMUF, but that's simply down to the thing called BUSINESS.

Not sure if you don't get it, but the vote was for Trackmanie United Forever. Maybe you should check out primary school and lern to read before you write offensive stuff covered under smilies?

Pure
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Pure » 27 Nov 2008 18:09

tcq wrote:
Pure wrote:All the people who failed miserably at Stadium (Trackmania Nations: ESWC) who are trying their luck in another environment are now screaming they want to be heard.

Not sure if you don't get it, but the vote was for Trackmanie United Forever. Maybe you should check out primary school and lern to read before you write offensive stuff covered under smilies?
Yes I already mentioned that, if you can't see that you're close to blind. Anyhow, just because you're not smart enough to figure things out on your own here goes: When a game is elected into the World Cyber Games it's a boost for the game title (popularity, media attention) and thus they've selected TMUF in favour of TMNF because it boasts a larger economical growth for the game developer.

Can't believe some people honestly think they should consider the other environments at WCG. Stadium is made for e-sports, just because Stadium is in TMUF doesn't mean the others are. That's like saying: "Oh, because Team Fortress is also part of half life it should be played just like CS!"

Guess again.
dignitas/sky

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 27 Nov 2008 18:28

Regardless of your own arrogant opinion Pure .. we voted for TMUF in its entirity ...

I guess youll not get that ever scince ya stuck in your own opinion ... We know that stadium has the "buisness limelight" but we want that to change ... hence the vote ...

No one needs to go back to school ... to think we dont know what your'e saying allready is putting your own intellegence above others and thinking you are smarter ... Not the case :lol:

Atze-Peng
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN, TMU

Post by Atze-Peng » 27 Nov 2008 22:04

Pure wrote:Stadium is made for e-sports, just because Stadium is in TMUF doesn't mean the others are. That's like saying: "Oh, because Team Fortress is also part of half life it should be played just like CS!"
Then tell me please one thing, which makes Stadium more suited than any other TMU environment (except for buggy Snow). Just one and I'm statisfied with your opinion.

Chapo
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU TMO TMS TMN

Post by Chapo » 27 Nov 2008 23:04

Atze-Peng wrote:
Pure wrote:Stadium is made for e-sports, just because Stadium is in TMUF doesn't mean the others are. That's like saying: "Oh, because Team Fortress is also part of half life it should be played just like CS!"
Then tell me please one thing, which makes Stadium more suited than any other TMU environment (except for buggy Snow). Just one and I'm statisfied with your opinion.
Ask why nadeo created stadium for eswc and I guess you will have your answers :p

@ Pure, insulting is completely stupid.
Because people don't play stadium doesn't mean they suck at it or failed etc... If you don't like a game, do you play it? If they prefer other environments than stadium then I don't see why they shouldn't play them ... (We can take zooz who is 'quite' (:p) good on stadium but doesn't seem to like it much).
Even worse, there are people who suck at stadium and keep playing it and want it in esport , you are insulting them ...

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 28 Nov 2008 09:12

Thx Chapo, I agree @bout the insulting ... Is pointless and rude.

And regarding the ESWC+Nadeo thing ... It was made for Publicity to sell united (of which we now want to make use of :wink: ) and to increase the range of people that know of NADEO and Focus...

-Lr-Nighty
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL
Manialink(s): tmsites, frosty, nighty, OC, FC

Post by -Lr-Nighty » 28 Nov 2008 10:18

anyway this is POINTLESS. we all know what the final result will be....

CS players after 10 years are still playing the SAME 4 maps.

TMUF has TMNF + 6 others games... BUT this is a change, ESWC players would have to learn something NEW, there is no way this is going to happen...

well at least tmn players agreed to have new maps each time ! this is an improvment over CS :lovetm

and finally: keeping money out of TMUF is not a bad thing....

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 28 Nov 2008 14:04

Heh, Pure is either trolling or really ignorant. Neither is a good reason to reply to him :P

Florent
Developer
Developer

Post by Florent » 28 Nov 2008 19:27

And regarding the ESWC+Nadeo thing ... It was made for Publicity to sell united (of which we now want to make use of :wink: )
I did not came in the debate because I did not wanted to interfere. However, I have been pointed this particular sentence and want to comment on it.

