TrackMania Creations FAQ

Everything else which you can't find above

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Habbla
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Habbla » 18 Sep 2006 13:44

zea2005, you have been told where to put the mods.
You made a thread about it and you don't look there..?
Also, use the search button please.

JumperJack
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF

Post by JumperJack » 18 Nov 2006 14:58

i've a question. i've got an image for my track. the parts around the image has to be transparent. so when i've got the transparent image in photoshop, and save it as .jpg/.tga/.dds, it doesn't matter, the parts that were transparent became white...

how can i let these parts transparent while saving it into another dds file...??

thanks in advance :wink:

Xp
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMN, TMU

Post by Xp » 18 Nov 2006 20:01

You need to alter your alpha (in the channels tab).
White=opaque Black=transparent
Back with a barrel roll :island2

oskarso
pedestrian
pedestrian

my stickers wont work

Post by oskarso » 02 Jan 2007 11:44

i did evrything crusard said but they show up as some huge ugly ugly flag in the game =/ :cry: :cry:

Im trying to use the sticker in the editor but a weird flag comes up i cant put a damn pic
Last edited by oskarso on 02 Jan 2007 14:36, edited 1 time in total.

Herrick
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TM-forum warrior.

Post by Herrick » 02 Jan 2007 12:27

Errm what was you tiring to do? Try and be as detailed as you can describing the steps you took.
The Demons man, the Demons!

Don't like my posts? Feel free to not send me multiple PMs.

oskarso
pedestrian
pedestrian

steps i did

Post by oskarso » 02 Jan 2007 15:05

evrything it said in Crusards guide

[RFR]DaD
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMU, TM2c, TM2s

Post by [RFR]DaD » 27 Jan 2007 06:40

that eagle would make a nice brush too....all you would have to do is negative image it, then save it just like you did with the stencil, alphachannel tga, name it Brush.tga, make your icon and put them both in an eagle folder and toss in your stencils folder. then it can be whatever color you want, and can get some great effects using transparency like the flames on the car in my sig...was done with a brush....this elytre was done with some stickers ive just finished however.

brandon
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by brandon » 28 Jun 2007 00:22

thanks crusard - im a fan of pretty much everything u do with tmn

but there is one thing that i found annoying since i dont have photoshop, (i use macromedia fireworks) which is the .dds converter! i have found one though, so here you go if anyone else needs it http://eliteforce2.filefront.com/file/D ... 2#Download
sup im brandon, give me an e-mail if you want, just dont send an e-mail if all it says is 'hi'

4th Merlin
highway camper
highway camper

Post by 4th Merlin » 03 Jul 2007 11:10

WOW! I don't think i've ever seen sooooooooooo much useful info in just one place! Thanx very much to all the "Tek-heads" out there.... very, very useful posts.

Carpe Diem

4th Merlin

snaphappy
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU,TMO,TMN,TMS

Re: TrackMania Creations FAQ

Post by snaphappy » 09 Jan 2008 06:48

thz for info this was exactly what i was looking 4 :D

Vanhorn
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by Vanhorn » 14 Mar 2008 14:38

Hello Guys n Gals

First post, so be gentle.

I really enjoy making my own custom signs and have finally got my head round making animated ones but heres the bugger.

The 256x128 sign size is a bit limiting, with normal signs this is not a problem( I just chop up my pictures and jigsaw them together.

Now I've tried doing this with animated signs but I cant synch them up properly when I place the signs in the Nations editor. The framerates are out because I have to add the signs individually (obviously not a problem with static signs).

Is there some sort of easy programming thingy I can do to place 2 animated sign skins at the same time?

Please bear in my mind that I'm quite old (over 35) so try and keep any explainations nice and simple, like talking to a child.

Ta all.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 18 May 2008 00:09

Why were you all posting about server problems in the TM Creations FAQ topic?!

I moved it to the toolbox, that's what it's for.

UKFC»ACE
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF

Post by UKFC»ACE » 19 May 2008 11:58

Zooz this thread seems to cover anything and everything.

Vanhorn... Are you trying to have two animated signs beside each other that look like they play as one sign? You can do this but each sign will start to play at the same time, so if there is no action on one of the signs for a few seconds or whatever at the start of the animation then you must put this 'empty' action (time) at the start of the animation for that sign. So lets say you have an arrow moving across one sign and into another sign. If the arrow takes 1.5 seconds to move across the first sign and then appears in the second sign after, say, 1.6 seconds... then you must have 1.5 seconds of empty space at the start of the second sign as both signs will start to paly at the same time.

If it's a more complex sign and you want to have 2 or 4 signs play as one big sign then I would suggest you use flash software (gives better results for .biks anyway). Make the animation as one big flash animation and after you have completed it you can adjust the size of the 'stage'(image area) to 'record' it as 4 separate animations. I use SwishMax for animated .biks and save the movie as .gif then convert to .bik. For some reason creating straight gifs just doesn't give as good results.

Also... files do not have to be 256x128 but they should be multiples of. You can use 512x256, 1024x512, etc. but bare in mind file size and download time.

XIONG
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMO
Manialink(s): TMU

Post by XIONG » 02 Jun 2008 03:00

thanks!Very great~!
Keep up the great work~!

chronick1
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: united forever

Post by chronick1 » 23 Oct 2008 09:47

ok plz excuse my noobness i got photo shop just i can transfer my images to tga however im struggling to work out how to add transparency any help much appriciated ,i see how u add em to the game and found all correct folders but pics come up as a square which obviously bad times,thank you in advance for any help to good times:)