ManiaCup : News & Events infos

Come in to speak about the competitions different organised by Nadeo and the community.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

ManiaCup : News & Events infos

Post by Slig » 25 Mar 2009 19:10

What is ManiaCup ?

ManiaCup is a tournament system, an automatic tournament system !
It means that you have access to a manialink to view the list of tournaments, register to a tournament, join server(s) to play qualifications, then, if qualified, go to playoff ! You won't have an admin on matches (wel, it can happen, but most time not) :D
Most time the tournaments will be on 1 map only, which is a way to avoid having to train many maps, especially for those who already train maps for some others competitions.

To go to maniacup, follow the maniacupcolor> manialink !

Registration in tournament

Once entered in a tournament main page (so the informations page), if the registration has begun you should have a registration button on upper right (else you see in how many hours/days it will begin), just click it to register !
Some tournaments are free, some need coppers, some, more private, need a passphrase to register, and some can be limited to country or other filter.

Qualification system

The qualifications are made on a server (or more in case of eventual multimap tournament), in TA. You can train on it as long as you want, but you have to start official attempts to have your run used as qualif time, and the number of official attempts is limited. In case of multimap, your global qualif time is the sum of your qualifs times on each map.

Usage:
- go to the Qualification page of the manialink, then click Play, then in the popup click the server/map that you want to play.

Once on the server:
- you can click the logo or i at upper right to open/close the info panel. When playing (ie not spectator), F6 will do the same.
- you can click the Warmup/Official orange indicator on right to start or abort an official time. When playing (ie not spectator), F7 will do the same.

Note: most time you have to make at least one official time on each of the maps ! The upper table in Qualification page show a time only if you have made a time on all needed maps, else it show you how many you have done and how many you have to do.

Playoff system

The playoff it a direct elimination tree. On each match you have to be qualified to go to next playoff round. There is a minimum break time of 5 minutes between matches, to give time to join the servers. The playoff need several dedicated, relays, and scripts at the same time.

Most time the matches are in Cup mode, using reduced points when there is a finalist (only those who finish rounds ahead a finalist win points, reducted by the points which belong to the finalist round rank, so the finalists have interest to make good place when they fail to win, else their opponents will take more points...).
Btw it's not a limitation of the system, eventually in future the matches will use some other game mode for specific events. Same, the number of players in matches is not fixed, the number of qualified is chosen at tournament creation.

Usage:
- go to the Playoff page of the manialink, then click on a match button to see more infos about it.
- by default it will show you the next match that you have to play.
- matches buttons change a little when : you selected it, it's your next match, it is on (ready to start or playing)
- when a match is on, you will have a button to spectate (if a relay is on)
- when your match is on, you will have in infos a button to join it.
- you can click on 'Playoff' again to refresh, going back to the default : your next match.
- you can click on the date at lower right to refresh, keeping current state.

Once on the server:
- you can click the logo or i at upper right to open/close the info panel. When playing (ie not spectator), F6 will do the same.
- most match info are in the info popup ! you can also write a /info command, but until the real beginning of the match you won't have the real values used in the match.
- if you prefer to remove most script UI/HUD, you can click on the upper left cross. When playing (ie not spectator), F5 will do the same.

Prizes

Prizes are computed depending on the number of players and on the registration fee. The copper prizes are sent to players after the end of the tournament.
If you don't play your (last) playoff match, you will get no prize.

Unregistration and refund

You registration fee is refund to you if you unregister before the end of the qualif AND if with you would have been qualified for playoff with your time.

Sponsors

You (will) have a way to sponsor a tournament, which will increase its prizes. When you do so it will be visible on the manialink, with also the manialink, weblink, logo, and comment that you entered. The sponsor with donated the biggest amount of coppers will also be in the servers online infos.

Have fun! :D
Last edited by Slig on 07 Dec 2010 15:36, edited 14 times in total.

nuncjusz
highway camper
highway camper

Re: ManiaCup Open Beta : Beta Cup 4

Post by nuncjusz » 27 Mar 2009 12:44

I've already made 10 attemts in official mode but my score isn't on a board. What's goin on??

westernwarrior
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by westernwarrior » 27 Mar 2009 13:21

Hello,
I have had the same problem too. I did my 10 official races and no time. I have completely wasted 50 coppers on this and ended up with a top 30 score but no official record. And YES I did press F7 and made sure it was official.
Are there any rules regarding refunds for players who have been ripped off by bugs? :ftw:
Cannot validate time with replay???????? What does that even mean?????

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Slig » 27 Mar 2009 13:51

Why do you wait your 10th attempt with an error message to report the problem ? :roll:
Btw I will look at it and reset your attempt counter of course.
Last edited by Slig on 27 Mar 2009 14:48, edited 2 times in total.

westernwarrior
highway camper
highway camper

Post by westernwarrior » 27 Mar 2009 14:44

Thank you for the reply.
In my case and as noted in my last post....
My user name is westernwarrior
The error message is: Cannot validate time with replay - or something similar.
The information I did not provide was the time I played was about 9:30pm - 10:00pm GMT+8 Friday 27th March 2009.
My best time was 39.25 or 39.24- Can't quite remember.

