XASECO (TMN/TMF) v0.97

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v0.97

Post by Xymph » 02 May 2008 10:06

LaBBe- wrote:you can always save your admins, messages and other config to a different text file when upgrading, then just replace copypaste them from the file to the right parts of the configs
Good idea. On Unix, the 'diff' command is also helpful to spot changes in any config file.
soehest wrote:I like this very much have you been playing with manialinks? :D Any chance that it would be possible to race against the dedimania times, instead of the local ones? This have been requested by several users on my server.
Yes, I'm getting slowly familiar with the ML stuff. I did a little investigation into displaying Dedimania times in the checkpoints panel already, and it looks like that's possible but it didn't make it into the current version. Planned for the next one then.
soehest wrote:Thank you for your dedication and always quick fixes, i'll be back later with some more requests
No doubt. :P
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 02 May 2008 10:20

braet wrote:TXH for the new Version, I have no problems. Install and Config are very easy!!
Good to hear.
braet wrote:But I have a question:
Is there a chance to make a command for the Admin "/admin shufflemaps or /admin mixmaps" to shuffle the Maps on the Server?? :gobananas:
There's no direct command to actively shuffle the tracks, but you can easily do it with this:
- in config.xml check that <writetracklist_random> is True (it's the default)
- now simply write and read your current matchsettings: /admin writetracklist and /admin readtracklist; this way the server randomizes the tracks for you
- if you also have defined an autosave file ($autosave_matchsettings in rasp.settings.php) then it's even easier: just reload that file with /admin readtracklist autosave

Hmm, I suppose I can add a shuffle command just to make it more obvious that this is possible. Ok, will add to the next release.
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 02 May 2008 10:26

Xymph wrote:
  • * displaying colored or stripped tracknames in all /list commands, /best, /worst, /jukebox display and /admin listdupes is now configurable via new config.xml setting <lists_colortracks> – again, it's recommended to keep tracknames stripped on TMN as they were before
I just realized that this makes it harder (usually impossible) to see in a track listing which tracks have recently been played and cannot be jukeboxed again. Previously that was shown by greying out the pertaining entries, but that is overruled by the colors in most track names.

I'm not sure what the best way is to visually distinguish recently played from jukeable tracks with all these colors. Any suggestions?

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 02 May 2008 10:35

Forgot about this one earlier:
cow wrote:also in the upgrade info, unless it is a long list can you post what has changed about adminops.xml as I have them pretty well set and have to reset it up the way I like it each time.
adminops.xml only changes when there are new /admin commands. So if you see "new /admin xxx command" in the release notes, that file was updated with <admin_abilities> and <operator_abilities> entries for that 'xxx' command, otherwise it hasn't changed.

Does that help?

Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMNF/TMU
Manialink(s): intr

Post by Knutselmaaster » 02 May 2008 10:43

Xymph wrote:
I'm not sure what the best way is to visually distinguish recently played from jukeable tracks with all these colors. Any suggestions?
Is it possible to put all recently played tracks on the last page of/list, most people don't even go that far in the list when jukeboxing... Then put a header recently played "blocked" or so....

LaBBe-
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by LaBBe- » 02 May 2008 11:00

Knutselmaaster wrote:
Xymph wrote:
Is it possible to put all recently played tracks on the last page of/list, most people don't even go that far in the list when jukeboxing... Then put a header recently played "blocked" or so....
or a 'recently played' column in the list and some mark in the column if the track is inside the jukebox buffer and can not be jukeboxed

lgrfbs-sweden
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by lgrfbs-sweden » 02 May 2008 11:02

Good idea Knutselmaaster
Admin On:Image
My server:lgrfbs server / XASECO plugins

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 02 May 2008 11:35

Knutselmaaster wrote:
Xymph wrote:I'm not sure what the best way is to visually distinguish recently played from jukeable tracks with all these colors. Any suggestions?
It's tricky (and also undesirable) to sort the default track list based on whether some tracks occur in another list (the history). Besides, there are many ways to list tracks that already involve sorting itself (by your records, by track length, by nofinish/norank/etc, by how recently you played them, and so on), and it's also possible to search by track name or author which results in a very short list. If the list is only one page, it still needs to be visually obvious which tracks cannot be jukeboxed.
LaBBe- wrote:or a 'recently played' column in the list and some mark in the column if the track is inside the jukebox buffer and can not be jukeboxed
That's an option, but I would really like to avoid adding yet another column, e.g. /list norecent already has four columns.

Perhaps a better approach is to strip colors of tracks in the history so that they'll be greyed out as before, even though there are tracks that use grey colors which cannot be distinguished this way.

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Assembler Maniac » 02 May 2008 12:14

Xymph,

If you put your config files in an install folder, you can keep them from being overwritten when people update their code.

k4nm4n
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by k4nm4n » 02 May 2008 12:15

@Xymph

When someone want to upload tracks from tmx(now isn't online) Aseco stops "press any key" message apear.Please can you tell me what i can do to fix this problem.Aseco version 0.96b :roflol:

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 02 May 2008 12:21

Assembler Maniac wrote:If you put your config files in an install folder, you can keep them from being overwritten when people update their code.
Already doing that (in newinstall/) as of v0.93, so that's not the issue here I think.

jouko100
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by jouko100 » 02 May 2008 12:29

My server has big lag when i am using 0.97 or 0.96b.0.96 seems to be working. When there is over 10 players people are comlaining about lag.They say cars speed is chanching and others cars are lagging.Chat can be slow too.
Good when 0.96 is working

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Assembler Maniac » 02 May 2008 12:31

Xymph wrote:
Assembler Maniac wrote:If you put your config files in an install folder, you can keep them from being overwritten when people update their code.
Already doing that (in newinstall/) as of v0.93, so that's not the issue here I think.
Hmmmm, must have missed it when I looked at the .93 zip (or was thinking about someone elses release).

Sorry.

k4nm4n
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by k4nm4n » 02 May 2008 12:33

Do you have another link for download becouse this one doesn't work like tmx page, maybe only from Slovenia.I called my ISP and they tested the connection and fails.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 02 May 2008 12:34

k4nm4n wrote:When someone want to upload tracks from tmx(now isn't online) Aseco stops "press any key" message apear.Please can you tell me what i can do to fix this problem.Aseco version 0.96b
Strange, that should only generate a warning in the log, not stop XAseco. And I see I didn't prevent that warning for /add, only for /admin add. Find the following code in plugin.rasp_jukebox.php around line 716:

Code: Select all

$remotefile = 'http://' . $sections[$section] . '.tm-exchange.com/get.aspx?action=trackgbx&id=' . $tmxid;
      if (!$stream = fopen($remotefile, 'r')) {
Now put a '@' before the fopen call like this:

Code: Select all

$remotefile = 'http://' . $sections[$section] . '.tm-exchange.com/get.aspx?action=trackgbx&id=' . $tmxid;
      if (!$stream = @fopen($remotefile, 'r')) {
This should prevent Aseco from crashing (so I've just updated the download zip with this fix too), but beware that it can take a long time (up to 20 seconds) before the fopen call times out. Eventually you'll get a message that the track could not be downloaded though, and XAseco will respond normally again.

If you want to prevent users doing /add's at all, set $feature_tmxadd to false in rasp.settings.php until TMX is back online.