The first free game from Nadeo was not made to make United... The game was not yet decided. It was not made to sell Sunrise, for which a demo already existed. It did not even really made good sells of Sunrise or United in fact. It was even not made to have advertising revenues. It did some. It was decided at ChinaJoy 03 in Shanghai when I saw eSport activities and free games. I was learning Chinese and thinking to install myself in the country.

Before, Matthieu Dallon and Olivier Paradis proposed to have TM at the ESWC, using an environment of Sunrise for free. So, our team decided to make a dedicated game to eSport. I have even designed the gameplay in order to enable a world champion to win with keyboard for standard peripheral that cost the less ^_^

The game "Nations" is made to bring people from different country and then to "Unite" It looks to "good thinking" but it is a real motivation when a team spend so much time and energy behind work, including myself. When you go online and you see all the people from around the world playing together, it is amazing.

140 people are on that server and look at the nationalities. The Olympic spirit can be criticized but this is a meeting of people from around the world. This is in the intro of TMN ESWC and still is an important thing to our eyes. We create links with games.

We are going to push a lot United in the days to come. It has started in France and more people come to United already. It is a commercial move for sure, but the spirit of Nations remain the same: a game for competition, for people from many country to access for free, with an Olympic spirit (like WCG) and a with a gameplay that makes people on a equal start.

There are many people behind the community that are here since years. Those people build important foundations of the TM community. They obviously discovered and appreciated the other TM environment than stadium before. Their opinion is also one with maybe more experience than the others. They seem to feel that after some time, it is funnier to play more than one environment only.

If longer term players think that all players will end playing all environments (justifying by the way their strong desire of new ones) I don't think they should worry so much for the future... there would normally be bigger competition on United if most players use it.

So, it is obvious that discussions happen. I am not sure a truth can come out of it. ^_^

occam
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMS,TMN,TMU,TMUF

Post by occam » 28 Nov 2008 21:52

Florent wrote:... I was learning Chinese and thinking to install myself in the country.
No wonder Zooz had doubts about the English words, Zooz is expecting Mandarin :->>
Florent wrote:The game "Nations" is made to bring people from different country and then to "Unite" [...] but it is a real motivation when a team spend so much time and energy behind work, including myself.
When you go online and you see all the people from around the world playing together, it is amazing.

That indeed is amazing. Thx for the fantastic work and the unique uniting international game. I am biased, being a huge fan meanwhile, but i say it anyway: the best game(s) ever - everything with TM in front of it, TM, TMO, TMS, TMSX, TMN ESWC, TMU, TMF (TMUF+TMNF), TM DS :->

I fell in love with TMN ESWC (the international aspect, all the nations and little flags and this insanely impressive stadium trailer). All those things made me fall in love with this game. And i am not even good at Stadium (but i am even worse at the older Environments :->, btw this Topic originally was about voting for TMUF :->, so if you haven't voted yet you just as well might vote for it, we can't let trackmania.cn do all the work :->

You must have done something right , because something must have inspired the best community ever :-> and the communitiy is what makes TM extraordinary and outstanding beyond any comparison: TMX, Carpark,...all the Pluggers, Xymph, Jfreu, Mistral,...the Forum Gurus like Blahitis, ...the Moderators and the Website Gurus like Smurf (TM-Ladder), TStar (TMC) and Slig (Dedimania).

Always nice seeing you posting in the forum Florent, this time with very interesting information - you nearly becoming Chinese and all :-)

Thx for the insight.

Last edited by occam on 28 Nov 2008 22:17, edited 1 time in total.

Florent
Developer
Developer

Post by Florent » 28 Nov 2008 22:16

:grmblz: my english his good!!

:spirit: I am really happy that the Nations theme convinced you. The voice over the intro movie was a little touch of that spirit ^_^

occam
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMS,TMN,TMU,TMUF

Post by occam » 28 Nov 2008 22:19

Image maybe your Mandarin is even better :->

Yeah that intro is bombastic - the voice is giving me goosebumps :->

Last edited by occam on 28 Nov 2008 22:21, edited 1 time in total.