darksidex
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU Beta

Re: TRACKMANIA ON PSP

Post by darksidex » 22 Oct 2007 08:00

no it's not, not everyone who buys a pc plays games :o

But i don't think Nadeo has the time and money to remake the entire game
PCL: Toshiba Tecra S2 | Intel Centrino 760 2Ghz | 1024 MB DDR2 | 60GB HDD | GeForce Go 6600 64MB | 15,4" TFT 1400x1050 | Keyboard | Win XP Pro NL SP2 | Cable 256/10.000

Former Trackmania Nations Player & Trackmania United Beta Tester

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 22 Oct 2007 11:23

Not everyone who buys a PC would get TMU, not everyone who buys a PSP would get TMU. But that doesn't mean they aren't potential buyers. Theoretically they could get it.

otmb;ripbox
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMO, TMS

Post by otmb;ripbox » 22 Oct 2007 12:12

i realy dont see any problem with having tm on psp or any other console
to be quite frank i would love to play TM on my DS Lite or even go out and buy a psp just to play TM on the move

i wouldnt say TMU to start with but now TMO and TMS have very little life left in them if i was in Nadeos shoes i would jump at the chance to release a slightly dumbed down version of TMO,TMS (no editor...download tracks only, same with cars,ect)
just group the best bits ever made... to think a default psp track could be 1 of yours :mrgreen:

to think i could be sat at work playing tm whilst keeping an eye out for my boss comming round the corner :1010 ...ok we have a shed load of pc's at work that can run tm but the way they watch the company network i could swear they invented spyware :?
* Core 2 Quad Q6600
* Abit IN9 32 MAX Motherboard
* 8 GB OCZ 4GB PC2-6400 nVIDIA SLI-Ready Edition (4X2GB)
* AMP! GeForce GTX 260² 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 x 1
* 150GB Raptor HDD
* 500GB Caviar HDD
* Vista Ultimate x64
* Thermaltake W0133RB 1200W PSU

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 22 Oct 2007 15:29

That, or you just do what you get paid for at work, you lazy person ^^

otmb;ripbox
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMO, TMS

Post by otmb;ripbox » 22 Oct 2007 17:53

Zooz wrote:That, or you just do what you get paid for at work, you lazy person ^^
:roll:
* Core 2 Quad Q6600
* Abit IN9 32 MAX Motherboard
* 8 GB OCZ 4GB PC2-6400 nVIDIA SLI-Ready Edition (4X2GB)
* AMP! GeForce GTX 260² 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 x 1
* 150GB Raptor HDD
* 500GB Caviar HDD
* Vista Ultimate x64
* Thermaltake W0133RB 1200W PSU

BJK
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMO TMS TMN

Post by BJK » 23 Oct 2007 00:07

Sure, I love Trackmania as much as anyone else around here. But where did anyone buy the game? I got Trackmania from Scholastic, other than the internet that's the only place you can find it. I got Trackmania Sunrise on Amazon I think. Scholastic.That's where the barely bought underdogs show up, but Trackmania sales would go up because X-Play (on G4TV) reviewed Trackmania United, so now the public may actually notice it. I bet that Trackmania Original could fit on the PSP, has anyone seen Gripshift? Type in Trackmania into Wikipedia, and they say see also Gripshift, and vice-versa. Gripshift is a more abstract trackbuilding game for the PSP only, and it has all of the Trackmania elements. You build the tracks, you race the tracks, you download the tracks, pre-built tracks come with it, and it's basically the same principle: race pre-built tracks to gain currency to build your own. In fact, this game has more than Trackmania original, such as more pieces, car customizations (hovercar is my favorite :mrgreen: )and concept art, and you can also create multi-lapped tracks just as on Trackmania Sunrise. Gripshift came out summer 2005, when the PSP was brand new. Has anyone ever heard of this at all?

