ManiaTeam Beta Bugs...

Come in to speak about the competitions different organised by Nadeo and the community.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

twoeagles
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: tm.

ManiaTeam Beta Bugs...

Post by twoeagles » 29 Mar 2009 02:22

I am in the ManiaTeam Beta, on 2 teams: TMC and IDK team, and have spotted a few bugs today, Saturday, March 28, 2009 at 8:30 PM CST (US). TStarGermany, of TMC is on my buddy list and a teammate. I clicked on Join when I noticed he was playing on the ManiaTeam server, and payed the 40 Coppers after pressing enter to play. The server would not let me join after this, so I closed it and clicked on the news link posted in my main ManiaZone, and was charged 40 coppers again to join. :grmblz: I went into map Bay A2 and took a couple of screenshots of some of the other bugs: No Team medals, and the rounds mode was normal, no team, and only myself and 1 other playing out of (I think, its shown in the photo) 23 others in the same map. A few things extremely different from yesterday, that perhaps should be looked into by the techs. :thumbsup: I hope this helps with troubleshooting on the beta, I thought the ManiaTeam thread was in this competitions section, as a team sport, don't see it, but the ManiaCup beta is, so if need be, move this to where it must be please, mods, & thanks in advance, I thought this info should be posted right away. 8)

In-Game Screenshots: (JPG file, 56kb, 640 x 400 res)
(Pics from Fileden) NOTICE the time lapse in this second picture, and the conversation:
I also have the full size .bmp files, at 1440 x 900 resolution, but I think the resize above is clear enough on a 20" or larger monitor.

Mikey
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Re: ManiaTeam Beta Bugs...

Post by Mikey » 29 Mar 2009 04:04

Is there an official thread for BETA BUGS anywhere ???

A team mate also encountered the payment bugs and had to pay 4 times within 24 hours.
And the lag is the worst I have ever seen in trackmania, even with only 2 players on a map.

Tom.CZ.73
speed demon
speed demon
Owned TM-games: all PC versions
Manialink(s): Tom.CZ.73, sQs

Post by Tom.CZ.73 » 29 Mar 2009 10:30

Only on french forum sadly, I wanted to report few thing too + some possible improvements but why bother

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 29 Mar 2009 11:31

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

ManiaMaster
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMO , TMS ,TMU(f)

Post by ManiaMaster » 29 Mar 2009 11:44

I was on yesterday and my team didn't get any medals on one track.
Also we had no hud (only the chat hud)
(same problem as above)

another bug is that if someone is afk and we finished, the timer didn't start so we had to kick him.

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Slig » 29 Mar 2009 12:03

Mikey wrote:Is there an official thread for BETA BUGS anywhere ???
I just sent a PM to gou1 to indicate him this topic, so i think that you can post your bug reports here.

xai
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU(F),TMN(F)
Manialink(s): xai

Post by xai » 29 Mar 2009 12:33

I had to pay 3 times in 5 minutes today. First time when I joined by clicking a name on my friendlist, I went automaticly into spec. Then I pressed del to get out of spec, had to pay again. I didn't get out of spec, so I just joined by manialink and I had to pay again xD.
Weeeeeeeeeeee

Tom.CZ.73
speed demon
speed demon
Owned TM-games: all PC versions
Manialink(s): Tom.CZ.73, sQs

Post by Tom.CZ.73 » 29 Mar 2009 12:40

Currrent ManiaTeam Tool "count" Team Point after huge medal is displayed on screen. I think I think that it would be better to "count" TP before medal is dislayed. We (sQs) played with 6(7)players and we lost few time lot of TP becouse somebody left server prematurely.

Ability to force inactive players to spactator mode (automaticaly)

TeamChat - (options to deactivate chat messages of other teams - OFF/On switch required)- some teams do not use TeamSpeak/Ventrilo. In case that many teams is currently connected to server is sometimes had to see what mine teammates write.

Ability to have more team admins in team - sometimes you want to invited friend to team but team admin is offline. or maybe give all players permition to sedn INVitation ?

Ability to add players to team which aren't in buddy list (or is it already possible ?)

Btw what is command /end for ?

(edit: thx Slig!)

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by w1lla » 29 Mar 2009 12:47

Well Xai mentioned the join friendlink well i tested and this is what you should get....

Another thing Target time is an average of Best times of both players....

It should not be that one player gets 16.11 and the other has to get the same time to reach the target time.

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by w1lla » 29 Mar 2009 19:30

Another Error reported by Me: Sundays is stadium day but still error for that one.

twoeagles
road tourist
road tourist

Post by twoeagles » 29 Mar 2009 22:20

Thanks Slig, I wasn't sure where to report bugs for the beta. :thumbsup: I had the same issues for about 2 hours yesterday, rejoined, and then the maps changed to stadium maps, and everything worked fine again. :D I'll read the French forum to see what else is going on. 8)

gou1
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMUF
Manialink(s): manialib maniapub maniateam

Post by gou1 » 30 Mar 2009 13:49

Hey,

I'll try to answer while I am fixing the bug you report. I'd like to thank you all for the feedback !

Max
and payed the 40 Coppers after pressing enter to play. The server would not let me join after this, so I closed it and clicked on the news link posted in my main ManiaZone, and was charged 40 coppers again to join.
Sorry for that one. It's fixed now, you should'nt get scamed again by teh maniateam servers ;)
No Team medals, and the rounds mode was normal, no team
Server crash... Now a message appears when a server crashes.
Btw what is command /end for ?
Debug command, only works on my local server xD

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 30 Mar 2009 19:34

w1lla wrote: Another Error reported by Me: Sundays is stadium day but still error for that one.
I had this with Bay A1 on the day that Bay was active. But a few hours later, it was fine.

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by w1lla » 31 Mar 2009 08:26

Have a quick question.

When you get a medal the popup of the reached medal stays till the server reaches Round start. My question is can there be a ok of a X button added inthe popup so that we can click it away.

also The /help command should be added in the end release where some commands can be added.

These could be;
/gold shows gold time
/bronze shows bronze time
/silver shows silver time
/maniateam /shows some info about the mode for new players....

Please give your comments about the command :P

twoeagles
road tourist
road tourist

Post by twoeagles » 31 Mar 2009 09:33

Hey thanks for the quick response, gou1. :thumbsup: I stayed out of the beta for a day hoping it would be looked at, so now I'll go back into it (2 teams waiting for me!). I've been in quite a few betas before so it's normal that issues will appear, I'll be sure to let you know of any others I notice. 8)

@ Wila: Don't forget Author's times!

And now for the off-topic part:This one is for those that apparently like them, it may look a bit clearer than the other one I saw...
The Biggest Emoticon in the World:
End of off-topic!