Here's a new release to fix once for good (hopefully) the player's authentication.
Summary of the previous episodes: a few additional checks were added to the server to detected players that were changing login or using other people logins or fake logins. But they were only fixing the issue on the surface, and were easily circumvented.
So in this new version, we've introduce the correct fix (tm) for the issue, using rsa signature and the like, to make sure that people trying to connect with some login were actually validated and trusted by the master server.
Dedicated server for TMF, version 2009-10-09
You can download it from
http://files2.trackmaniaforever.com/Tra ... -10-09.zip
http://files2.trackmaniaforever.com/Tra ... -10-09.tgz
- don't ban players when using a mix-mapped challenge with two checkpoints on the same spot. (not that this means it's supported, but at least it will hopefully not ban for no apparent reason people in good faith)
- ChatEnableManualRouting() can now take a additional boolean to enable a mode where only the player's message go through the routing callback but not the server ones. (This is to both avoid useless work, and to work around the issue that it is anyway impossible to make the server messages work correctly given that the callback doesn't give the recipient of the message)
- when the config was <p2p_cache_size>0</p2p_cache_size> (or in some other cases where the cache was too small), the server crashed at start time.
- ChooseNextChallengeList() and ChooseNextChallenge() now set IsListModified == true in the ChallengeListModified() callback
- Added more checks on invalid packets or invalid challenges to avoid crashes.
- New connection protocol with a signature check on the player login before allowing the connection, (if the client supports it.)
- New configuration to only allow recent client to connect:
add <minimum_client_build>2009-10-08</minimum_client_build> to the <system_config> section to only allow client supporting the new connection protocol.
And so, there's also a new fix for the game available if you want to test a bit:
nations: http://files2.trackmaniaforever.com/TmN ... _Setup.exe
united: http://files2.trackmaniaforever.com/TmU ... _Setup.exe
It's mostly useful for the new login validation, but it includes some fixes too:
- fix for the crash when in multiplayer mode, the mouse is over a image in a server manialink page and the map changes.
- fixed the rumble on speedlink joypads
- issue with degraded texture quality for graphic cards with lots of RAM.
- issue with too restrictive access rights on the shared data folder, under vista.
- support for the new connection protocol with login signature checks
- clipping issues with the launcher and Japanese characters
- some little optimisations with load times
- add a few more fixes carried over from the dedicated server (crashes on invalid data or packets,..)
The new protocol is supposed to allow a smooth transition (new clients can still connect to old servers, old clients can still connect to the new servers (if not forbidden via the config option).
The plan is to give those some testing, and if all goes fine (no regressions...), make it a more official patch.
(edit: As no problems are being reported, I remove the "beta" tag, and upload setups for the fix, with no changes to the actual files)