BJK
cyclist
cyclist

Post by BJK » 23 Oct 2007 00:18

otmb;ripbox wrote:to release a slightly dumbed down version of TMO,TMS (no editor...download tracks only, same with cars,ect)
Suprisingly quite a few PSP games have editors, such as ATV Offroad Fury or Gripshift. The PSP can take downloaded gamesaves, even for tracks others made, it can go online in infrastructure (router) or Ad-hoc (PSP-PSP) I know as a PSP user and hacker that Trackmania Original can fit and work on the system in full. It's just too possible from my eyes, Windows 98 has already been emulated on the thing. And PS1 games can be played on it (for free by the way :mrgreen: )The PSP has emulated a lot, and it can surely be made into an ISO file on a UMD. Who knows, maybe they just have to edit some files and compress it into an ISO and... instantly... it may work. The PSP can actually use EXE's with a hack, I've done it. Using the PSP as T.V. remote is real too, I've done it. The EXE's have to be DOS games though. :roll:

BJK
cyclist
cyclist

Post by BJK » 23 Oct 2007 01:16

Maybe I can group up with my pals and make a free Trackmania for PSP, and I doubt that would happen. But I'll give a shot, as long as I don't distribute it, just to see if it works.

DJK
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS

Post by DJK » 23 Oct 2007 04:03

BJK, just ask someone that knows how to do it to do it.

DJK
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by DJK » 23 Oct 2007 04:04

Less then .0000001% of people who have a PC would even get TM.

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: All

Post by Trackmaniack » 31 Oct 2007 14:32

DJK wrote:Less then .0000001% of people who have a PC would even get TM.
What is the matter with you? Why do you have such a problem with TM? Is it because it bashed your comp.? Let me be one of the many to say that you are an idiot. You and your "brother" have no computer expertise whatsoever.
Cruisin' through life, TM-Style!

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by Trackmaniack » 01 Nov 2007 16:41

BJK wrote:Maybe I can group up with my pals and make a free Trackmania for PSP, and I doubt that would happen. But I'll give a shot, as long as I don't distribute it, just to see if it works.
Do you know how long that would take? TM has hundreds of thousands of lines of code in the game engine alone...all of them specifically coded for PC. You'd have to convert every single thing to work on the PSP coding system, then, essentially, re-write the game to make it work for PSP. Nadeo's not gonna do it because it's simply not cost effective. Now, if you actually had the time, and any computer expertise, I'd say go for it. But we've already seen the extent of your knowledge, haven't we?

DJK
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by DJK » 23 Jan 2008 02:56

Trackmaniack wrote:
BJK wrote:Maybe I can group up with my pals and make a free Trackmania for PSP, and I doubt that would happen. But I'll give a shot, as long as I don't distribute it, just to see if it works.
Do you know how long that would take? TM has hundreds of thousands of lines of code in the game engine alone...all of them specifically coded for PC. You'd have to convert every single thing to work on the PSP coding system, then, essentially, re-write the game to make it work for PSP. Nadeo's not gonna do it because it's simply not cost effective. Now, if you actually had the time, and any computer expertise, I'd say go for it. But we've already seen the extent of your knowledge, haven't we?
And what do you know?
and any computer expertise
I know, my brother is dumb at computers. But everyone makes mistakes.
But we've already seen the extent of your knowledge, haven't we?
I think I've seen your extent of knowledge- 1 out of 1000, just enough to play Track Mania and chat on forums.
Nadeo's not gonna do it because it's simply not cost effective.
Yeah, too many people pirating games, at least they never try DS because that would be less than the PSP.

Did you know?
The PSP uses C++ and C! But it compiles to a DATA.PSP which is contained in EBOOT.PBP.

I've done PSP C++, It's not very different from PC and I've done PC(Windows) C++.

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by Trackmaniack » 23 Jan 2008 04:30

Wow. You can honestly come in here and bash ME? I've seen your little tear-fest in the other thread about how TM **** with your laptop. You have no computer expertise whatsoever. If TM ran off of the software it would have graphics somewhat reminiscent of the old 8-bit games....now THOSE could run off of software. TM....no. When you actually KNOW what you're talking about, get back to me, 'kay? You have to use your brain for something other than just to keep your head from caving in, man. Come on...the PSP doesn't use C++....

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 23 Jan 2008 12:23

Trackmaniack wrote:
This post was reported for flaming. I do not see any flaming. Stop wasting my time ^^
Trackmaniack wrote:Wow. You can honestly come in here and bash ME? I've seen your little tear-fest in the other thread about how TM **** with your laptop. You have no computer expertise whatsoever. If TM ran off of the software it would have graphics somewhat reminiscent of the old 8-bit games....now THOSE could run off of software. TM....no. When you actually KNOW what you're talking about, get back to me, 'kay? You have to use your brain for something other than just to keep your head from caving in, man. Come on...the PSP doesn't use C++....
Now this is flaming, but since he's right, I'll let it slide :P