To answer your other question, I had all my 10 official tries because I just initially thought it was maybe a connection problem and surely it would eventually accept my time. Never played a tournament before and was a fairly vague error message (Someone say NooB?). I logged out and in again and got the message again. After that was my last real chance to race it anyway and honestly thought that no one would really care, I did not even expect a response to my last post and had no idea who to notify of any problems. So I just blew the rest of my chances because lets face it - it's a moderately difficult track but also heaps and heaps of fun.

Thanks for looking into it. Hope you can work out what caused this too.

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Slig » 27 Mar 2009 14:49

It is (i hope) corrected , and the attempt counter as been reseted for those who had that kind of problem (no validated time because of validation replay nickname control problem).

Tell me if you still have a problem.
westernwarrior wrote:I did not even expect a response to my last post and had no idea who to notify of any problems.
It's a beta : the goal is to see problems and try to fix them when needed ;)

westernwarrior
highway camper
highway camper

Post by westernwarrior » 27 Mar 2009 15:00

Thank you very much for looking at this. :thumbsup:

Hope problem is sorted. Too late for me to start again tonight however, but hope I will have some more time tomorrow to try.

Thanks again.

ww

racerua
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMS, TMUF

Post by racerua » 31 Mar 2009 11:48

When will the new ManiaCup start? Will it be Beta 5 or final version?
And I wish we could drive the Coast track on the next cup...

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Slig » 31 Mar 2009 14:40

racerua wrote:When will the new ManiaCup start? Will it be Beta 5 or final version?
And I wish we could drive the Coast track on the next cup...
There will probably be a beta 5 or RC for next saturday, perhaps a test with some change in the playoff match format, i'm not sure. (btw changes will continue to be made after, so i'm not sure that RC is the right word ^^)

On the other side, small daily tournaments on simple maps (ie startrack A1), designed more for low/medium level players than pgm, should begin next monday. You will get announcements when ready ;)

twoeagles
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: tm.

Post by twoeagles » 01 Apr 2009 05:08

Hi Slig! :D One suggestion I have is a slight change in the "wording" listed in the ManiaLink: use the word "PRIZES" instead of "Prices" (fr = achete) unless it will actually cost thousands of coppers for the first place winner. There is a big difference in the words used in English conversation, just a heads-up. 8)

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Slig » 01 Apr 2009 16:02

twoeagles wrote:use the word "PRIZES" instead of "Prices" (fr = achete) unless it will actually cost thousands of coppers for the first place winner. There is a big difference in the words used in English conversation, just a heads-up. 8)
Huhu, right !

The bad thing is that it was also in code and database... i changed all of them but i hope that it did not break something :(

racerua
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMS, TMUF

Re: ManiaCup : News (02/04/09)

Post by racerua » 02 Apr 2009 17:23

Great news for new daily competitions :thumbsup:
Thank u!

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 02 Apr 2009 17:28

indeed great news look like a there is going to be alot of finding and catching new players for TMU Squads ;)

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Slig » 02 Apr 2009 20:36

Weekly event : Starbuck's Cup ! :D

I'm pleased to tell you that ManiaCup will start again this evening, again for a playoff next saturday afternoon ! :D
Btw, for those who already participated on betas, it will be a little different from previous weeks...

This time the map is a special choice, because it is a choice of the main sponsor of the tournament, who donated 100 000 coppers for it : Starbuck ! :thumbsup:
Sorry for those who will be disappointed to play a Stadium map, btw I think that some others will be happy ;)

Edit: the beginning of the map was not good for rounds match, so we had to change it finally. Of course the attempt counter has been resetted for those who already drove the first map.

Note: this time 1000 players can participate (100 coppers for registration), 160 players will be qualified, and playoff match will have 10 players for 5 qualified to next round.
Daily events : well, these are every day, what else ? ;)

Next week will start the daily events ! first will be monday, on Rally ! :D
Those daily events are mainly for beginners and medium level players, and will be done on simple maps, ie actually the Star Tracks (A1 first week, A2 2nd week, etc.).

Those are quick tournaments : qualif start in mid afternoon and playoff in early evening (CET) the same day. Playoff in Cup, 1vs1vs1vs1, 60 points, about 15min + 5min break per match.

The concept is to catch players who never play matches or leagues. If you already play leagues or other competitions then look more at the weekly event please (except if some days you have nothing else to do). If some players play those Cups instead of their league matches, then for sure it will be a fail...
For general ManiaCup info, see first post ;)

twoeagles
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: tm.

Post by twoeagles » 03 Apr 2009 05:13

Great idea with the upcoming dailies! :1 I looked and everything seems to be fine with the text and with the coding, at least I have not seen it cause any other problems, Slig, and now it doesn't look like it will cost too much just to join! :roflol:

Cheers
:}{: